Author Topic: Spy ballons.  (Read 6270 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Re: Spy ballons.
« Reply #180 on: February 05, 2023, 04:57:24 PM »
How would I know if it's a dereliction of duty? I don't know what the official policy is, or if we even have one. I don't know who reported the balloons before or who knew about them., I don't know how far the incidents went up the chain of command so how am I supposed to even remotely know if there was a dereliction of duty.

Go pick a fight with someone else. I've already told you what I think.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: February 05, 2023, 05:01:00 PM »
Go pick a fight with someone else. I've already told you what I think.

Which is exactly my response when you were busting my blz for not taking your flying killer drone super weapon balloon theory as seriously as you wanted.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #182 on: February 05, 2023, 05:08:21 PM »
This is interesting

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/02/04/us/politics/balloon-congress-surveillance-report.html
Classified U.S. Report Highlights Foreign Power Aerial Spying With Advanced Tech
Before a Chinese spy balloon was discovered in the United States, American officials said a rival power may have used advanced technology to surveil U.S. military sites.

WASHINGTON — The Chinese spy balloon that floated across the continental United States before it was shot down by the U.S. military generated deep concern on Capitol Hill in part because it came on the heels of a classified report that outlined incidents of American adversaries potentially using advanced aerial technology to spy on the country.

The classified report to Congress last month discussed at least two incidents of a rival power conducting aerial surveillance with what appeared to be unknown cutting-edge technology, according to U.S. officials. While the report did not attribute the incidents to any country, two American officials familiar with the research said the surveillance probably was conducted by China.

The report on what the intelligence agencies call unidentified aerial phenomena focused on several incidents believed to be surveillance. Some of those incidents have involved balloons, while others have involved quadcopter drones.

So we were aware that some advanced surveillance had occured before.

remember the "swarms": of Drones on Colorado and Nebraska in 2019 and 2020? That was never explained.

I'm again thinking about drones as a very viable assets that could be brought in by balloons. Who knows?

more from the article...

The classified report mentioned Naval Air Station Fallon in Nevada and Marine Corps Air Station Iwakuni in Japan as sites where foreign surveillance was believed to have occurred, but did not explicitly say China had been behind the actions, a U.S. official said.

Since 2021, the Pentagon has examined 366 incidents that were initially unexplained and said 163 were balloons. A handful of those incidents involved advanced surveillance balloons, according to a U.S. official, but none of them were conducting persistent reconnaissance of the U.S. military bases. (However, spy balloons that the U.S. government immediately identifies are not included in the unidentified aerial phenomenon tracking, according to two U.S. officials.)

Because spy balloons are relatively basic collection devices and other balloons have not lingered long over U.S. territory, they previously have not generated much concern with the Pentagon or intelligence agencies, according to two officials.

looks almost like they are talking about UFOs or something else very advanced.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.