Author Topic: Crowd Funding a Wish  (Read 2232 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Crowd Funding a Wish
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2022, 06:47:51 PM »
I say A-26 Invader, but yeah, sounds like a great idea! I'd contribute!  :cheers:

I've wanted the A26 forever.  After seeing yours I want one even more
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2022, 11:08:47 PM »

Warren Hassler oversaw my independent studies program when I was a history major in college.  https://www.psu.edu/news/liberal-arts/story/warren-w-hassler-professor-emeritus-american-history-dies/.  One of his notable needs was an injection of a pint of good humor...maybe two.  So far as I can tell, he never got them.  But the one thing that lit him up was when he described flying the A-26 during WWII.  "It was a hot ship."  I can still hear him saying that.

Kenny didn't want it in the Pacific because the engines were placed so far forward that they blocked the pilot's view to the sides.  So it had a short history there.  I'm not sure it would have a longer history in AH.

- oldman

Offline Tig

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2022, 12:05:18 PM »

:rock

Warren Hassler oversaw my independent studies program when I was a history major in college.  https://www.psu.edu/news/liberal-arts/story/warren-w-hassler-professor-emeritus-american-history-dies/.  One of his notable needs was an injection of a pint of good humor...maybe two.  So far as I can tell, he never got them.  But the one thing that lit him up was when he described flying the A-26 during WWII.  "It was a hot ship."  I can still hear him saying that.

Kenny didn't want it in the Pacific because the engines were placed so far forward that they blocked the pilot's view to the sides.  So it had a short history there.  I'm not sure it would have a longer history in AH.

- oldman

Which is funny, because I can tell you from real world experience that it has significantly better visibility than the A-20 Havoc.  :huh
I'd love to see what happens with it in Aces High, the Invader I work on frequently has a hard time doing formation photo passes because the P-51 Mustangs literally can't keep up with us!!  :x
There's something priceless about a Mustang pilot getting on the radio and asking you to please slow down.  :cheers:
Turn n' Burn!

Offline RotBaron

• Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2022, 09:08:45 PM »
For an all new 3D model, who knows? Considering that the 110F is just splicing together parts of existing models, I'd expect something like a Ki-100 or updated Tempest to cost well over $50K.

That’s  $7 million or more in just the planes we have. That doesn’t sound right…not to mention GVs.

With no employees, not nearly as much overhead as before. A new plane would be man hours, right?
They're casting their bait over there, see?

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2022, 10:52:11 PM »
That’s  $7 million or more in just the planes we have. That doesn’t sound right…not to mention GVs.

With no employees, not nearly as much overhead as before. A new plane would be man hours, right?

I really have no idea. All I know is the price figure HiTech gave me for a much simpler job than making a whole new plane. That amount seems too big for just hiring out Waffle freelance to do the job. No way it's a 200-300 hour job. But it's also not big enough money to cover a year's salary.

Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2022, 02:45:18 PM »
This game has enough planes..

Have enough skins. We need MAPS.

Advertisement and small maps. A longer free period.

You really think a new plane is going to have people breaking down the door to play ???

Oooooooh Ooooooooh !!!!!

This game has a new A26 !!!!!! Lets sign up !!!

This

and y'all wouldn't believe just the internet bill for Aces High to run.....

TC

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2022, 09:41:31 PM »
I really have no idea. All I know is the price figure HiTech gave me for a much simpler job than making a whole new plane. That amount seems too big for just hiring out Waffle freelance to do the job. No way it's a 200-300 hour job. But it's also not big enough money to cover a year's salary.

A practiced 3D artist could build the baseline model quickly but rigging the controls and linking the cockpit (to scale) would probably take longer. Add to that the fact Hitech mentioned that there is an "HTC method" to how they want things done (no clarification on what that is) and there will be rework. The weekly salary at entry level is $2,400.00 (add 25% for inflation) and that's entry level. That's JUST the 3D model. Rigging, texturing, and animating, are extra.

So maybe now you can appreciate what Waffle did for us all.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2022, 07:31:15 PM »
Just jumping in this to say I would contribute but probably not to a plane. New game features or fixes and yes maps gets my cheddar.  :rock
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: January 01, 2023, 08:38:36 AM »
Dont expect to see any new aircraft or gvs to the game since everyone in house that were involved in it either quit or "retired" from htc. Since ht is a 1 man show now, I personally see this game on some form of autopilot until it goes kaupt or the input revenue no longer is enough to keep it running
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women