Author Topic: World Cup 2022  (Read 4192 times)

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
Re: World Cup 2022
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2022, 07:20:17 AM »
Congrats to Japan on qualifying top and knocking Germany out, wonder what odds you'd have got on that pre-tournament? A bit annoying that it puts Spain in England's half of the draw but we'll have to get past Senegal and (probably) France for that to be an issue.

English bookies had it at 6,000-1.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2022, 08:10:59 AM »
Less than a hour and we are on! Good luck.  :cheers:

DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #47 on: December 03, 2022, 08:49:20 AM »
 the Dutch should take care of those socceroo upstarts.  Gakpo is on fire.   

Harry Maguire has been England's best defender  :banana:

I'm intrigued with Argentina Vs Aussies tonight.   Messi has been well off the pace and those Aussies look super athletic.

Has been a great world cup so far though.   The rest of the world really bringing the quality gap closer.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: December 03, 2022, 09:48:23 AM »
Well this will be some second half from the USA if they are to turn this one around.   Netherlands with some sucker punches.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: December 03, 2022, 11:29:56 AM »
Oeph yes Koopmeiners made a nasty one. I disliked that one badly. I was also really rooting for the US tbh. I was hoping for a back and forth match. When the US scored I though we where back on the road for a great match.
DutchVII / ULDutch
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2022, 12:27:05 PM »
Drank away my pain yesterday  :cry. Honestly, none of those 4 goals should've gone in. Such poor defending from the US. We dominated possession, pressed well, and missed way too many simple chances. Have to put those gifts away. Would've preferred Carter-Vickers to Zimmerman.

Moving forward, Americans should be proud and excited. This is a very young foundation which we will build on. We have the Gold Cup, Copa America, and Confederations Cup leading up to 2026 as the host nation. Plenty of time to put domething special together. It's only forward from here.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2022, 03:10:56 PM »
Need a top striker and tighten up that back four and it's a solid team.  Players participating in the premier League and champions league experience is helping improve their overall quality.

Very proud of England's performance tonight now onto the France game which should be epic. 

The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: December 07, 2022, 05:56:31 AM »
oef another upset! Spain out!

And Portugal did great and leaving Ronaldo benched for most of the match.
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: December 08, 2022, 07:13:50 AM »
oef another upset! Spain out!

I'm not upset, bye Spain hahahahhaaaa  :D
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #54 on: December 08, 2022, 05:07:44 PM »
RSA goes on after defeating Argentina.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: December 09, 2022, 07:18:01 AM »
I'm not upset, bye Spain hahahahhaaaa  :D

LOL! yeah, i dont mind that at all haha. But i would hate to see a Morocco vs The Netherlands match. Hooligans would destroy our city's like is happening already but on a much larger scale.

I am HYPED for tonight though! Argentina VS The Netherlands and we have a Croatia VS Brazil match as a warmup!  :x
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: December 09, 2022, 04:51:56 PM »
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: December 09, 2022, 04:53:18 PM »
Tough exit for the Dutch, you had my support all the way.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2022, 04:05:42 AM »
Tough exit for the Dutch, you had my support all the way.

Yeah what a slaughter. Messi slamming the ball out of the air with his hands, his team m8 2, a ball shot into the dug out, a questionable penalty mid match, when the Dutch got tackled inside the box nothing happend, two Argentina's headbutting each other, tackling from behind and they got the ball from the ref and lousy sportsmanship (shooting the ball away at the last second when grabbing the ball when there was a trow in ect). Messi and his friend should have gotten yellow for tapping the ball out of the air. And than there was after the match Messi swearing at Weghorst during a interview and sneering at van Gaal. I dont say we played nice but dam it makes you think i would rather lost from the USA than Argentina, you guys played really well and had great sportsmanship. Our players kept on laughing out of disbelieve of what was happening here.

But I did cheer hard when we made 2-2 at the very last second, they really thought they had. Seeing all those depressed faces on the tribunes after seeing them already partying made me smile so hard hehe. I did enjoy the tournament more than i thought i would.

Messi being extremely toxic here:

"For those watching from home, it was easy to miss that, after scoring his second-half penalty, Messi celebrated with his team-mates before walking on his own to the dugouts’ side of the pitch."

"Messi calmly walked in the direction of the Netherlands coaching staff."

"Television cameras caught Messi making a beeline for Davids, while pointing towards the tunnel and moving his thumb and fingers together in a ‘talking’ motion. "

Messi then proceeded to… say exactly what he thought about the referee anyway:

“We were scared before the game because we knew what this was. I think FIFA must think about it, they cannot put a referee like that for these important games, for such a pivotal game — a referee who isn’t up to the task.”

Martinez went even further when he was interviewed by beIN Sports a few moments later. “The referee was giving everything to them. He gave 10 minutes (of second-half stoppage time) for no reason,” he said.

“He gave a free kick outside the box to them two or three times. He just wanted them to score, that’s basically it. So hopefully we don’t have that referee anymore, because he’s useless.”

https://theathletic.com/3987289/2022/12/10/argentina-netherlands-world-cup/

Reading all this makes me think that they are such sore losers.
DutchVII / ULDutch

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2022, 07:45:56 AM »
Grandson had his number 10 jersey on at Thanksgiving so we have been cheering for Venezuela since...

Have zero idea how the game is played .. like cricket and rugby but it is interesting to see the different national distractions

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals