Author Topic: Ukraine War Thread  (Read 7383 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: Ukraine War Thread
« Reply #30 on: February 09, 2023, 12:52:20 PM »
Using your example CptTrips if Mexico invaded Texas to reclaim it would they then try to conquer all the remaining states if they took Texas?

You're not very good at this.

Yes, if they had the forces to take Texas I image they would also try for their other previous territories in New Mexico, Arizona, and California.

Especially if they felt they could rely on "useful idiots" here that would argue to let them have it so we can avoid any fighting.

We should not have been in Iraq after 9/11 and we should have left Afghanistan in 2008. 

But you're just trying to shift the discussion elsewhere because you are losing the Ukraine argument.

Do you agree the war could end tomorrow if Russia withdraws it's invasion force for Ukrainian territory?

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: February 09, 2023, 12:55:01 PM »
From your source.

Wait.  Are you claiming that russia(spit) didn't say they had no intentions of invading Ukraine last February?

Are you claiming they never said that?

How about Fox?  Is that an acceptable source?  Is there anything you accept other than RT?

“There is no invasion and there is no such plans,” said Anatoly Antonov, the Russian ambassador to the U.S.
https://fox2now.com/news/politics/us-officials-make-final-plea-to-russia-over-ukraine/

How about TASS  the russian(spit) new agency? 

Russia not invading Ukraine and has no such plans — Russian ambassador to US

https://tass.com/politics/1406765

Is it only true if Q says it?

How about the words coming out of the actual ambasadors mouth on video?  Is it all just deep-faked by the Illuminati Reptilians?

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 01:38:08 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #32 on: February 09, 2023, 01:25:29 PM »

guess the old ignore list is growing today.

:aok

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: February 09, 2023, 01:42:38 PM »
Yes I can only assume peace would prevail if Russia pulled its forces but do I and the most of the world think that will actually happen?

You didn't reply to our involvement there in 2014..that does swing the thread more political but not sure how you discuss war without talking about politics that start them..we would not be here except for the actions taken in 2014

Let us know when you are shipping out as a merc to save the world...

I am for peace and saving lives as wars are temporary but death isn't

Just like all the rest the mean ole bad guys will be our best friends and trading partners before you know it..heck Europe never stops...

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: February 09, 2023, 01:47:36 PM »

:aok

Why do you feel compelled to read something you don't want to read? I don't go into threads I don't like and talk crap..

Strange... :headscratch:
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: February 09, 2023, 01:51:39 PM »
Yes I can only assume peace would prevail if Russia pulled its forces but do I and the most of the world think that will actually happen?

Hitler didn't get out of France voluntarily either.  He had to be made to leave. 

You didn't reply to our involvement there in 2014..

Again, we did not invade Ukraine.  We supported nascent pro-democracy groups.  The pdf I linked goes into the myth and it's invalidity.  You can find thousands of other sources explaining the same points.  I'll let you do your own research, or you can just swallow whatever the Kremlin tells you.

Let us know when you are shipping out as a merc to save the world...

Let us know when your application for russian(spit) citizenship goes through.  I'll throw you a going-away party.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #36 on: February 09, 2023, 01:55:57 PM »
The Ukraine parliament overwhelmingly  voted to ratify a free trade agreement with the EU. A couple of months later the president decided to instead increase ties to Russia. There were protests and then the Ukraine government fired on people, killing some.

After a couple of months of protests, and after over 100 protesters were killed, the President fled Ukraine. The next day Parliament voted unanimously to remove the President from office. 328-0.

I doubt very much that the US overthrew the government - since the government (parliament) voted to remove the President. Only the president fled and the parliament voted to remove him. It was not a coup in my opinion.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 02:43:34 PM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #37 on: February 09, 2023, 02:34:57 PM »
The only scenario in which Russia withdrawals from Ukraine is if some one ices Putin which I don’t necessarily find that to be likely. In my opinion, the longer the war persists, the higher likelihood it to escalate into  a broader conflict. I’m curious as to what’s is the endgame for the United States here? How do we as a nation benefit from this war being prolonged? We all know from the past 70 years of the geopolitical antics of the US that we do not act altruistically. We have no qualms against overthrowing properly elected leaders and imposing tinpot dictators if it serves our own interests. It makes me think there maybe a rich oil deposit in Ukraine, or possibly rare earth metals. Maybe I’m cynical, maybe I’m just a bit jaded, most of my adult life 25 years, this country has been governed by retards, self serving buffoons, or the smartest man in the room by half.

Chuikov

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #38 on: February 09, 2023, 02:44:50 PM »
even if someone gets rid of Putin, the next guy may be just as determined to stay in Ukraine.

What a mess.

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #39 on: February 09, 2023, 02:45:27 PM »
Why do you feel compelled to read something you don't want to read? I don't go into threads I don't like and talk crap..

Strange... :headscratch:

Because the basic information is interesting. The stupidity and trolling of a number of people on the other hand require the "ignore list".

And where did I talk crap? I just agreed with "Tex".

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2023, 03:02:40 PM »
This thread and those like it are a good part of the reason I don't show up any more.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2023, 03:33:43 PM »
This thread and those like it are a good part of the reason I don't show up any more.

Nothing is forcing you to read it...
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2023, 04:06:50 PM »
I am not for either side CptTrips so I won't be going anywhere

I am for peace

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2023, 04:30:27 PM »
I am for peace

So was Neville Chamberlain.

Expansionist dictators love those who will negotiate away anything for another year of false peace.

« Last Edit: February 09, 2023, 04:34:41 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2023, 04:39:18 PM »

The base thread is actually good. It has gone off the rockers a bit and that is bad. Well.... more than a bit actually.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)