Author Topic: Alec Baldwin to be charged for his murderous on-set rampage  (Read 3675 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Alec Baldwin to be charged for his murderous on-set rampage
« on: January 19, 2023, 03:49:35 PM »
Hopefully his victims will see justice and this gun-wielding lunatic will go to jail were he belongs

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/da-reveal-charges-fatal-shooting-set-alec-baldwins/story?id=92278109

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
Re: Alec Baldwin to be charged for his murderous on-set rampage
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 04:39:45 PM »
“Rampage” might be a bit strong of a term.

Chuikov

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 04:59:01 PM »
Epic negligence?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 05:12:07 PM »
Please, for the love of God, don't make me defend Alec Baldwin.

I just don't understand why an actual functioning fire arm is ever on a movie set at all.  Could they just modify props and have blank cartridges specially sized so a live round couldn't be chambered even if you wanted to.  That way you don't have to try and remember whether you switched out the real bullet for blank.  It should only be able to chamber blanks.  It should be modified so.

If I was an actor, I wouldn't expect to be handed a functioning weapon in a movie.  Certainly not loaded with live ammo.

If I was doing a movie where I am defusing a nuclear bomb, I wouldn't expect it to be live ordinance.  It's Hollywood.  I'd assume they have some fake ones to use.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 05:40:28 PM »
Well, I don't know why they would have a real fire on the set but Alec Baldwin was the producer and also the person who pulled the trigger.

So he does have pretty much full responsibility for everything that goes on. And he denied any responsibility at all.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 07:43:15 PM »
but Alec Baldwin was the producer

He was certainly guilty of hiring the wrong prop master.   :D

Apparently he was playing around maybe to get the feel and pulled the trigger while it was point at the cinephotographer.  But even if he hadn't, he would have been pointing it at another actor in the scene and shooting them.  (I bet that guy was like, "whew!")  Somebody was destined to have a real bad day no matter what.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 07:49:28 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2023, 07:36:36 AM »
It was a horrible accident

The OP of this thread is disrespectful to the dead and living imo

Balwin is a major tool but accidents happen

Karma gets us all

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2023, 10:39:08 AM »

AFAIAC they too one heck of a long time to come to a patently obvious conclusion regarding charging him.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 11:13:09 AM »
It was a horrible accident

The OP of this thread is disrespectful to the dead and living imo

Balwin is a major tool but accidents happen

Karma gets us all

Eagler

how exactly am I being disrespectful of the dead?

Alec Baldwin was the producer and he's the one who pointed the gun at people and pulled the trigger.
You're not supposed to ever point a set gun at anyone - and so he's being charged with involuntary manslaughter.

You're the one being disrespectful if you think that this woman's death should just be swept away and brushed off as an accident.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 11:28:59 AM »
So he purposely shot and killed her?

You make it sound that way in your post

He will get his as we all do ..it's called karma

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 11:32:44 AM »
Criminally negligent death resulting.  Break rocks. You jump in a car and take for granted the brakes work, and you plow into a family of five... it is on you.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 11:50:38 AM »
You're not supposed to ever point a set gun at anyone

Really?  On a movie set filming shoot outs?  You've never seen a gun (hopefully a prop) pointed at someone in a movie scene?  Ever?  In your entire life?  Really?

Do I really have to go dig up the infinite number of movie clips?  Prop guns get pointed at people all the time on movie sets.  It doesn't seem unreasonable to me that an actor not familiar with real guns would assume that professional armorers would be using prop guns.  I'm sure Baldwin would not know the difference.

Alec Baldwin ain't heavy, and he sure ain't my brother, but I find your reaction disingenuous.  IF you just said I hate Baldwin and hope he is screwed, then I'd be fine with that.  But I find your faux outrage amusing.

I suspect if this had happened on a Chuck Norris set you'd have a different reaction.  You will of course deny that, but I will doubt your sincerity.

This happened before the scene began filming, but then it just would have been an actor shot instead of a cinemaphotographer.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 11:52:27 AM by CptTrips »

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 12:05:14 PM »
Wasn't the person Baldwin shot not a character in the movie at all tho?

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 12:09:18 PM »
Wasn't the person Baldwin shot not a character in the movie at all tho?

read the last sentence in the post above yours.

Is it better to shoot an actor than a cinemaphotographer?  Maybe.  ;)

[Edit] 

I think there was criminal negligence, but I think it was the armorer.  Baldwin may have acted like a tool after the shooting (and before  ;)), but I just don't put the criminal onus on him.  Now he could get financially sued because it was his production; I just don't see criminal liability.  My guess is some po-dunk DA is trying to win points with the rural voters by nailing a Hollyweird.  An election must be upcoming.  ;)

« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 12:15:43 PM by CptTrips »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2023, 12:10:55 PM »
I wonder if there were fingerprints on the live rounds.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54