Author Topic: Letter concerning ENY issues to HTC  (Read 3572 times)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Letter concerning ENY issues to HTC
« on: January 24, 2023, 05:14:05 AM »
Was asked to write an email describing the problem and potential solutions. Please +1 or -1 depending on where you stand. If you have any ideas tto the solution of the problem or would like to describe issues you have experienced while in the MA over the past 6 months, please provide them here. I will email each one into HTC for review.  :salute :cheers: :aok

« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 05:20:05 AM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: Letter concerning ENY issues to HTC
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2023, 05:15:35 AM »
To whom this may concern,

Over the past 2 months, I have observed over 3 dozen situations where ENY has affected countries without significant numbers to support the restrictions; In my humble opinion, they should not be penalized with ENY. This has been going on for years with the declining player base.

What I am observing on a continual basis is as follows.

1. Large forces of up to 35 players swarming a base with only 3-10 defenders. This happens on a regular basis during primetime. When the base is not captured the horde continues. After these players have their fill they log for the night creating a huge problem in regards to eny. Players that stay and fight through it, then continue to play once the horde logs, are then restricted to +20 ENY for several hours.

2. Large forces on the bishop side roll throughout the morning. This is countered at times with shade accounts. Up to 15 players continually roll bases after base. Once they are logged for the day this creates a huge eny problem for other countries for up to 2 hours. Eny of 10.5 to +20 is common almost daily from this scenario.

3. On several occasions I have observed a side winning the map and then not returning for up to an hour or more. While everyone else wants to get a good start on the next map, they are restricted to above +10 to as high as +20 eny for an hour or more.

This is both killing action creating game play and limiting paying customers from enjoying the game. I understand that eny is the lesser of two evils but ENY is only working against those not hording. If I stay around and fight 5-15 v 1 engagements for hours I should not get hit with high eny. I only fly b17's or b24's and I face on multiple occasions each week with restrictions when there should be none.

It is my opinion that ENY needs to be scaled back or eliminated entirely. The hordes roll with little to no eny. It is not OK to ask paying customers who wish to spend their time in this game to log off just so ENY can affect the enemy; or to switch sides after investing the time and energy for hours if not days to win the war for a particular side. The autoside switch does not work anymore the way it was intended and nobody uses it for the intended reason either. It is now used to perk farm.

Over the next week I will provide some solutions from players and myself and hopefully you will find one that works for everyone including the business.

Please go to the forums and read what others have said from posts that MERV has started which is my bbs member name.

Forgive my disruptive behavior at times. I'm passionate about this game. I do act immature at times but I am finally addressing my mental health.

<S> Finetime/HQRUS
Jordan Hartley
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2023, 05:17:54 AM »
I believe significant improvements to the quality of the game would be experienced by all players if ENY was scaled back by a minimum of 33% with a cap of 19.99 ENY.

An ENY minimum of 40-60 players would also greatly benefit the game. I understand scenarios with 20 bishops in the morning would negate this scale back immensely but those are the rare occasions and any team with greater than 66% of the player base with 24 players in the main arena could also warrant a 100% ENY penalty.

Just jostling around ideas. ENY should not go away but there is a large group of players that believe ENY is prohibiting fair action creating gameplay. Please consider these first ideas!

<S> Finetime/HQRUS
Jordan Hartley
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 05:21:01 AM by mERv »

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2023, 07:57:03 AM »
Yo Wiz.......................... nothin's gonna change, bro

<paste pic of guy beating dead horse here>

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2023, 08:00:38 AM »
This guy  :rofl

Nothing is changing in this game get over it.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2023, 08:26:57 AM »
What is the big deal. Do you have to fly a plane out of your comfort zone once and awhile big whoop.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2023, 10:29:07 AM »
What is the big deal. Do you have to fly a plane out of your comfort zone once and awhile big whoop.
The difference between eny 19.9 planes and eny +20 planes is significant.

