Author Topic: P47’s Are the Chuck Norris of Airplanes!  (Read 1444 times)

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
P47’s Are the Chuck Norris of Airplanes!
« on: March 15, 2023, 11:52:30 AM »
Adding to the recent P47 love here. Lemme explain. True Story!  :airplane:

I had 24 minutes of fuel left at full power inside a fully loaded P47N. There was a VH that just had to go down! Long story short I’m level at 9K and I pressed the WEP button… boom I now had 26 minutes of gas left.  :banana:

P47’s FTW!  :airplane: :aok
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: P47’s Are the Chuck Norris of Airplanes!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2023, 02:48:52 PM »
Water injected cooling...Few planes have them.....Just open ur E6b and pop wep to see if fuel time increases. I knpw P47N and M has it....few other planes have it also....
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2023, 06:22:40 PM »
Water injected cooling...Few planes have them.....Just open ur E6b and pop wep to see if fuel time increases. I knpw P47N and M has it....few other planes have it also....

Shhhhh it’s just the 47!!!
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2023, 03:27:22 AM »
you only get it for 5 minutes before the plane overheat , whereas on the FW190a5 you get full 10 minutes on methanol injection wep :banana:
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2023, 07:57:06 AM »
you only get it for 5 minutes before the plane overheat , whereas on the FW190a5 you get full 10 minutes on methanol injection wep :banana:

Its prolly nitrous oxide

Nitrous oxcide

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2023, 09:53:27 AM »
Its prolly nitrous oxide

Nitrous oxcide

Nitrous was only to be used above 6000 meters,our A5 only has WM50 to raise the ATA.

:salute

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2023, 11:25:28 AM »
It actually surprises me how many people fly the M over the N. I like the N better TBH. Been crushing it this tour. You can be really patient in it with the amount of gas you get at 75%. Once you get some alt it's unstoppable. One of the really great things I love about it is being able to get your flaps out while going 350. Makes for some awesome overshoots. You can certainly throw followers off guard who aren't expecting you to turn fight in it. The 8 50s are super beneficial in AH especially for the overshoot.

The P47 is one of the purtiest planes of WW2. Really enjoy seeing it at airshows and museums. One of my favorites.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2023, 11:32:57 AM »
It actually surprises me how many people fly the M over the N. I like the N better TBH. Been crushing it this tour. You can be really patient in it with the amount of gas you get at 75%. Once you get some alt it's unstoppable. One of the really great things I love about it is being able to get your flaps out while going 350. Makes for some awesome overshoots. You can certainly throw followers off guard who aren't expecting you to turn fight in it. The 8 50s are super beneficial in AH especially for the overshoot.

The P47 is one of the purtiest planes of WW2. Really enjoy seeing it at airshows and museums. One of my favorites.

The turn fighting ability of the 47 is not often talked about but it can do some nifty tricks! I was trying to fly M’s for fighting but I use the N for hangers and porking. Going to do more fighter action in the N and see. Not that I’m good enough to know the difference anyway lol.

Love that the gas lasts forever or seems.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 11:36:09 AM by Dadtallica »

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2023, 01:14:26 PM »
Clark field. Awating the scrapper  :bhead

nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2023, 06:26:22 PM »
Clark field. Awating the scrapper  :bhead

(Image removed from quote.)

Could probably make a damn good home cockpit outa one of those  :aok
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2023, 06:50:34 PM »
Bunch o fatty chasers.

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2023, 07:47:37 PM »
Fatties are easier to catch, they dont run fast. Plus you can bait one with a chocolate bar
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2023, 09:33:17 PM »
She's big but carries her weight well...

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2023, 11:34:21 PM »
By a long shot, the most dangerous bomber interceptor in this game is the P-47d11 especially when attacking from high 6 o' clock. Now understand tweeking convergence to a longer range makes a huge difference. In capable hands I experience nothing short of getting liquidated when facing these sky demons.

Now come on, I'm finetime! I will come out on top 75% of the time in any engagement, even when faced against stacked odds. That percentage drops dramatically when i come against that bird. The D11 in my opinion is the cream of the crop in AH3 for bomber intercepting below 20k and its not even close to ANY other aircraft including the 163. You can pop a comet but the thunderbolt will take gobs of lead and keep on keeping on.  :aok

« Last Edit: March 16, 2023, 11:36:24 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2023, 05:22:59 AM »
Fatties are easier to catch, they dont run fast. Plus you can bait one with a chocolate bar

The question is if they run faster with Ethanol in them than without  :D
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera