Author Topic: Moderator Abuse. Again.  (Read 4649 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Moderator Abuse. Again.
« Reply #60 on: July 19, 2022, 03:57:27 PM »
Oh.. I get it. You troll these forums more than you fly. No matter how its explained, you are determined not to see a tactical value in what I do....and again, that's ok, as it is not my job to educate you or train you. If you want to remain naive and ignorant, your choice.

So... I will continue to manage the CV groups in the manner I chose. IF you and anyone else does not agree with that, then work hard (like I had to)...earn a better rank and take it from me. That....or pay my $14.95 a month and then you can dictate to me how to play.

:rofl I'm sorry you have to work hard for rank. You are allowed to spend your money as you wish, even though it may impact others negatively. Some care about the game and some do not.

« Last Edit: July 19, 2022, 04:09:29 PM by Shuffler »
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #61 on: July 19, 2022, 05:07:04 PM »

"Naturally, it is My CV"                                                                                 

"So sorry, it is MINE"

"NO, I saw if first"

:D
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: July 19, 2022, 06:19:20 PM »
 :banana:

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #63 on: July 19, 2022, 07:27:44 PM »

Or someone on the other side with a passion for strategic / meta gameplay and experience comes along.

First, anyone around here for some time could knows about the way you are using the CV on certain maps. (It's nothing new or unique either, it's just with the low numbers of these days you are probably the last player left to do these things).

What I used to do on certain maps is checking the strats for damage patterns with the dt command. Damage from bombers has a markedly different pattern from Jabo or CA/BB bombardment, both in time and spatial distribution. So when I would notice someone is hitting the strats with NOE jabos, I very well might come to the conclusion that there may be a CV involved.

Exactly what I do. But I only rarely hunt the CV once I've figured out one must be there. Depends on how recent the damage is, mostly. And how predictable the CV location is.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: July 19, 2022, 09:22:36 PM »
Make some new posts and bury this garbage.

I'd rather see a play by play of climbing to 30k in bombers.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #65 on: July 19, 2022, 09:52:33 PM »
It takes hours.....to get a CV into position. Seeing you cannot count on countrymen to let the CV get to it's "operational" location....one needs to 'keep' command of the fleet, as it gets into position. Sometimes...this takes hours. It is NOT me being selfish/greedy or anything close to that. I am getting into position to keep the NME's factories down.

I am done talking about this. I serve my country. I keep the strats down for MY countrymen. If anyone has issue with that.......then maybe its time to look at them.

You are acting as if the CV is yours.

If you log off you should not be able to keep command. That's just selfish and wrong.

this is a game, not a real war.

Yeah, you have the rank to do that but that's BS.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: July 20, 2022, 08:29:59 AM »

And just a few years ago the 49ers had the game changed on them to stop their missions that required huge investments in time.     

The same people who were screaming then are OK with players who are not logged in controlling assets.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #67 on: July 20, 2022, 08:32:01 AM »
It's a game, not a real war.

Let other people have fun with the CV when you're not logged in. I can't believe anyone would even try to justify some of this stuff.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #68 on: July 20, 2022, 08:33:52 AM »
I am done talking about this. I serve my country. I keep the strats down for MY countrymen. If anyone has issue with that.......then maybe its time to look at them.

Dude...go outside.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #69 on: July 20, 2022, 08:35:18 AM »
Maybe the person just goes AFK for hours? Is that what is happening?

I wonder if there could be a timer that automatically releases the CVs after 30 minutes or so? Or maybe not allow the same person to control the CV for more than an hour - and then they have to wait an hour before they can control it again. Something like that.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2022, 12:33:04 PM »
"Naturally, it is My CV"                                                                                 
(Image removed from quote.)

"So sorry, it is MINE"

"NO, I saw if first"

:D

:rofl Classic :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: July 20, 2022, 12:34:50 PM »
CV groups are easy to find with the predictable behavior of the people controlling them. 

It was fun hunting with a long pt boat drive until pt boats became visible on far no matter where they are on the map.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2022, 12:37:59 PM by icepac »

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: July 20, 2022, 04:48:50 PM »
And just a few years ago the 49ers had the game changed on them to stop their missions that required huge investments in time.     

The same people who were screaming then are OK with players who are not logged in controlling assets.

they caused a lot of players to quit. a single cv is not that big of a deal.   dar being down for hours just to annoy was dumb.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #73 on: July 21, 2022, 04:33:12 PM »
<<S>> Lusche, it has been a long while since we tangled, my friend. Hope to see you in the (un)friendly skies sometime. Hope you're doing well.

Actually, we tangled a bit recently.   :D I came back about three weeks for a short visit, but like so often in the past 7 years under a different name, though these days I'm more often than not sitting in a tower watching an empty map.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #74 on: July 21, 2022, 05:00:46 PM »

Actually, we tangled a bit recently.   :D I came back about three weeks for a short visit, but like so often in the past 7 years under a different name, though these days I'm more often than not sitting in a tower watching an empty map.

That's when it's time to get crazy and use a 262 to deack.  :D
Turn n' Burn!