Author Topic: Air conditioning is now evil  (Read 6195 times)

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Air conditioning is now evil
« Reply #75 on: July 27, 2022, 10:50:10 AM »
Dude, what do you not get? I and the article have already explained how the two are related. It is not a direct link but a byproduct. It has to do with low-income housing and the nature of power companies. Ask yourself, how can a $20k income family spend more in power per month than an $80k income family? When you get your answer, you should arrive at the link between systemic racism in our country's past and global warming. If you do, then you can decide if you agree or disagree with the link. The facts are indisputable, but there is a socioeconomic theory in there that you'd have to subscribe to. If you don't, I can't help you any more. You just simply do not have enough background knowledge or lack the ability to think critically to have this conversation.

The real question is why are they only making 20k a year in 2022 in the land of opportunity? It's their own culture and leadership  keeping them down. Not racism or climate change. Those are both excuses to cover up for a poorly guided culture that cannot escape from their past and push toward a greater future. They just want to bring the rest of us down to their level. Black culture in France, Germany, Canada, and Britain for example, are much more successful because their mentality and culture are geared towards success rather than gangs, drugs, being rappers, and being held down by the past as an excuse to why they aren't successful today.

It's very important to read from Thomas Sowell and Herman Cain about this. They truely understand this situation. They became very successful. They didn't believe that anyone was holding them back.

One of my favorite quotes

"Argue for you limitations and sure enough they are yours."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 10:52:15 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #76 on: July 27, 2022, 11:00:22 AM »
The Tulsa race massacre took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents, some of whom had been deputized and given weapons by city officials, attacked black residents and destroyed homes and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #77 on: July 27, 2022, 11:10:33 AM »
Dude, what do you not get? I and the article have already explained how the two are related. It is not a direct link but a byproduct. It has to do with low-income housing and the nature of power companies. Ask yourself, how can a $20k income family spend more in power per month than an $80k income family? When you get your answer, you should arrive at the link between systemic racism in our country's past and global warming. If you do, then you can decide if you agree or disagree with the link. The facts are indisputable, but there is a socioeconomic theory in there that you'd have to subscribe to. If you don't, I can't help you any more. You just simply do not have enough background knowledge or lack the ability to think critically to have this conversation.

What do you not get? I acknowledge what you said and even gave an example of myself paying more for air conditioning than somebody who could afford a better air conditioner or more insulation or whatever.

The article is ridiculous no matter what you say. We can disagree and that's that we don't need to discuss it any further. But the line in the article that says that air conditioning divides us by race and status is complete BS. That'd be like saying car tires divide us all by race and status. They do not.

And you are missing that the point of the article is to demonize air conditioning and make it a racial issue.
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #78 on: July 27, 2022, 11:13:20 AM »
Also, I don't appreciate being called dude. I'm sure that was meant to be a slight. Not an accident. But whatever. Just like the forum busybody calling me and Milo calling me an 'it".

You know if we are talking about minorities I'm probably in one of the very smallest minorities that there is. I also have family members that are black they are no different than me, well actually most of them are higher status than me. They make more money and are better off than me.

If you want to be one of these people that thinks racism is integrated into every little thing, including air conditioning, then that's your business. I think it's totally ridiculous. They article is ridiculous no matter what you're saying.

« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:24:47 AM by -gg- »

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #79 on: July 27, 2022, 11:16:31 AM »
Stayin' cool gg. The heat in southern Idaho is a lot more tolerable than places with higher humidity. Maybe I'll drop by ICOM, thanks.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #80 on: July 27, 2022, 11:18:15 AM »
Stayin' cool gg. The heat in southern Idaho is a lot more tolerable than places with higher humidity. Maybe I'll drop by ICOM, thanks.

I bet it's nice this time of year! You should stop by icom!

😊

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2022, 11:45:42 AM »

And you are missing that the point of the article is to demonize air conditioning and make it a racial issue.

No, you are missing the point of the article. It is demonizing inequality as it pertains to utilities. But, I am done explaining. I appreciate the acknowledgement. It is your opinion that the article is ridiculous. Fair enough. Bowing out of this thread.

Sorry for saying dude, it was not a slight. In the same way I say "Dude!" after spilling coffee on the floor. The Millennial equivalent of "Bruh."
« Last Edit: July 27, 2022, 11:48:09 AM by perdue3 »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2022, 12:03:27 PM »
Okay, I'm sorry about that. Thank you for explaining. I don't mean to be sensitive about that either.

My original point was that instead of using race as the divide they should have just used poverty or money because that's more accurate. When they slant the article as air conditioning dividing us by race, that is not true.

I don't like all of the race baiting and this article to me was that.

Like when they say climate change affects minorities more than other people that gets under my skin. You should just say it affects impoverished people if that's what they're thinking. There are lots of impoverished people of all races everywhere around the world.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #83 on: July 27, 2022, 12:17:25 PM »
The Tulsa race massacre took place on May 31 and June 1, 1921, when mobs of white residents, some of whom had been deputized and given weapons by city officials, attacked black residents and destroyed homes and businesses of the Greenwood District in Tulsa, Oklahoma.

Crazy thing is about 36 people died total however many were left homeless and injured. Definitely a terrible thing. What's even more crazy is that there were 800 homicides in Chicago last year and about 75% of them were black people murdered by other black people. 1,000 homicides the year before. So we are clearly looking at a cultural issue in 2022, not a racist one that you seen 100 years ago.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #84 on: July 27, 2022, 12:19:11 PM »
Okay, I'm sorry about that. Thank you for explaining. I don't mean to be sensitive about that either.

Had I known you were sensitive, I'd have been much more careful. My sincerest apologies, again.

Fair point on impoverished people versus minorities. That is where the article author becomes biased and loses a little credibility in terms of objectivity. Having said that, 40% of African-Americans have a family household income of less than $35k and 30% of Hispanics have a family household income less than $35k. So, the author took liberties, as aforementioned in the thread, but was not far off although it does create bias. This generalization is dangerous for it creates rhetoric and both sides are guilty of this. That is venturing into politics, so I will stop there.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #85 on: July 27, 2022, 12:31:59 PM »

Ad hominem and bandwagon reasoning. Nothing personal, but I do not listen to arguments that use that.
There is no theory that anyone "has to" subscribe to.
Different people can draw vastly different conclusions from the same thing.
Nothing is "indisputable"
Everyone is perfectly within their rights to have their own ideas and reasoning. Superimposing viewpoints does not help anyone.

Nothing personal, perdue3, but you could have approached that a lot better lol.

Maybe instead of arguing over how racism and global warming are affecting people, maybe focus on helping people make smart financial and life decisions, and get their voter cards to make educated votes.  :aok
Turn n' Burn!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #86 on: July 27, 2022, 12:39:39 PM »
Ad hominem and bandwagon reasoning. Nothing personal, but I do not listen to arguments that use that.
There is no theory that anyone "has to" subscribe to.
Different people can draw vastly different conclusions from the same thing.
Nothing is "indisputable"
Everyone is perfectly within their rights to have their own ideas and reasoning. Superimposing viewpoints does not help anyone.

Nothing personal, perdue3, but you could have approached that a lot better lol.

Maybe instead of arguing over how racism and global warming are affecting people, maybe focus on helping people make smart financial and life decisions, and get their voter cards to make educated votes.  :aok

I agree that I may have showed frustration there, but it was not intended as ad hominem. Many things are indisputable, these are facts. Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941. Water molecule is made up of 3 atoms. And many, many more. No one has to subscribe to any specific theory, a reason why it is a theory. Where people get confused is the difference between fact and theory. Believing theory is fine, not believing fact is not fine. I never claimed that global warming directly affects one race more than the other, I only tried to connect the dots between that claim in the article. GG's last post ends the discussion. The author should have used impoverished people instead of minorities, even though minorities make up a huge portion of the impoverished population.

C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #87 on: July 27, 2022, 12:41:52 PM »
I agree that I may have showed frustration there, but it was not intended as ad hominem. Many things are indisputable, these are facts. Pearl Harbor was attacked on December 7, 1941. Water molecule is made up of 3 atoms. And many, many more. No one has to subscribe to any specific theory, a reason why it is a theory. Where people get confused is the difference between fact and theory. Believing theory is fine, not believing fact is not fine. I never claimed that global warming directly affects one race more than the other, I only tried to connect the dots between that claim in the article. GG's last post ends the discussion. The author should have used impoverished people instead of minorities, even though minorities make up a huge portion of the impoverished population.

:aok
Cool beans, no hard feelings.  :cheers:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #88 on: July 27, 2022, 01:58:28 PM »
. Black culture in France, Germany, Canada, and Britain for example, are much more successful because their mentality and culture are geared towards success rather than gangs, drugs, being rappers, and being held down by the past as an excuse to why they aren't successful today.

assuming that all blacks in the usa make below 20k, do drugs and want to be rappers is one gigantic racist statement.  actually your whole post is.  you make assumptions that well aren't true.

notice I said you made one racist statement not that you were racist, which I believe you are not.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #89 on: July 27, 2022, 02:02:15 PM »
Dontcha know, Semp that systemic racism is always the fault of its victims?  :noid