Author Topic: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.  (Read 5075 times)

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2022, 06:44:35 PM »
If someone in one of these buildings is forcing someone else to fly a plane to deal with them, then it's a net gain.

:airplane:
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2022, 06:51:47 PM »
What do these buildings look like so I can egg them?

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2022, 08:29:58 PM »
They are square and stick up out of the ground.
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2022, 10:45:05 PM »
What do these buildings look like so I can egg them?

3 story bldgs in the villages on certain maps, the newer maps I believe.

The problem is it’s hard to know which building from the air, even when you know exactly which one on the ground, you won’t see their icon.

Lancasters carpet bombing is easiest way to get them.
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2022, 05:49:07 AM »
If someone in one of these buildings is forcing someone else to fly a plane to deal with them, then it's a net gain.

:airplane:
YES SIR!  NAILED IT!   "Get in a Tank, you p%^^$!"   Uh, this is an Air Combat Game?????   "Not FAIR"!   Uh, YEAH...that pretty much defines War Winners? God/HT gave us Bombs and Bomb Targets...so...?  "Get thee behind me, Devil"...FRICK!!!  Devil505...BE GONE with thee, I gave you your due dang it :rofl    "You fly a Noob Plane, SpitXVI should be perked, CASTRATI....yadda yadda... I am LOW and Slow...still, what .....11 to 1 K/D? GV's are just Fodder to me! The "Snickers" for when I am hungry.  :devil 
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 06:42:38 PM »
I have heard sometimes said buildings are inspected and smoked from Storches, then bombed, but I have no direct knowledge of that, so
you can pretty much ignore my post.

:rofl
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2022, 10:25:51 PM »
YES SIR!  NAILED IT!   "Get in a Tank, you p%^^$!"   Uh, this is an Air Combat Game?????   "Not FAIR"!   Uh, YEAH...that pretty much defines War Winners? God/HT gave us Bombs and Bomb Targets...so...?  "Get thee behind me, Devil"...FRICK!!!  Devil505...BE GONE with thee, I gave you your due dang it :rofl    "You fly a Noob Plane, SpitXVI should be perked, CASTRATI....yadda yadda... I am LOW and Slow...still, what .....11 to 1 K/D? GV's are just Fodder to me! The "Snickers" for when I am hungry.  :devil

1stpar:

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2022, 07:53:22 AM »
As the best bomb**** in the game, I've actually never seen anyone use this method... but if its actually a problem I support its fix!
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2022, 08:16:44 AM »
One fix would be to remove all gv's and make everyone up a fighter

:cheers:

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2022, 08:54:20 AM »
Post screenshots so we as a community know how to find them now. Nothing is going to get fixed so rather expose the glitch and it will be easy Pickens  :salute

I'm also interested in seeing a screen shot showing this building type from the air, and its location in the village.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2022, 09:14:40 AM »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2022, 10:42:25 AM »
Thank you Popeye. 

And are those buildings are destroyable with bombs and rockets?   In other words, after being hit will they be rubble with broken walls, etc?  Or do they not show damage?

Offline AlbertSk

• Zinc Member
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2022, 01:33:46 PM »
Non-destroyable. Impenetrable with guns, only a bomb drop will kill occupant. Once inside the walls aren't rendered so you can see out unobstructed but are invisible to opponent.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2022, 01:43:58 PM by AlbertSk »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2022, 02:39:13 PM »
Non-destroyable. Impenetrable with guns, only a bomb drop will kill occupant. Once inside the walls aren't rendered so you can see out unobstructed but are invisible to opponent.

Sounds like a feature not a defect  :)

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2022, 09:27:04 PM »
Does not matter to me. You can avoid the building. Word gets out pretty quick

When someone says a tank is climbing the canyon wall it is fun shooting them down before they get up there.  :banana:

Also there is a bridge missing that crosses the river. I do not remember which field it is. We usually grab LVT’s to bring in the troops.

Some maps have challenges. Part of the game. Really not a big deal.

There used to be a shore battery that tanks could get into. I do not know if it is still there.

I can drive my M-8 inside enemy tanks, then run when their turret is facing the wrong way. German tanks have really slow turning turrets. 😂.

If you kill the spawn hangar at a v base with 4 hangars, you can camp the hangar from the back to allow troops to get into the map room. I have seen a lot of gv’ers get mad about that. They know they lose the base.

Some air fields have the map room close to the runway. Gv’s and bailed pilots can hide inside the map room.

Panzer H’s, Panzer F’s, Hetzers, Jagpanthers, and Panthers often become prey of the M-8. I often get called a cheater. I did not cheat. I figured out a technique to disable them from behind. Aside from the hetzers, the German tanks have slow turrets. If they are not paying attention I get behind them and pop their turret.  Once the turret is disabled I can take my time. Two shots to the engine from behind and the Jagpanther is mine L O L. I killed one recently. I do not think the driver was paying attention. He called me a cheater. I put four rounds into the Jagpanther in total for the kill.

Some maps have some really large bushes. You can fit a M-8 inside the bush. You can kill storches :with the píntle gun if you shoot the pilot or maingun them if they come in really low. Many come in really low.

If an ammo bunker is burning you can park a M-8 on top. Lots of big boy tanks drive right by and never notice. I do not know of a way to kill the tiger 2 with a m-8. If anyone knows please explain.

The game may have some bugs to some folks, but to me they are features we can have fun with.

:salute

Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)