Author Topic: Southern California - illegal fireworks  (Read 2867 times)

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
Southern California - illegal fireworks
« on: July 01, 2023, 11:09:25 PM »
It's been building up for two weeks. They're pretty intense right now

I live 15 miles south of Los Angeles.

The fireworks are INSANE. It really does sound like a distant war zone right now, with the occasional REALLY BIG boom near me that shakes my place. I don't know what these things are, but the flash lights up the sky - and I see them on my security cameras. Actually does shake the house.

Closer to the fourth the sounds will be a continuous roar - like a never ending thunder in the distance - and explosions and whistles and pops like gunfire all over the place near me. It really is undescibable

I hear there's a 1k reward if you turn someone in.  There's no way in hell the cops can stop this. Absolutely impossible

Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline jigsaw

• Silver Member
Re: Southern California - illegal fireworks
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2023, 01:08:33 AM »
They routinely fire off mortar sized shells in my area throughout the year.  Someone once told me it was how gangs would communicate to other members or that that had a particular drug to sell.  It gets completely crazy around 7/4 and 1/1 holidays.

There is a "safe and sane" rule that allows use of fireworks here that stay on the ground.  That doesn't help.

I remember seeing a news real during the "covid lockdown"  where the whole sky over LA was lit up with illegal fireworks. It was bad enough that they issued an air quality alert from all the smoke.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2023, 03:00:05 AM »
Where are you at, Jigsaw?

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2023, 03:12:43 AM »
I think I remember that you're in Phoenix. Could be wrong. I used to live in Phoenix. Most of my life actually.

Also, mortar is a great description of those big ones that just shake the house. I mean I don't know where they get these things cuz I don't ever see things like that at firework shows. Or maybe I do but I'm not that close to them. Lol

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2023, 08:09:06 AM »
Bottle rockets disappearing?   

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2023, 08:35:34 AM »
Excuse me, I thought this was America!
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2023, 12:46:39 PM »
Excuse me, I thought this was America!

Not the People's Republik of Kalifornika.

Sad thing is, some of those fleeing to TN are bringing their Bravo Sierra with them. Two of the four bigger cities are already nearly unlivable. Nashville is creeping out in all directions, too. I'll probably have to move in a few years, at the most.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2023, 03:18:17 PM »
Not the People's Republik of Commiefornia.

Sad thing is, some of those fleeing to TN are bringing their Bravo Sierra with them. Two of the four bigger cities are already nearly unlivable. Nashville is creeping out in all directions, too. I'll probably have to move in a few years, at the most.

FIXED.  :D
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2023, 04:12:25 PM »
you guys are funny. look at most major cities in any state and most likely only allow same fireworks as counties and cities in California.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2023, 05:10:44 PM »
you guys are funny. look at most major cities in any state and most likely only allow same fireworks as counties and cities in California.

semp

And that makes it a good decision? Or a just one?

"When we become piled upon one another in cities as they are in Europe, we shall be as corrupt as they are." ------ Thomas Jefferson

When I was a kid, this was a free country......
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2023, 05:35:46 PM »
Where I used to live it was a war zone in the air. Just south of SF. Loved it, miss it
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2023, 05:58:20 PM »
Rain would help but...

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2023, 06:21:58 PM »
And that makes it a good decision? Or a just one?

"When we become piled upon one another in cities as they are in Europe, we shall be as corrupt as they are." ------ Thomas Jefferson

When I was a kid, this was a free country......

when I was a kid houses burned just as easy with the same fireworks.

and since when is not lighting fireworks an infringment upon liberty.  tell me when Jefferson said that.

perhaps paul revere and amigos should have light up some fireworks to warn the regulars were coming.

semp

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2023, 06:44:50 PM »

semp

West Virginia has been 100% legal fireworks for over 10 years. I'm guessing commercial display companies are required to have permitting, but you can buy mortars and rockets that are almost as good anywhere in city limits.

Now, my city (15K) does have ordinances on usage and type but generally are not enforced. I can ask my police chief how many citations are written a year, but I can't imagine its many.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2023, 06:48:40 PM »
West Virginia has been 100% legal fireworks for over 10 years. I'm guessing commercial display companies are required to have permitting, but you can buy mortars and rockets that are almost as good anywhere in city limits.

Now, my city (15K) does have ordinances on usage and type but generally are not enforced. I can ask my police chief how many citations are written a year, but I can't imagine its many.

same as the cities around here. they go after those that sell them illegally but for rest of us unless there's a complain nothing.

semp