Author Topic: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.  (Read 5080 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: This Has to be Fixed, Hiding in Buildings.
« Reply #75 on: January 08, 2023, 03:35:08 PM »
If I was capable of doing something with this issue, I'd booby trap those buildings with few tons of explosives. Then AH had flying tanks.     :D
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2023, 07:53:02 AM »
If I was capable of doing something with this issue, I'd booby trap those buildings with few tons of explosives. Then AH had flying tanks.     :D

I like this  :aok
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #77 on: January 10, 2023, 04:45:30 AM »
Well said Mano, for the most part when I run into someone in a building, first I want to know who the cheater is. Second what he is in. Then I either bomb "it" or go some place else, not going to feed "it" more kills than necessary. Bad part is some of the  newer tankers are starting to use it a a standard ploy. On top of all that, it is detrimental to the game.
You forgot the other option!!!!!!   BW/Par, Sic Em!!!!!! :devil  :rofl
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: January 10, 2023, 07:10:18 AM »
Great idea :aok

*satire alert*

You know that stimulates another great idea.

If HT agreed its an exploit, he could silently recode the game so that if a player sits in this building for a certain amount of time it insta-kills them with an explosion and colored smoke.  :x :banana:

Then add a hold on leaving the tower for any given amount of time. I would recommend something long enough to get the point across while not discouraging the player from continuing to play. Think of it as a spanking followed by "this hurts me more than it hurts you." 

A more nefarious approach would be to insta-pop em much like friendly fire does when the player gets their first kill inside the building. Instead of it killing the opponent, the tank round would have no effect. SImilar to shooting at the target when using the dot target command. BTW is that friendly fire feature still a thing? I fly bombers so much I can't remember.

I know nothing about coding so I won't speculate on how hard it would be to pull off. Just sharing thoughts that run through my brilliantly damaged brain :salute

HQRUS

« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 09:50:16 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #79 on: January 10, 2023, 12:54:28 PM »
If HT agreed its an exploit, he could silently recode the game so that if a player sits in this building for a certain amount of time it insta-kills them with an explosion and colored smoke.

Or HT can do what they would in IL-2.... in WW2OL.... in Iracing... in War Thunder.... in World of Warships.... in Elite Dangerous .... in a thousand other games.

He can FIX IT.
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2023, 01:35:05 PM »
I might come back just to BT these guys but I’m not mad about the exploit.   
I see some fun action. 
I think the stug is perfect for this hunt.

Offline gozulio

• Zinc Member
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2023, 03:57:28 PM »
This makes me think of how Germans would hide their tanks in buildings in order to stay concealed. I doubt this is intentional due to the way it's been described here though. It should be fixed.

That being said if this happens to you literally bomb the offender into last year. Call for CAS over country coms, or ask for a strat bomber to come revoke their existence. Shell their house with HE, or end sortie and get in a plane yourself. A mosquito costs at most like 20 points, it moves fast, climbs fast, it's nigh uncatchable, and can easily carry the 4,000lb eviction notice into low orbit.
Has anyone seen my Superfortress? I can't find it.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2023, 04:03:28 PM »
That assumes that the pile-its can actually bomb. I sat on Hoagi for like an hour the other night asking for bombs on me and nobody could get close.

Recipe to annoy a Hoagi:
 - jeeps drive into this building relatively easily (as opposed to fat girl jagpanthers... smgavin)
 - jeeps can track T-34s with their 50 cal
 - a jeep parked inside said T-34 is almost impossible to kill
 - leaving your engine running for extra nuisance

:devil

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2023, 07:24:25 PM »
That assumes that the pile-its can actually bomb. I sat on Hoagi for like an hour the other night asking for bombs on me and nobody could get close.

Recipe to annoy a Hoagi:
 - jeeps drive into this building relatively easily (as opposed to fat girl jagpanthers... smgavin)
 - jeeps can track T-34s with their 50 cal
 - a jeep parked inside said T-34 is almost impossible to kill
 - leaving your engine running for extra nuisance

:devil
+1
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster