Author Topic: Crowd Funding a Wish  (Read 2239 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Crowd Funding a Wish
« on: August 16, 2022, 04:24:47 PM »
HiTech,

We know you are busy but please consider this.  While we pay a monthly fee for the game, what would it take for you to add a new plane? Perhaps the Beaufighter or Ki-100.

If we started a GoFundMe.com, how much would a new plane require given your constraints?

Thanks for considering,

-X15-

-- Flying as X15 --

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: Crowd Funding a Wish
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2022, 04:46:28 PM »
Excellent Idea Slade, I would contribute.  :aok
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2022, 05:38:00 PM »
HiTech,

We know you are busy but please consider this.  While we pay a monthly fee for the game, what would it take for you to add a new plane? Perhaps the Beaufighter or Ki-100.

If we started a GoFundMe.com, how much would a new plane require given your constraints?

Thanks for considering,

-X15-

I say A-26 Invader, but yeah, sounds like a great idea! I'd contribute!  :cheers:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2022, 09:16:52 PM »
I don't think you guys understand just how much would be need to be raised to make this work.

Last year I asked HiTech how much it would cost to add a Bf 110F. It would require only taking elements from the existing 110C and 110G 3D models and altering the files to factor in the new weights, and engine power figures. I even offered to make the default skin.

He gave me a rough dollar estimate for this fairly simple task and it was shockingly high.

Put it this way, if every player that participated in the last frame of FSO donated $100 each, (just to illustrate a small, yet definable subset of the player base) it would not cover half of the estimated cost for one modification of an existing plane.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2022, 09:22:16 PM »
Lol the 110F piggy bank
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing machine!

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2022, 09:48:28 PM »
I don't think you guys understand just how much would be need to be raised to make this work.

Last year I asked HiTech how much it would cost to add a Bf 110F. It would require only taking elements from the existing 110C and 110G 3D models and altering the files to factor in the new weights, and engine power figures. I even offered to make the default skin.

He gave me a rough dollar estimate for this fairly simple task and it was shockingly high.

Put it this way, if every player that participated in the last frame of FSO donated $100 each, (just to illustrate a small, yet definable subset of the player base) it would not cover half of the estimated cost for one modification of an existing plane.

So we're talking maybe $40K to create a new plane?
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2022, 10:11:51 PM »
So we're talking maybe $40K to create a new plane?

For an all new 3D model, who knows? Considering that the 110F is just splicing together parts of existing models, I'd expect something like a Ki-100 or updated Tempest to cost well over $50K.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2022, 08:06:40 AM »
For an all new 3D model, who knows? Considering that the 110F is just splicing together parts of existing models, I'd expect something like a Ki-100 or updated Tempest to cost well over $50K.

That is of course speculation until we see HiTech's response. 

Keep in mind we are asking him to invest in his game in a manner that will attract and sustain new users.  Also,  making changes with a well-created and tested codeset, i.e. not having to reinvent the wheel.

HiTech, what say you sir?

-X15-
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline turt21

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2022, 11:09:24 AM »
I say A-26 Invader, but yeah, sounds like a great idea! I'd contribute!  :cheers:

:rock

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2022, 11:57:43 AM »
This game has enough planes..

Have enough skins. We need MAPS.

Advertisement and small maps. A longer free period.

You really think a new plane is going to have people breaking down the door to play ???

Oooooooh Ooooooooh !!!!!

This game has a new A26 !!!!!! Lets sign up !!!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 11:59:35 AM by nopoop »
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2022, 12:04:22 PM »
What nopoop said...

Maybe a go fund me page to edit the map list 1st?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2022, 02:17:11 PM »
Maybe a go fund me page to edit the map list 1st?

Why not have a GoFundMe for both? ;-)
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2022, 02:53:28 PM »
Your neighbor walks up to your door and rings the bell. Hi Fred he said. Hi Luigi I replied. Fred continues: Well Luigi, you know my wife Dorothy right? Fred nods his noggin in the affirmative and Luigi continues.....
Well Dorothy and the members of her book club don't like the color of your house and set up a Go Fund me page to get money so you can repaint your house. Here's the paint we bought for you so you can start tomorrow.

Go back to working on the van fuze!!
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2022, 06:37:38 PM »
Unless something drastic changes, unfortunately the days of getting a new aircraft will probably never happen again
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2022, 08:01:30 PM »
I guess there’s time to master the ones we have.  :aok   :airplane:   :joystick:
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54