Author Topic: New Snow skins for GV's  (Read 267 times)

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
New Snow skins for GV's
« on: February 19, 2023, 12:57:45 PM »
With Kong's new Badland map, we need the remaining GV's with Snow skin's done. The M3, M18, M16, M8, SDK251, Wirbl, Osti.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
Re: New Snow skins for GV's
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2023, 04:13:20 PM »
With Kong's new Badland map, we need the remaining GV's with Snow skin's done. The M3, M18, M16, M8, SDK251, Wirbl, Osti.

Only person that has done skins for the listed vehicles that is still playing and still skinning is Greebo and he has only done the Sd.Kfz.251 and there is a Winter skin.  :aok 

Most are still all default skins.
Never have found a photo of any Wirbelwind or Ostwind in Winter livery. Even the Wirblewinds that are photographed in the Winter snows are standard camo schemes only seen a few profiles and never have found a matching photo. The Ostwind only has a handful of photos tops none with Winter camo. M3,M16,Jeep,M18,M8 all have plenty of options on those.
You just need to find someone who will do a template.  :headscratch:

LVT II's ironically enough do have Winter schemes as they were used in the European theater.
Not sure if there are are Winter schemes at the moment for the -4's.  :headscratch:

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,392352.msg5208748.html#msg5208748

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,321468.msg4191870.html#msg4191870

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,234946.msg2863023.html#msg2863023

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2023, 07:36:23 PM »
Thanks for the clarification Lyric. I am no skinner so I wont be doing it lol.
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2023, 03:01:12 AM »
I did look at skinning the flakpanzers previously when the LTAR guys asked me about it, but as Lyric1 says the problem is a lack of good enough photos of them. For the Allied GVs that's not an issue but there is a lack of variety in their schemes which makes them unappealing to a skinner. Once you've done one "olive drab with white stars" scheme you've pretty much done them all.

Having said that I've taken a look at the skin files for the GVs listed in the OP and they all seem relatively bug and issue free. I think of the above the most likely ones I would skin would be the M3 and M16. The files for these are 90% the same as each other so I'd get two templates for the price of one. I suspect the M3 has a bigger variety of schemes than the other GVs listed too. If I knew I could get half a dozen different-looking-to-factory-camo (desert camo, winter camo, disruptive camo etc.) skins out of the template it would appeal more to me. Another plus for the M3 is that I'd guess the MA usage of it likely exceeds all the other GVs listed in the OP put together. Anyone have the stats on this? Lusche?