Author Topic: That last 1.5 years  (Read 9205 times)

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
Re: That last 1.5 years
« Reply #165 on: December 16, 2023, 01:12:50 PM »
Of course but losing a child will always leave a hole. If you haven't just ask someone who has.

No doubt. I have several friends who have. I have thus far been spared. I would wish that on no one. Those people in particular have had to make a choice to heal and to be happy, and no one has worked harder. One started a charity, to teach young people to avoid the sort of accidents that took their children. One started an event to raise funds for a charity to deal with the disease that took their son. There's always the hole. They have chosen to use the hole.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #166 on: December 16, 2023, 01:39:11 PM »
Of course but losing a child will always leave a hole. If you haven't just ask someone who has.

This is one I couldn't imagine.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #167 on: December 16, 2023, 01:41:35 PM »
This is one I couldn't imagine.

Don't try.

- oldman

Offline Getback

• Platinum Member
« Reply #168 on: December 16, 2023, 01:46:39 PM »
Dale, I hope you keep us updated. In the meantime, I pray you get well and that you resolve your family problems.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #169 on: December 16, 2023, 05:08:03 PM »
No doubt. I have several friends who have. I have thus far been spared. I would wish that on no one. Those people in particular have had to make a choice to heal and to be happy, and no one has worked harder. One started a charity, to teach young people to avoid the sort of accidents that took their children. One started an event to raise funds for a charity to deal with the disease that took their son. There's always the hole. They have chosen to use the hole.

I have not been so lucky. It is, in fact, a life changing moment that never leaves you. Make no mistake, your imagination will not cover it. When you lose both mom and child,...it will spike you hard,... forever. You will look at life, death and time much differently. Negative people are a vexation you can't push away fast enough nor hard enough, however ridiculous. No one needs a cherry on the top. Surround yourself with decent humans with positive attitude, people who have empathy, because ya probably can't take anymore negative in any form. So when I get nasty, and I will, it's because someone brought negative to my dinner table. Life is too short to settle for one minute of nonsense. OTOH, it would be very hard for anyone to top what you've already been through, no matter how crafty they think they are on getting to you. When they think they have, they actually haven't even moved the needle.

Advice: don't make them relive it by asking what happened.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 05:22:05 PM by Animl-AW »
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP