Author Topic: So who counts the pills when you get a prescription filled?  (Read 1673 times)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
So who counts the pills when you get a prescription filled?
« on: October 04, 2022, 06:52:17 PM »
I do. On a whim a while back I started  to and noticed a shortage so I started doing it regularly.
Last prescription I got filled was 1 short. No big deal and I skipped a day. I got one filled today and only got 20 of 30 pills. They corrected it and I mentioned the shortage last time as it was twice in a row.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: So who counts the pills when you get a prescription filled?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2022, 07:38:51 PM »
I do. On a whim a while back I started  to and noticed a shortage so I started doing it regularly.
Last prescription I got filled was 1 short. No big deal and I skipped a day. I got one filled today and only got 20 of 30 pills. They corrected it and I mentioned the shortage last time as it was twice in a row.

Wait, they said on the box you were getting 30 but you actually only received 20 and they didn't tell you? If so, that is really shady.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2022, 07:48:34 PM »
Hey Fuzeman does this pharmacy that you are using have video cameras all over the ceiling watching the pharmacist and assistants?

They do down here where I am...just saying
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 07:57:08 PM »
Did you make them also verify that the pills were indeed the correct medication and dosage?

If they fudged up the count, they probably missed the more important bits too.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2022, 08:27:49 PM »
It was counted by a human and placed into one of those orange vials. They even missed the ‘use the old fart easy open top’ instructions.
I’ve noticed the camera on me but can’t recall noticing if they were on camera.
Pills match the description of what they should be. Then again maybe the description is matched to the pill and not what I’m supposed to get.

Maybe they switched the red and blue pills and my Matrix is FUBAR.
Whilst in there I dd but some O’Keefe’s Working Hands :aok :aok
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2022, 08:58:34 PM »
It’s happened to me more than a couple times at Safeway (Albertson’s).

They have security cameras…but I didn’t push it to that, just wanted the correct qty. 

If you’re often running short, it’s likely happened to you, even though they say they always “double count”.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 09:10:49 PM »
I get a 90 day supply and by the time the 90 days are up I have no idea of I was shorted or not, I already forgot how many days I took them
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2022, 09:12:37 PM »
Never had a problem. Would get 3 then 2 prescriptions filled at the  same time so they would all run out at the same time. If it was short, it was noted on the vile and made up later.

Offline phatzo

• Gold Member
      • No Crying
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2022, 12:31:05 AM »
I have to take so many pills since I had a stroke that I get them Webster packed and they're never wrong.
No thank you Turkish, I'm sweet enough.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2022, 07:30:31 AM »
I went into a CVS once and the pharmacist was throwing prescriptions on the floor. Only time I ever went into one of those and last.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2022, 07:54:03 AM »
I went into a CVS once and the pharmacist was throwing prescriptions on the floor. Only time I ever went into one of those and last.

You mean the pills?

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2022, 09:54:26 AM »
You mean the pills?

I think he meant the scripts themselves but I’m not sure…my pharmacist is great,he waves the dispense fee,will call in for a refill and even hands me a few to get by if there’s a delay.

But he has a good reason for doing this,he gets a large sum from my drug plan every month and I never call in for an early refill.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aN5wDK-Z38o

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2022, 12:41:53 PM »
The person that counts them is generally the pharmacy tech.  It's not a hard job to get certified for and I strongly suspect that one in my old store was intentionally 'shorting' certain medications and selling them on the side.  Never got any concrete proof but one of my co workers used adderal as a recreational and always had some on hand with no script and he was mighty tight with that tech. 
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLOOB

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2022, 03:32:51 AM »
If the pharmacy argues with your claim, and they always do, ask them to check the video record. Everything they do is recorded. Happened to me once, picked up an rx for a family member and they shorted us an entire bottle of narcotic. They absolutely swore that they gave us the missing bottle, until we asked about the video. Less than 5 minutes later we got an apologetic phone call letting us know they found our missing narcs.
“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans” - John Steinbeck

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2022, 11:28:03 AM »
I'm fighting an infection right now and the doc prescribed 1 pill/day for 6 weeks. I just found they only gave me 30 pills.
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.