Author Topic: Haven’t played in years but coming back!  (Read 688 times)

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
Haven’t played in years but coming back!
« on: March 01, 2023, 08:18:54 PM »
Hello folks.  I’m looking for recommendations for a computer I can buy that will play the game very well with high frame rate.  I don’t want to have to add a video card, hoping I can buy a desktop and play.  $2500 ish budget.  I have super fast internet. 
Please - any recommendations appreciated.  Thank you. 
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
Re: Haven’t played in years but coming back!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2023, 11:04:34 AM »
Welcome back TalonX!

In the $2500 is it just the computer or do you want a stick, a monitor and all the other side equipment as well? For $2500 you can get a great computer. Also are you interested in a VR headset? AH is great for it.

It is great hearing from you <S>

Dutch
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2023, 11:20:59 AM »
Welcome back TalonX!

BestBuy is having a great sale on pre-built gaming systems:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/promo/select-gaming-desktops

Wide range of systems and prices, brand names like HP, ASUS, and LENOVO.  Might be worth checking out.   My own suggested minimum video card on a mid-range PC would be GTX 3060 or AMD Rx 6600XT.   If you think you might like to try VR someday, I would suggest going to 3070 or 3080.

« Last Edit: March 02, 2023, 11:27:58 AM by oboe »

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2023, 12:49:41 PM »
Welcome back and have fun!!! It’s just like riding a bicycle, remember those older ones with the HUGE front wheel ??
No input from me on a system as I’m living in the past with Win 7 still and should get a newer one.

Remember, stability beats speed on your connection with regards to gameplay. Downloading the game itself is of course better with a zippiy-do-dah connection.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2023, 07:54:59 PM »
Thank you!   I hope to be back in a month!
-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Prayer

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2023, 10:32:56 AM »
Talon old friend? Lol. Just getting back in too. Or was it MajTalonX? Anyway, doesn’t matter. Stick is on the way. I just put together a computer this week. I parted it together since January, in secret from wife ack. I got a 2080ti (beats out a 3070 in a lot of games) and a 5800x used on Craigslist with a 850 power supply for 450. Turns out the guy flys sims! DCS though and just upgraded to a 4090. Tried talking him into trying AH.

That started it, got a x570 crosshair hero viii mb for 200, bought aio arctic freeze 360,Hynix 2tb ssd new and ram cl18 4000 trident royal Z. Case antec 700df new 84 bucks with 5 fans mid tower. Spent about 950 total. Assembled and to my surprise running mint and the wife still thinks it was a 300 dollar purchase! She was gone when built. 32 inch monitor 165 mhz Mag321qr….400

Building it yourself is not difficult. You save money and know what you have. There is so much info now a days. YouTube visual step by step instructions. Just do a little research. If you need help PM me and I’d be willing since it is all very fresh.

Heck, on Facebook Market I got a x52 and rudder pedals for 100. Could not believe it. Waiting to be delivered. Might have to take that apart if it drifts or spikes.

Good to see you, hopefully we can shake the rust together. Wonder if batfink is around or bigmax. Ugh, seen that section of names that have passed, many were a HUGE part of this community. I know it won’t be the same and I don’t have the amount of time I once did but still really looking forward to getting up there.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2023, 05:45:19 PM »
Hello folks.  I’m looking for recommendations for a computer I can buy that will play the game very well with high frame rate.  I don’t want to have to add a video card, hoping I can buy a desktop and play.  $2500 ish budget.  I have super fast internet. 
Please - any recommendations appreciated.  Thank you.
Any off the shelf will do just fine they all come with gamming cards.  HTC hasn't upgraded anything for a number of years. if you have a machine that plays DCS your golden in Aces High.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes