Author Topic: Some pics from Mallorca  (Read 1424 times)

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
Re: Some pics from Mallorca
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2023, 04:55:50 AM »
Huh? Admitted I haven't been in most European countries but everywhere I've been there's been a full height glass wall/door or a curtain. The only exception of that rule has been in cases where there's a bathtub taking care of the lowest quarter.

What puzzles me more is that in many countries there's no floor drain in the bathroom. That's why as a kid I didn't quite understand the cartoon/film jokes about a flooding bathroom creating Niagara Falls in the upstairs steps. The most extreme example for me has been the shower cubicle being in the room on the thick carpet! That was in Berlin (West) in a cheap hotel with toilets and bathrooms in the hallway. All the moisture sucked into the carpet... Yuck!

European countries where I haven't been can be counted with 1 hand fingers and must say, there's been all kind contraptions called bathroom. Those with carpet and without floor well were common in older houses in central Europe and the smell was sometimes... interesting.

Ventilation is often missing, or it is just a propeller whining in ventilationn tube and no any kind of valve or hole for incoming air. Often door even made as airtight as possible, fan in tube screraming in pain like trying to suck from a bottle. Mold common especially in Belgium.

In East Europe small toilet with hand shower without any kind of curtain or protection is relatively common, even in hotels. One have to evacuate toilet paper and anything else not desired to be wet before shower, but at least they all have floor well.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2023, 04:58:02 AM by GasTeddy »

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2023, 04:57:12 AM »
European countries where I haven't been can be counted with 1 hand fingers and must say, there's been all kind contraptions called bathroom. Those with carpet and without floor well were common in older houses in central Europe and the smell was sometimes... interesting.

Ventilation is often missing, or it is just a propeller whining in ventilationn tube and no any kind of valve or hole for incoming air. Often door even made as airtight as possible, fan in tube screraming in pain like trying to suck from a bottle. Mold common especially in Belgium.

In East Europe small toilet with hand shower without any kind of curtain or protection is relatively common, even in hotels. One have to evacuate toilet paper and anything else not desired to be wet before shower, but at least they all have floor well.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2023, 06:51:53 AM »
When we lived in Tynemouth England in the early 70's neighbors shared bathrooms as it was one for at least two flats with a gravity fed toilet..

We rented the entire townhouse which normally held up to 3 families

Neat experience for a 12 year old from New Orleans

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals