Author Topic: I知 Still On The Fence?  (Read 1370 times)

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Re: I知 Still On The Fence?
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2023, 03:26:25 PM »
Sighting cons pre icon range improves greatly in vr

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2023, 05:14:48 PM »
I cannot play Aces High anymore without flying VR. I've played dozens of VR games now and to give Dale credit, the integration is seamless and pretty well done. I even loaned him my VR headset to fix some bugs. Works awesome.

Yes, there are some things that work differently, like adjusting your text/voice channels, certain other things like your map, etc. And not being able to see the keyboard. But, I use Voice Attack and combined it makes it a very fun experience.

It's kinda like the first time you sat on a 1000cc motorbike and all your life before you road bicycles or mopeds. Just such a different experience.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2023, 05:18:42 PM »
I struggle to play any non-VR games now tbh. For first person shooters I got into Onward on my Quest, then I setup my Quest for Wireless PC operation so I could play skyrim that way. Right now my biggest wish is more tactical/board games like Brass Tactics.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2023, 05:22:08 PM »
I struggle to play any non-VR games now tbh. For first person shooters I got into Onward on my Quest, then I setup my Quest for Wireless PC operation so I could play skyrim that way. Right now my biggest wish is more tactical/board games like Brass Tactics.
My son and I use TableTop Simulator VR to play Warhammer together. We have a blast with it.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2023, 11:47:01 AM »
When I played Aces High with a POV hat, it worked great and was one of the best view implmentations available in any flight sim.
Once I upgraded to TrackIR, it took a couple of weeks to get used to it, but I couldn't go back to the POV hat.
Once I upgraded to VR, I couldn't go back to TrackIR.

With the right hardware and software, VR works so well with most modern flight sims.
It is an amazing experience.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!