Author Topic: Letter concerning ENY issues to HTC  (Read 3603 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: Letter concerning ENY issues to HTC
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2023, 05:42:39 PM »
I think for $15 a month flying b24's/b17's without restriction is fair
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2023, 06:30:29 PM »
I think for $15 a month flying b24's/b17's without restriction is fair

So do the guys who love the Pony, K4 and so on.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2023, 10:09:16 PM »
So do the guys who love the Pony, K4 and so on.
+1
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: January 27, 2023, 07:03:17 AM »
I love the 262 for hunting B17s/B24s.. For my currency per month 262s without restriction is fair
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: January 27, 2023, 07:26:23 AM »
I love the 262 for hunting B17s/B24s.. For my currency per month 262s without restriction is fair
+1

I like 163's though
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2023, 08:49:59 AM »
+1

I like 163's though

Never understood why the 262 is at every base but the 163 is not

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2023, 09:11:19 AM »

The 163 requires special equipment and trained personnel known as "Verrückte Menschen" to handle the explosive fuel.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2023, 09:14:13 AM »
True but did every airfield have jet fuel for the 262?

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2023, 09:56:12 AM »
I would be OK with that.

But what I would love to see is "Rollin Plane Sets".... but the arrival of the next plane/tank would be based on Factory down times... the side that takes care of its strategic resources gets the newer planes first. (As things are right now, you may as well call this "Aceshigh 1945")

As far as side balancing.... don't mess with the planes/tanks....  the larger your population, the larger the number of troops you need to get into the base to capture it and shorten the window of time that you have to accomplish it in. And the reverse is true for the team that is outnumbered.

CAVALRY

Hmmmm interesting suggestion.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2023, 10:55:44 AM »
True but did every airfield have jet fuel for the 262?

Eagler

I believe the 262 used the J2 fuels which were easier for them to produce and had required no special handling. I’m sure Devil or Perdweeb would have a better answer.

Chuikov

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2023, 03:10:53 PM »

As far as side balancing.... don't mess with the planes/tanks....  the larger your population, the larger the number of troops you need to get into the base to capture it and shorten the window of time that you have to accomplish it in. And the reverse is true for the team that is outnumbered.

The problem with that scheme seems to be that the player numbers constantly change.  So, you wouldn't know how many troops would be required for a capture, and it would be open to gaming the game.  "Get ready to log out, I'm about to run troops!"   :D

As an alternative, the troop transports could be lower ENY.  They are currently all ENY = 40.  It might be interesting to make the M3 ENY = 18, and the SdKfz 251 ENY = 22.  With a large number imbalance, the horde would be reduced to using LVTs for capture and resupply.  Although, there is probably someone who would complain that their "favorite ride" is the M3 and rage quit if it wasn't available.   :devil
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 03:13:12 PM by popeye »
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2023, 04:45:48 PM »

Eagler

Let's make our own spam thread Eagler! This is an issue that NEEDS to be solved!  :x
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #57 on: January 27, 2023, 05:36:39 PM »
So, you wouldn't know how many troops would be required for a capture, and it would be open to gaming the game.

I think its OK not knowing.... "Fog Of War"

As far as Gaming the Gaming...

We already have players hiding tanks in buildings that HT does not fix....

All-Seeing ground and air radar, If one bad guy on the map sees you, every bad guy on the map can see you, matter how far away they are.... no need for SA.

The game is passing around  "Side Switchers" is like a drunk cheerleader on Prom Night, that can Narc out any plan you going anytime they feel like it...

I personally have come to terms that Aces High is an arcade game and it is never going to be the combat simulation that I hoped it would be when I first started so long ago... I have IL-2 multiplayer for that.

CAV

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #58 on: January 27, 2023, 06:51:19 PM »
It doesn't help that dar can now tell what you're flying (bomber/fighter) and which way you're going.
That's when I called it quits. Dot-Dar was much better.  Actually had to try to make an educated guess of what was going on.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 27, 2023, 07:19:02 PM »
It doesn't help that dar can now tell what you're flying (bomber/fighter) and which way you're going.
That's when I called it quits. Dot-Dar was much better.  Actually had to try to make an educated guess of what was going on.

Coogan
  dot dar x 100