Author Topic: Mercenaries. Control TGs? I say nay.  (Read 2505 times)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
Re: Mercenaries. Control TGs? I say nay.
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2022, 09:51:48 AM »
I don't see the point of taking command if you know you could get side switched, that just seems like an unintelligent thing to do or you're just trying to be an a hole.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2022, 03:58:03 PM »
I don't see the point of taking command if you know you could get side switched, that just seems like an unintelligent thing to do or you're just trying to be an a hole.

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! We Have A WINNER!!!!

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2022, 05:15:52 PM »
Or, maybe disable the ability to control a task group for those on auto switch. That would also mitigate the antics of certain “Grand Admirals”.

Isn't that what I just said?   Oh the Humanity!  :banana: :old: :neener:

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2022, 06:57:23 PM »

DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! We Have A WINNER!!!!

Basically the reason we have a side switch timer

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2022, 01:20:22 PM »
[/quote

Using that logic don't up you might get shot down! Whichever country I am on playing to win or stop an attack
AkCaine

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2022, 09:47:29 AM »
Currently
7 AM PST
11 Bish
5 Knights
4 Rooks two are sites switchers
CV96 is in the reserve mode to protect a field
CV90 is being used as a radar picket
Denying side switchers use of boats doesn't seem like a good plan right now! :banana: :banana: :banana: :old: :banana:
AkCaine

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #21 on: November 21, 2022, 10:07:56 AM »
Just noticed this thread. Did not know it was an issue. The better fix would be that anyone selecting auto change not be able to control a CV. Generally they are not on a team long enough to know where a boat is needed anyway.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 21, 2022, 10:08:42 AM »

Using that logic don't up you might get shot down! Whichever country I am on playing to win or stop an attack

That analogy to what I said makes zero sense, it's like comparing apples to dildos. Which makes total sense why you think you need to command a ship knowing a auto switch will cause an issue when a simply setting a path for the cv will suffice. That's the discussion, if a auto switcher is willing to take advantage of the cv command issue, the bug needs to be fixed or auto switchers need to be denied taking command. I auto switch from time to time and support it being denied. Setting a path does not require taking command.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 10:11:44 AM by whiteman »

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: November 21, 2022, 10:36:50 AM »
Just noticed this thread. Did not know it was an issue. The better fix would be that anyone selecting auto change not be able to control a CV. Generally they are not on a team long enough to know where a boat is needed anyway.
[/quote

Been Rook over 2 hours this morning. How about  you must  have 1 million  damage points to control cv? There is more than one admiral with ZERO damage points who move the boats to see the pretty red course line in control of boats!
AkCaine

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2022, 07:18:42 PM »

That analogy to what I said makes zero sense, it's like comparing apples to dildos. Which makes total sense why you think you need to command a ship knowing a auto switch will cause an issue when a simply setting a path for the cv will suffice. That's the discussion, if a auto switcher is willing to take advantage of the cv command issue, the bug needs to be fixed or auto switchers need to be denied taking command. I auto switch from time to time and support it being denied. Setting a path does not require taking command.

I think it's an oversight rather than a bug, but it really ought to be addressed. Some people abuse the privilege of rank as side switchers, either negligently or on purpose. It should be an easy fix, and imo it ought to be done.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2022, 07:30:18 PM by molybdenum »

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2022, 08:05:25 PM »

I will concede  point since you are expert on apples and dildos
AkCaine

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2022, 08:12:07 PM »
And cane--the only person objecting to the idea, for whatever self-centered reasons he might have--tries to turn the thread into a pissing match. Let's stay on topic. Should side switchers have the ability to command CVs. Yea or nay?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 21, 2022, 09:37:47 PM »
And cane--the only person objecting to the idea, for whatever self-centered reasons he might have--tries to turn the thread into a pissing match. Let's stay on topic. Should side switchers have the ability to command CVs. Yea or nay?

Take cv control away from auto switch, and code it with warnings similar to the ones you get when you turn it on currently, mentioning the loss of cv control.

Or, be the last on the waiver wire to control the boat if you are trying to balance teams, score potato, etc...  win win

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2022, 02:33:53 AM »
be the last on the waiver wire to control the boat if you are trying to balance teams, score potato, etc...  win win

This sounds reasonable
Ingame: StepSis

Needs help with homework!

Offline Alpo

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2022, 07:46:50 AM »
Should side switchers have the ability to command CVs. Yea or nay?

Yes, but immediately lose command on the switch.  :aok
SkyKnights Fighter Group -CO-
R.I.P.  SKDenny 02/03/1940 - 02/19/2012