Author Topic: Zoom Question  (Read 2301 times)

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
Re: Zoom Question
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2022, 01:39:37 AM »
I can when he shows up. He's a very busy young un

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2022, 10:29:46 AM »
One of the things that is bothering me is you say "or getting ready to fire" I'm not sure why the zoom state would change when you are getting ready to fire. Are you activating a switch before you fire?

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2022, 11:51:10 AM »
When I am adjusting my aim on the boggy with a twist of the rudder(StickTwist) and sometimes when i am firing and it completely ruins things. I set my Analog CH pedals to rudder and removed the TwistStick rudder and it still jumps from zoom.

I googled the issue again late last night and found that CH claims that CH Usb devices were designed for USB 2. And claimed they do not do well with 3.0 or higher

I will try Usb 2.0 soon and let you know how it goes
Thanx

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2022, 03:57:23 PM »
Usb 2.0 ports didn't help
I give up on Ch devices

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2022, 09:43:05 PM »
Usb 2.0 ports didn't help
I give up on Ch devices

Test the CH stuff on another computer. until just recently I was running with a CH throttle and pedals in WIN10, and only got rid on my CH stick a year ago (use a warthog now) also running on WIN10 with out issue (until the shaft of the hat got too worn to work).

So I know they WILL work on WIN10. Yours may have just died, but you wont know until you try them on another computer.

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2022, 10:14:04 PM »
Test the CH stuff on another computer. until just recently I was running with a CH throttle and pedals in WIN10, and only got rid on my CH stick a year ago (use a warthog now) also running on WIN10 with out issue (until the shaft of the hat got too worn to work).

So I know they WILL work on WIN10. Yours may have just died, but you wont know until you try them on another computer.
It has very little use on it.  The issue is common only since the latest Win 10 updates. It worked prior to the update

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2022, 10:24:20 PM »
It has very little use on it.  The issue is common only since the latest Win 10 updates. It worked prior to the update

You should still check it on another computer. I just plugged my Fighterstick in on an up to date win10 machine and it works with no problem. Like I said before, AH even remembers my settings. Doesn't really matter how much use you have on it if it's fried it's fried.

444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2022, 11:54:07 PM »
You should still check it on another computer. I just plugged my Fighterstick in on an up to date win10 machine and it works with no problem. Like I said before, AH even remembers my settings. Doesn't really matter how much use you have on it if it's fried it's fried.

will do

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 25, 2022, 10:44:42 AM »
Gen, did you map zoom to the twist function? If so it could be either unwanted input or spiking of the twist axis. You could add deadpan and dampening to reduce both spiking and unwanted input!  When you pull the trigger you often see rudder input with twist sticks

If you open clipboard go to map controls and select the rudder axis for the stick,pull the trigger and see if the numbers for input change,if they do add some deadpan by moving slider up and see if that stops the input,if that doesn’t work then add some dampening to try and stop the input.

I used a 4way hat for zoom,push up to use zoom and side to side to zoom in or out, it’s a novel idea to use the twist function to zoom in or out,you just need to adjust the sensitivity of the axis. You can also adjust the sliders to reduce the sensitivity,start from left to right and lower the sliders and check the axis scaling box for it to take effect,you’ll likely want to check the box first then adjust and see if you can dial out the unwanted input and or spiking.

Hope this helps.             

<S>

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: November 25, 2022, 07:46:05 PM »
 I have mapped the zoom to Twist by typically as single button on throttle.  I have moved the dead ban and damper settings.  I have tried the twist rudder for zoom and used my Ch analog pedals for rudder.

Ok my Son got CH Fighterstick to working on his PC. Darnit
 My windows is a much newer install. Time to fix my windows.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2022, 08:44:44 PM by GenMata »

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #25 on: November 25, 2022, 11:13:13 PM »
My CH Fighterstick worked fine on my sons PC.

So I reset my PC to fresh windows.
 And after ruining all my settings and having to download, reset everything and install apps my CH figherstick still will not show up in USB game controllers..  argggg

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2022, 03:38:17 AM »
Really weird. I had similar problems with my T.16000M but removing and reinstalling drivers and TM Software did the job. Have you tried that?

Software   Drivers without software

As it was mentioned earlier, CH works also without software. Same with T.16000M, but for updating sw is needed.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2022, 07:59:36 AM »
I'm still using my CH USB Throttle. It's on its last legs but it works! Also using the CH control manager. The software needs to be version 455a to work in windows 10. Must be that version. Any old CH map files will transfer into it fine.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline GenMata

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2022, 10:09:07 AM »
Thanks guys. Will try the t-flight SW. I id use the v455A CM
Not enough buttons on it for me and was looking for someone better,
The only thing i can find better is the Warthog. To costly for me.

Ch fighterstick worked on my sons computer,.
The fresh windows reset did not help me.  Other than faster and better graphics. The main differences is his windows Win 10 is premium and mine is the simple home version.  I've been using windows since win 3.0 and this Win 10 is the worst of all.
Maybe I need to get pro. Win 11 looks worse than 10

I googled the question and it said Win 10 pro is no better for gaming then Home edition.
It's better for business

I have no idea why his PC works the Ch stick and mine wont

« Last Edit: November 26, 2022, 10:23:16 AM by GenMata »

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2022, 10:41:27 AM »
Starting to look like a bad usb port. unplug your mouse or keyboard and plug your stick in there. If your keyboard and mouse work you KNOW those ports are good.