Author Topic: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.  (Read 5247 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.
« Reply #60 on: December 28, 2022, 09:54:10 AM »
Well, not so long time ago T34 shot my B24s down from 4K in few seconds. All three faster than it takes to reload the main gun of T34/85. Was not Brando.

I have killed all 3 lancs with one shot before,  hit the center lanc and the other 2 blew up as well. They were low and slow over a town, iirc it was JVLees or Virgle.  :D

Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #61 on: December 28, 2022, 10:06:06 AM »
I have killed all 3 lancs with one shot before,  hit the center lanc and the other 2 blew up as well. They were low and slow over a town, iirc it was JVLees or Virgle.  :D

CHEEEEEEATER!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #62 on: December 28, 2022, 10:08:49 AM »

You killed the pilot.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #63 on: January 04, 2023, 09:55:38 AM »
It is getting worse, more and more people cheating, hiding in buildings. Bad thing is the only way to kill them is bomb them, if you can locate the building.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Mano

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: January 04, 2023, 01:59:29 PM »
You can drive in the same place they went in. Just wait for the reload before you go in. When they shoot at your buddy then go in. Everyone knows about the building.

We used to have a shore batt you could drive into and shoot out of with impunity. A fix might be expensive. Lots of maps have bugs. A week ago I got stuck on a tree that appeared to be floating. The trunk did not touch the ground. I could not get unstuck and had to tower.

BowlMa has canyon walls the tanks can climb. Tanks get up there and camp the VH. No tank could climb a wall that steep.

We all adapt to all maps.

Some of the old maps have spawns that have v spawns that make you drive for a very long time. There is frustration when you finally reach your destination and get bombed even  though you took down the ammo bunkers at that base.

Some maps have a terrain with a gravel that really slows down a gv to a crawl. Most of us try to drive on green terrain to avoid that issue.

If players want to sit in those buildings bomb them or simply do not go near them.

We have a couple players that know how to shoot thru several sets of trees. Many of us have figured out how to kill them and when we do we get called a cheater.  :D  I have never used a third part app and have no intention of ever installing one. I simply wait at a large clearing and kill them when they cross the clearing.  Not rocket science. Another way is to find a low spot in the terrain. You can often see their tracks or when they fire you see a sprite and you can fire at that. That only works if that player is behind one set of trees.CraterMA has the most trees so you hear most of the complaining on 200 when that terrain is up.

As far as hiding in buildings, I prefer to drive around in the fast M-8. Sitting all day in a building is boring. Everyone has their niche in the game.

You are a great guy Kenai77. I always enjoy tanking against you. <S>.
Everything is funny as long as it is happening to somebody else.
- Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #65 on: January 04, 2023, 02:56:43 PM »
Well said Mano, for the most part when I run into someone in a building, first I want to know who the cheater is. Second what he is in. Then I either bomb "it" or go some place else, not going to feed "it" more kills than necessary. Bad part is some of the  newer tankers are starting to use it a a standard ploy. On top of all that, it is detrimental to the game.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Online CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: January 04, 2023, 05:13:17 PM »

This  post has been up and running from October to January still no fix... this is one of the things what is killing the player numbers in the game.

if I'm a new player, looking I put my $15 down on AcesHigh or something like WW2OL that does get content and they fix their bugs as they get pointed out.... where do I go?

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: January 04, 2023, 09:16:31 PM »

This  post has been up and running from October to January still no fix... this is one of the things what is killing the player numbers in the game.

if I'm a new player, looking I put my $15 down on AcesHigh or something like WW2OL that does get content and they fix their bugs as they get pointed out.... where do I go?

CAV

Cav, the fix is not going to be that easy. From what I can determine the problem is one building that is part of 2 different Terrain tiles. Fixing the buildings in the 2 tiles for future use is the first step. But to correct the existing maps would require a significant amount of rework. Perhaps Hitech can develop a routine that "kills" vehicles inside buildings, or sets up some method of using the "kill shooter" routine for anyone that fires a gun from inside a building.

I did send some film in to Hitech showing how the buildings are accessed and views of what they see from inside the building. As a Map maker I try to avoid using those 2 tile sets near any base.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #68 on: January 05, 2023, 02:49:18 PM »
Today there where another few examples of the hiding in buildings exploit.

Just delete the buildings all together if it is to much work..
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: January 07, 2023, 08:46:23 AM »
15 rounds of HE placed on the building will kill the tank inside.  Not sure why, but that works.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: January 07, 2023, 09:28:04 AM »
15 rounds of HE placed on the building will kill the tank inside.  Not sure why, but that works.

Issue solved!

Next!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #71 on: January 07, 2023, 10:24:10 AM »
Issue is NOT solved  :bhead
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: January 07, 2023, 06:45:46 PM »
LOL Vulcan, you're evil.

I still can't figure out how to get in to them.  Every 3-story building I see now, I head straight for and try to drive inside, but my vehicle always stops when it hits the wall of the building...

Its the speed and the angle of the dangle that is key.  Like going up a TT mountain side.

Offline Softail

• Copper Member
« Reply #73 on: January 07, 2023, 06:58:44 PM »
Cav, the fix is not going to be that easy. From what I can determine the problem is one building that is part of 2 different Terrain tiles. Fixing the buildings in the 2 tiles for future use is the first step. But to correct the existing maps would require a significant amount of rework. Perhaps Hitech can develop a routine that "kills" vehicles inside buildings, or sets up some method of using the "kill shooter" routine for anyone that fires a gun from inside a building.

I did send some film in to Hitech showing how the buildings are accessed and views of what they see from inside the building. As a Map maker I try to avoid using those 2 tile sets near any base.

Or just replace the building on all maps with another.   Change a config file....not code.  Simple.   

Offline Ruckus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: January 07, 2023, 07:05:04 PM »

Or just replace the building on all maps with another.

Bring the barns back!