Author Topic: Indestructable  (Read 499 times)

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Indestructable
« on: June 11, 2023, 10:11:16 AM »
Hello,

Which hanger is the Indestructable; the one with the grilled roof or the flat roof?

Thank you,

X15  :salute
« Last Edit: June 11, 2023, 10:23:55 AM by Slade »
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
Re: Indesturctable
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2023, 10:27:46 AM »
The one with the rounded roof is the indestructible. 

In case you have trouble remembering, remember that each air base has at least two bomber hangars, but only one indestructible hangar.  The indestructible hangar will be the one that is different.

A GV base or a port will have one indestructible hangar, and no bomber hangars. 

1ijac (One-Eye Jack) made some excellent maps which have all the hangars and guns marked.  I forget the address to his web page, but I have them on my page at http://www.kentwoodstation.com/Maps.html.

Hope this helps. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Slade

• Silver Member
Re: Indestructable
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2023, 10:31:06 AM »
Mongoose thanks very much!  :salute
-- Flying as X15 --

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2023, 11:33:43 AM »
What is the reasoning for the indestructible hanger?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
Re: Indesturctable
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2023, 05:19:16 PM »
The one with the rounded roof is the indestructible. 

In case you have trouble remembering, remember that each air base has at least two bomber hangars, but only one indestructible hangar.  The indestructible hangar will be the one that is different.

A GV base or a port will have one indestructible hangar, and no bomber hangars. 

1ijac (One-Eye Jack) made some excellent maps which have all the hangars and guns marked.  I forget the address to his web page, but I have them on my page at http://www.kentwoodstation.com/Maps.html.

Hope this helps.

This is excellent! Thank you for sharing!

<S>

Josh
Tours 86 - 296

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2023, 05:56:16 PM »
For those that remember back...you used to be able to go inside the indestructible hanger..the front hanger door was all open.  There is another indestructible hanger which is the vehicle hanger on the 2 auto ack gv base.  It's designation is HGR instead of VHH (which is a normal vehicle hanger).

One-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2023, 04:47:15 PM »
The one that you can't blow up..... is indestuctable. You are welcome.  :D
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2023, 10:16:35 PM »
What is the reasoning for the indestructible hanger?

If I understand it correctly, and I could easily be wrong, it is a placeholder for certain functions.  Fighter hangars let you launch fighters.  If all are destroyed, you can't launch fighters.  The indestructible hangar holds certain functions that can't be destroyed, like selecting an airplane, etc.

That's my understanding. 
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2023, 11:44:45 PM »
If I understand it correctly, and I could easily be wrong, it is a placeholder for certain functions.  Fighter hangars let you launch fighters.  If all are destroyed, you can't launch fighters.  The indestructible hangar holds certain functions that can't be destroyed, like selecting an airplane, etc.

That's my understanding.

I always figured it was because it is the hanger used for aircraft/ground vehicle and ords/ammo selection, and that the hanger being destructible would make it a PITA to do that.  I mean, it would bug me if I can barely see things because of fire and smoke.  Lighting would also make it a PITA as well, since the game does have lighting effects n all.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.