Author Topic: Players that are gone but not forgotten.  (Read 7787 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Players that are gone but not forgotten.
« Reply #60 on: September 01, 2022, 03:59:30 AM »
Doing good least I am on the Short list still and not the long list. Just enjoying life day by day.
AMEN!!!!  We have lost too many! Here I was, worried about you? I feel blessed, to have been able to do what I did!                         Kenai77, asked me the other day.."You talked with Molsman lately? I recall, you guys had special relationship?"  Yes sir, we did!  I havent talked with him for about 2 years.   "Ok, me either, except on BBS sometimes. Was just wondering, I miss that GUY!!!!"   Kenai,"He posted on "Players that are gone...post"  "HE LIVES"!!!! :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2022, 12:01:03 AM »
AMEN!!!!  We have lost too many! Here I was, worried about you? I feel blessed, to have been able to do what I did!                         Kenai77, asked me the other day.."You talked with Molsman lately? I recall, you guys had special relationship?"  Yes sir, we did!  I havent talked with him for about 2 years.   "Ok, me either, except on BBS sometimes. Was just wondering, I miss that GUY!!!!"   Kenai,"He posted on "Players that are gone...post"  "HE LIVES"!!!! :salute

I still read the boards and all at least once or twice a month I have made way to many friends here so I try to post and say I am still Alive
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: September 06, 2022, 04:10:21 AM »

I still read the boards and all at least once or twice a month I have made way to many friends here so I try to post and say I am still Alive
It is appreciated,Sir! :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2022, 11:27:31 AM »

Stumbled in here to find this...

...I really appreciate the kind words.  I was just lucky to be surrounded by good men.  You've got to have good men.

<S>

Stampf
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #64 on: September 06, 2022, 11:36:18 AM »
Starts with a great leader though. Good to see you still kicking around.  :cheers:

Thought you might appreciate this.

Last FSO Rider was flying with us. Twice he was separated from us and had an LA5 chasing him. He reversed them and killed them both. Then I hear a laugh and "I still got it"! Was great to hear him having fun. Although he did say you got him into this when he was 12. Bunch of us are like WTF.  :old: :old: :old:

:salute  Vilkas

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Stampf

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: September 06, 2022, 11:41:41 AM »
Starts with a great leader though. Good to see you still kicking around.  :cheers:

Thought you might appreciate this.

Last FSO Rider was flying with us. Twice he was separated from us and had an LA5 chasing him. He reversed them and killed them both. Then I hear a laugh and "I still got it"! Was great to hear him having fun. Although he did say you got him into this when he was 12. Bunch of us are like WTF.  :old: :old: :old:

:salute  Vilkas

Thats great Ron!  Yeah no one ever knew how young he was when I got him strapped in.  He told me he's been doing FSO with the gang when able.  Thats great!  Miss all you guys.

His younger brother just became a father too!  I really am old.  Yeah Walter would be top of my list if I was still in game as well.

<S>
- Der Wander Zirkus -
- La Fabrica de Exitos -

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 06, 2022, 12:38:43 PM »
 :cheers:

JG11 

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2022, 10:43:09 PM »
Every Friday night around 11pm Est in the back of my Mind I Hear Walter singing to us like Clock work every week no matter what I am doing . Crap Karen and I tried numerous ways to try and send him cakes to Canada but the dumb shipping rules screwed that all up she made!  Walter also talked to my Wife Karen a few times. I went hey hun Vilkas wants to talk to ya and she would put my headset on and talk to him. Great Guy all Around............

All time Hero of Mine I have to find it again but he sent me a Picture of Himself when he was a Boyscout long before the War

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2022, 01:08:47 PM »
Mols I remember that B-29 run well.   :devil  :cheers:

JG11 

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: September 09, 2022, 10:50:26 PM »
Mols I remember that B-29 run well.   :devil  :cheers:

Same here Ron it was just like yesterday  Vilkas was like a kid in a candy shop,,,, but instead of Candy he had All the ammo he could dream of!!!!!

Btw how ya been Ron? And if ya run into Zud still tell him I was asking about him and the rest of Today’s JG-11
« Last Edit: September 09, 2022, 10:52:05 PM by Molsman »

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: September 09, 2022, 10:57:49 PM »
 :devil

Haven't seen Zud in a couple months. Good here.  :cheers:

JG11 

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: September 22, 2022, 10:58:32 PM »
BentNail... class act.. Always fun to fly with.
Toddbobe

Offline Rich46yo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: September 23, 2022, 04:22:15 AM »
This is a sad thread Ive had to catch up on. Widewing, Tex, Sky, Mudr, Dave, Vega "I flew some missions with 91'st", ET, of course Wasp I knew about, Pip, Alaskn, DR7, Vilkas, Whels, wolf, To many names I remember either flying with or against. I almost joined them myself a few years ago but by Gods grace will be staying on the ground for awhile. I hope.

Its good to still see some old names still around. :salute
"flying the aircraft of the Red Star"

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2022, 12:27:59 PM »
Thats great Ron!  Yeah no one ever knew how young he was when I got him strapped in.  He told me he's been doing FSO with the gang when able.  Thats great!  Miss all you guys.

His younger brother just became a father too!  I really am old.  Yeah Walter would be top of my list if I was still in game as well.

<S>

I knew how young he was,we share a common birthday and that’s why I always remembered his. Mine was just 30 some odd years before his.

So do they call you grumpy gramps these days?  Congrats.

Offline ebfd11

• Platinum Member
      • [b]POTW[/b]
« Reply #74 on: September 23, 2022, 04:41:48 PM »
The one that I remember is Ed "Bentnail" Pfaff ... a great man and a great friend. miss him to this day
PIGS ON THE WING 3RD WING

InGame id: LawnDart
RIP Skullman Potzie and BentNail