Author Topic: Hair brained idea  (Read 2205 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: Hair brained idea
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2022, 07:22:30 AM »
Two week free trial with all planes..as it is now

Then another two weeks to a month with a subset of free to fly planes ...this is after a pop-up asking if they want full
pay access or continued by limited free trial access

Then the $15 a month signup for total access with a couple of barely used planes in ma that stay free to fly...targets for the rest of us :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2022, 08:17:57 AM »

Also I think it's incumbent among vets to actively seek out and help newer players before clubbing them like baby seals.

A new player doesn't come tuned to ch 200, which currently is the o ly way a guy on the opposite side would be able to communicate with them.  We also can no longer PM the other side, because instead of dealing with a couple problem people, HT decided to take it away for good.  I think that choice took a lot of out of the community aspect of the game.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2022, 10:27:18 AM »
A new player doesn't come tuned to ch 200, which currently is the o ly way a guy on the opposite side would be able to communicate with them.  We also can no longer PM the other side, because instead of dealing with a couple problem people, HT decided to take it away for good.  I think that choice took a lot of out of the community aspect of the game.

Yeah, that's true. And I know even me - having played for years previously, when someone would pm me in game I wouldn't know how to tune to them to answer them back.

I think it would be cool if the private radio channel would auto-tune to the person who calls you. Or maybe just a popup that askes if you would like to tune to them and then a way to click and tune to them.

I think the radio channels can be confusing for new players.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2022, 12:31:42 PM »

You can talk cross country on the 200 channels though, both parties have to be tuned to the same channel, ie 258.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2022, 03:54:00 PM »
You can talk cross country on the 200 channels though, both parties have to be tuned to the same channel, ie 258.

Yeah, still part of the hurdle with the learning curve though.  I'd rather have them on 200 to get a sense of community than praying they can figure out how to tune to a different ch200-299 frequency.  And then obviously teach them how to squelch the guys that log in to purely talk politics.   :D