Author Topic: Traces of Texas  (Read 1813 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Traces of Texas
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2022, 11:37:17 AM »
If you would like to clue in, the reason they have always come to the United States is for work. They don't come fleeing the cartels or they don't come trying to sell drugs.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2022, 11:55:09 AM »
I just want to make clear. Milo actually thinks that the immigration problem is caused because Mexicans and Mexican families are coming to the United States to sell drugs. Lol!

I knew your weren't that bright but now I know for sure.

They are coming from countries to get away from the hell holes the drug cartels created.

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2022, 12:17:02 PM »
I knew your weren't that bright but now I know for sure.

They are coming from countries to get away from the hell holes the drug cartels created.

....and are dragging the cartels over here as well.
My dad speaks Spanish and hangs out with the Latino community whenever he can, and he has met many drug dealers face to face within that Latino community.

It's not all a noble escape from the cartels.
Turn n' Burn!

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2022, 12:44:23 PM »
A girl and her brother at home in San Antonio, 1939. Humble surroundings, to say the least. I can't imagine how uncomfortable a dwelling like this could get in the summertime in San Antonio. That they persevered says a lot about them. Tough people.

Photo by Russell Lee.

(Image removed from quote.)

My mother was born in 1934 in San Antonio and later moved to Dallas. I grew up there and never had air conditioning until I was 13. Wasn't so tough.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2022, 12:48:48 PM by AKIron »
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.