Author Topic: Wut?  (Read 4531 times)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Wut?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2022, 05:59:01 AM »
There you have it Morf the wildlife biologist from Georgia says there’s nothing to worry about. How could he be wrong?

He’s not wrong just mistaken…..it is a sea bear and methane does break down but neither of those things means squat.

You know like why do I need a snowblower when I only use it 3 or 4 times a year.,25 years ago I had to use it almost  every day during winter! Now I’ll wait for a mechanical engineer to explain why I still need to keep my snowblower….

Did you hear the one about the happy snowman,he saw the snowblower coming down the street.

<S>
« Last Edit: June 03, 2022, 06:01:04 AM by morfiend »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2022, 07:43:33 AM »
It's in your back yard. Did you know that the Gulf Stream causes the sea level on the American coast of the Atlantic Ocean to be lower than on the European coast?

Also I've heard that the mass of the water compresses the ocean floor. Liquids like water don't compress, substances often do.

Yes I know, I was trying to wind-up Violator  :rofl

The whole of post-Brexit Britain is steadily tilting up on end and will eventally go down like the Titanic while Boris Johnson mournfully plays Rocket Man by Elton John whilst sitting on the edge of John o' Groats as it slowly descends. Why Zack is so Grumpy. They won't let him ride his Lambretta in Europe because it's a two-stroke  :old:

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2022, 08:42:50 AM »
Climate Change, Ocean Front property in Arizona, Florida being submerged! You aint seen nothing yet! Wait till the Tribulation starts......... :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2022, 10:00:58 AM »
More concerned about out of control governments and its corrupt politicians than the weather...but that's me

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2022, 11:18:58 AM »
Climate Change, Ocean Front property in Arizona, Florida being submerged! You aint seen nothing yet! Wait till the Tribulation starts......... :bolt:

Til it starts?

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: June 03, 2022, 11:20:39 AM »
More concerned about out of control governments and its corrupt politicians than the weather...but that's me

Eagler

Russia Russia Russia. (Still confusing climate and weather?)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: June 03, 2022, 11:28:50 AM »

Not confused at all..I think you are in an attempt to respond with something...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: June 03, 2022, 11:32:47 AM »
Not confused at all..I think you are in an attempt to respond with something...

Eagler

Que?  :old:

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: June 03, 2022, 02:00:18 PM »

Cute Arlo, but no banana. While Climate change is normal and weather never stays the same, the tribulation WILL come and its effects on this earth and man kind will be like nothing before. There I will leave you to your own amusement.  :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: June 03, 2022, 02:12:51 PM »
Cute Arlo, but no banana. While Climate change is normal and weather never stays the same, the tribulation WILL come and its effects on this earth and man kind will be like nothing before. There I will leave you to your own amusement.  :bolt:

The tribulation is already here, man, and it's of our own making. As amusing as you may picture it, it's not, really.  :frown:

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #40 on: June 03, 2022, 02:25:30 PM »
Makes you wonder where all the water went  :old:

Yeah.  The earth is ~68% water.  The human body is ~68% water.  If the earth's population doubles, where does the water come from?

Another interesting tidbit is that the ouput of all the rivers in the world, on a yearly basis, is almost that of the amount of water contained in the polar ice caps.  So why don't the seas rise 20 feet every year?
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: June 03, 2022, 02:28:26 PM »
Another interesting tidbit is that the ouput of all the rivers in the world, on a yearly basis, is almost that of the amount of water contained in the polar ice caps.  So why don't the seas rise 20 feet every year?

Is this a freshman level college environmental physics test?

Offline decoy

• Nickel Member
      • Clay Mercer on the web
« Reply #42 on: June 03, 2022, 02:32:11 PM »
So, according to your diagram, only 1% of the amount of water in the ocean is ice.  Give or take.  How can increasing the oceans' volumes by 1% raise the level by 20 feet?

I'm done, but I think you need a hobby Arlo.
Rule #1 Don't sweat the small stuff
Rule #2 It's all small stuff.
Rule #3 What doesn't kill you, makes you stronger.  Except redheads, they just kill you.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: June 03, 2022, 02:36:01 PM »
So, according to your diagram, only 1% of the amount of water in the ocean is ice.  Give or take.  How can increasing the oceans' volumes by 1% raise the level by 20 feet?

I'm done, but I think you need a hobby Arlo.

Hey, I was just addressing your question. I really thought you were testing us.  :)

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: June 03, 2022, 02:43:30 PM »
Yeah.  The earth is ~68% water.  The human body is ~68% water.  If the earth's population doubles, where does the water come from?

:rofl
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0