Author Topic: War in Ukraine: haven't we seen this movie before?  (Read 6438 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: War in Ukraine: haven't we seen this movie before?
« Reply #45 on: July 09, 2022, 11:06:32 AM »
It would be interesting to research if this same debate was happening in the U.S.A. between September 3, 1939 and December 7, 1941.

It was. America was divided, with a lot of American not wanting to get involved in another war in Europe. FDR had to pull strings and get creative/take political risks in sending aid even.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: July 09, 2022, 11:21:00 AM »
If the cap fits, wear it.

Rather ironic to watch a bigot smear others with accusations of bigotry.  You are simply the opposite side of the same coin you are trying to smear.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: July 09, 2022, 11:25:04 AM »
Rather ironic to watch a bigot smear others with accusations of bigotry.  You are simply the opposite side of the same coin you are trying to smear.

Yawn. 

You simply prefer to lick the boots of the American authoritarian instead of the Russian one.

A distinction without a different.  Bon appetit.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: July 09, 2022, 11:48:04 AM »
It would be interesting to research if this same debate was happening in the U.S.A. between September 3, 1939 and December 7, 1941.

Yes I would be in the majority then..
it took that surprise surprise surprise attack at pearl to push the majority to war after saving the day already just a short time before ...they hadn't gotten past ww1 losses

It did do wonders for that depression thingy ....

Waiting for American assets to be directly attacked and it somehow tied to this proxy war .. instantly making it less proxy via a burst of sudden if not very long lasting patriotism

Like the OP states ...we have seen it before

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #49 on: July 09, 2022, 11:48:07 AM »
Yawn. 

You simply prefer to lick the boots of the American authoritarian instead of the Russian one.

A distinction without a different.  Bon appetit.

No, I'm simply pointing out the observable facts regarding your behavior.  You smear tens of millions of people who did not vote for your guy over the wrong behavior of a small minority of them.

Rather, you throw childish insults at me despite not knowing who I voted for, if anyone, as well as knowing I fully support Ukraine's right to defend itself which directly contradicts your claims.

So far, you have done a great job of making my point while lacking the introspect to realize that you are doing so.  That sucks for all of us and I would hope you would be a better man in the future.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: July 09, 2022, 12:02:31 PM »
You smear tens of millions of people who did not vote for your guy over the wrong behavior of a small minority of them.

No their main crime was worshipping the Orange Pig-God.

The ones (I believe a majority of Trumpers) that lick the Russian authoritarian's boots are just putting a cherry on top of their pile of excrement.

Don't expect me to give a flip if you like my views or not.  If I'm pissing off a Trumper, I'm doing God's work.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: July 09, 2022, 12:03:23 PM »
Better to send the big mouths from England who have nothing better to do

You own shares on Lockheed Martin?

Nasty Russians :rofl

Biden is a very good President,

Hilary Clinton is calling the shots you suckers.

« Last Edit: July 09, 2022, 12:05:07 PM by zack1234 »
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: July 09, 2022, 12:10:16 PM »
You own shares on Lockheed Martin?

https://www.thedailybeast.com/how-british-high-society-fell-in-love-with-the-nazis

Everything old is new again. 

Except this time it's the lower dregs of society instead of the upper crust.

Fact.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #53 on: July 09, 2022, 12:17:08 PM »
No their main crime was worshipping the Orange Pig-God.

The ones (I believe a majority of Trumpers) that lick the Russian authoritarian's boots are just putting a cherry on top of their pile of excrement.

Don't expect me to give a flip if you like my views or not.  If I'm pissing off a Trumper, I'm doing God's work.

One of the fundamental roles of propaganda, and it comes from all sides, is to divide a society into groups and pit those groups against each other.  That is how Fascists and other Totalitarian groups gain power.  You may call your participation in that behavior "God's Work" but I would hate to think there is any decent or just god who would condone you.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: July 09, 2022, 12:21:18 PM »
One of the fundamental roles of propaganda, and it comes from all sides, is to divide a society into groups and pit those groups against each other.  That is how Fascists and other Totalitarian groups gain power.  You may call your participation in that behavior "God's Work" but I would hate to think there is any decent or just god who would condone you.

Yawn.  Try harder Trumper.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: July 09, 2022, 12:35:54 PM »

I'm hardly a "Trumper".  I know you don't care and accusing me of such is your only path forward in this conversation since you care so little of morality.  I do however, appreciate you going so far out of your way to help me make my point.  Hopefully others might take heed of your example and follow a better course.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2022, 12:38:11 PM »

I'm hardly a "Trumper".  I know you don't care and accusing me of such is your only path forward in this conversation since you care so little of morality.  I do however, appreciate you going so far out of your way to help me make my point.  Hopefully others might take heed of your example and follow a better course.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: July 09, 2022, 12:45:39 PM »
This pattern of behavior is why this board has stagnated over the years.  The sheer irony of those who behave the worst with this childish trolling are often the ones who cast the most stones at others no matter how imaginary.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: July 09, 2022, 12:47:16 PM »
This pattern of behavior is why this board has stagnated over the years.  The sheer irony of those who behave the worst with this childish trolling are often the ones who cast the most stones at others no matter how imaginary.

Did you vote for Trump in 2016 and 2020?

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: July 09, 2022, 12:48:39 PM »

Trump always has a little Putin juice dripping off his chin. 

I wonder what Putin has on him?  Or maybe Trump just idolizes authoritarian dictators.