Author Topic: That last 1.5 years  (Read 9211 times)

Offline Simon

• Nickel Member
Re: That last 1.5 years
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2023, 06:18:59 PM »
Dale, thanks for sharing. We're pulling for you.  :salute

Simon

Offline Busher

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: April 05, 2023, 07:04:48 PM »
Sorry for the stress of your family issues Dale. But I am happy that the Doctors discovered your aneurysm before it became catastrophic. Get well soon.  :aok
Being male, an accident of birth. Being a man, a matter of age. Being a gentleman, a matter of choice.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #47 on: April 05, 2023, 11:39:01 PM »
Sorry for your loss.

I cannot imagine my kids doing that, that had to be a stress load. Glad they are back

Take care

:salute
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline yipi

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: April 06, 2023, 01:18:31 AM »
Only the best doctors work on hearts. I am sure it will go well. Women Uggh

Offline RichardDarkwood

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2023, 01:22:52 AM »
"Show me on the doll where the bad man touched you"---Betty

https://www.twitch.tv/hounds_darkwood
CO--The Bad Guys

Offline Peanut1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: April 06, 2023, 01:24:10 AM »
For the first time in my life, I have sent a prayer out. <S> Hitech  You owe us nothing and have created a wonderful game that many of us have made life long friendships through. Take care and we are very glad to hear from you on a personal level. Please allow any of us with the skillset needed to donate our time in helping you let this game thrive another 20 years. Rest up, drink scotch and grab sum arnold for us married guys!!

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: April 06, 2023, 02:02:57 AM »
Sorry to hear about all your troubles Dale. Best wishes for the future, particularly your upcoming surgery.

Offline Blade

• Nickel Member
      • Battoutai
« Reply #52 on: April 06, 2023, 04:42:47 AM »
 :salute :salute :salute
---------------------------
Who Dares Wins
---------------------------
抜刀隊Blog http://battoutai.blogspot.com
Aces High Wiki Plus! http://www43.atwiki.jp/aceshigh/

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: April 06, 2023, 06:04:08 AM »
Lost my mom in 21 also but it was for the best.

I hope you have a quick recovery and feel better soon. :pray

:salute

Offline Pittsspcl

• Zinc Member
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2023, 07:42:01 AM »
Thank you for sharing that, You have worked hard over the years and developed a very unique community. Many of us escape into this world that you have created occasionally to find many hours of peace and enjoyment away form the stresses that we encounter, I'm certain that you will soon overcome these stressful challenges that you are currently facing. Do keep in mind that you have the support and appreciation from the Aces High family and we are all looking forward to new developments in the future as you successfully navigate these difficult circumstances.   Pitts01.

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: April 06, 2023, 08:11:57 AM »
Best wishes for a speedy recovery.  :salute
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 08:15:03 AM by xbrit »

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #56 on: April 06, 2023, 08:37:50 AM »
I was married to a narcissitic sociopath for 30 years and change. (Well, it will offically be over April 15th.)

Once you see it, you can never again unsee it. Changes your complete perspective on some people.

Some my friends also did not believe/understand until I played them some recordings I had made.

HiTech

Online Chris79

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: April 06, 2023, 09:53:29 AM »
Good luck on your surgery.  My little boy had open heart at the age of 6 months old.  The technology these days is insane.

Hope things keep trending in the right direction for you.

I hope it all went well.

Chuikov

Offline Animl-AW

• Silver Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #58 on: April 06, 2023, 10:45:36 AM »
Once you see it, you can never again unsee it. Changes your complete perspective on some people.

Some my friends also did not believe/understand until I played them some recordings I had made.

HiTech

Dale,
I know from the exact same experience, prolly worse, that nothing I say minimizes the pain inflicted on you, nor the images in your head. I won’t tell my story here, call if you need. , but trust me, I believe every word.

The pain you feel, as if everyone is looking at you in a bad light is an illusion, sadly its in the design. When you think “ ya, no one I know would ever go that low” ,…the realization that they really would has a learning curve. Its disorienting, it keeps us off balance. It promotes a complex.

One day maybe we can talk,..no matter, the reality you need is its not you, you’re not a bad guy. We don’t need proof, we know you, thats our proof. No one here is judging you. The reason it effects you is you have conscience, you care how people view you. Bad people don’t care, it won’t effect them.

I’m proof, you can survive anything, but death. Take care of yourself.  You now know where the bottom of the barrel is, the bar of pain has been raised. Everything else that was big is now small beans. Its just sad that wisdom is born of bad experiences.

I know how you feel, i have all the t-shirts.

I don’t say get to work because I want changes..I say it because your mind has spent so much time on this, its now conditioned. Find a distraction to break the cycle, take your mind off it and that helps break that cycle and recondition your mind to be you again. Even if mowing lawn works for you.

We’re happy to know you’re still with us and this, but we’re a patient lot, take your time.
You’ll be ok, give time, time to work. It will get better.

You humanized yourself to us thats what friends and family do.

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline Firetech

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2023, 10:55:01 AM »
The last 1 1/2 years my personal life has been difficult, hence slow development.

The cliff note version is.

Fall of 2021 I filed for a divorce do to my wife trying to alienate the kids from me.
She got primary custody at the temp order hearing. The alienation was so bad she was telling our 3 kids to be mean to me so I would give up. I can not describe how difficult it is to have your kids pretend to hate you.

April 2022 My mother passed.

Last August the custody evaluation was completed and recommended she have supervised visitation only. After which she requested a jury trial which delayed the divorce another 1 to 1.5 years.  In  October primary custody was given to me.  Things improved very rapidly since I was given primary possession of my kids. They now act like my children again.

Early march I found out I have an ascending aortic aneurysm. Showed up on cat scan Feb 2021 when I had a sever case of covid, but no one told me about it.
May 5 I will have open heart surgery where they replace the first 2 inches of my aorta.

The divorce put a lot of mental stress on me, and I could not focus on any game development since the beginning of the conflict in Augest 2021.

My apologizes for the lack of development, I hope to be back at it soon.

Dale

Take your time to feel and heal brother. It's all a process. We will be here when you are able to get back to it.