Absolutely for $15 a month I have to fly a set of B-17's or B-24's every sortie!  :bhead

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2023, 10:35:50 AM »

Hey Max never say never! Dale sat and sat on the HQ's going down for a long time. Then he acted by making it impossible for gvs or bombers to destroy HQ. When AH3 finally released the m3 howitzer cross map sorties were negated, GV dar was implemented, and HQ got a much needed significant nerf on downtime; while HQ hardness got a slight buff. A cap limit of 90 minutes downtime was also implemented.  All of those changes were the perfect fix to that problem.

Why were HQ's getting dropped the way they were with such frequency? Because of shade cheaters ruining historic/non-historic strategic missions on a regular basis in the MA. Back then you could drop an HQ for up to 3 hrs. You can't see anything when your HQ was down. The only way you could see enemy planes was if you ran a shade account and spied locations that were friendly. Back then they were just dots  :aok

HTC wants to hear suggestions to the solution of the problem. I am just trying to rally support for this change that is for the betterment of the game as a whole for everyone.

I will put up the fight MaX, after all...😜😎🔥

NOBODY beats the WiZ 👊 💪🫡
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 10:45:38 AM by mERv »

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2023, 10:56:22 AM »
ENY is restricting a shrinking player base. This game can no longer afford to ask its players to side switch or log out in order to balance eny.

ENY NO LONGER WORKS AS INTENDED.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2023, 11:02:54 AM »
ENY is restricting a shrinking player base. This game can no longer afford to ask its players to side switch or log out in order to balance eny.

Neither does three sides at these numbers, but....

Embrace the suck. ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_helplessness
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 11:08:04 AM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Torcher

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2023, 12:12:07 PM »

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2023, 12:41:39 PM »
To whom this may concern,

Over the past 2 months, I have observed over 3 dozen situations where ENY has affected countries without significant numbers to support the restrictions; In my humble opinion, they should not be penalized with ENY. This has been going on for years with the declining player base.

What I am observing on a continual basis is as follows.

1. Large forces of up to 35 players swarming a base with only 3-10 defenders. This happens on a regular basis during primetime. When the base is not captured the horde continues. After these players have their fill they log for the night creating a huge problem in regards to eny. Players that stay and fight through it, then continue to play once the horde logs, are then restricted to +20 ENY for several hours.

2. Large forces on the bishop side roll throughout the morning. This is countered at times with shade accounts. Up to 15 players continually roll bases after base. Once they are logged for the day this creates a huge eny problem for other countries for up to 2 hours. Eny of 10.5 to +20 is common almost daily from this scenario.

3. On several occasions I have observed a side winning the map and then not returning for up to an hour or more. While everyone else wants to get a good start on the next map, they are restricted to above +10 to as high as +20 eny for an hour or more.

This is both killing action creating game play and limiting paying customers from enjoying the game. I understand that eny is the lesser of two evils but ENY is only working against those not hording. If I stay around and fight 5-15 v 1 engagements for hours I should not get hit with high eny. I only fly b17's or b24's and I face on multiple occasions each week with restrictions when there should be none.

It is my opinion that ENY needs to be scaled back or eliminated entirely. The hordes roll with little to no eny. It is not OK to ask paying customers who wish to spend their time in this game to log off just so ENY can affect the enemy; or to switch sides after investing the time and energy for hours if not days to win the war for a particular side. The autoside switch does not work anymore the way it was intended and nobody uses it for the intended reason either. It is now used to perk farm.

Over the next week I will provide some solutions from players and myself and hopefully you will find one that works for everyone including the business.

Please go to the forums and read what others have said from posts that MERV has started which is my bbs member name.

Forgive my disruptive behavior at times. I'm passionate about this game. I do act immature at times but I am finally addressing my mental health.

<S> Finetime/HQRUS
Jordan Hartley

Start your serial poster rehab by breaking your keyboard. Thank you.

Offline TryHard

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2023, 01:05:09 PM »

Or just fly something more challenging that a formation of flying death stars with lazer beam 50 cals all controlled by one man.

May I suggest a fighter? maybe learn some BFM.

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2023, 01:19:15 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
  No kidding. This is getting worse than Midway
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2023, 01:29:48 PM »
Some of you aren't being nice :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: January 24, 2023, 02:04:44 PM by mERv »