Author Topic: Southern California - illegal fireworks  (Read 2872 times)

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
Re: Southern California - illegal fireworks
« Reply #30 on: July 03, 2023, 05:15:17 PM »
I moved to the city so I wouldn't have to ever hear any noise.

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2023, 08:46:50 AM »
You might think differently if you were experiencing what happens out here in Los Angeles area.

How would you feel if, for weeks on end, all night long, about 50 cars showed up at the end of your driveway and started honking their horns all night long? Would you think that they should be allowed to do that?
And not just any horns. Train horns. Lol.

It's hard to describe what goes on here.

Last night around 12:30 I was still up. It was relatively quiet. There was still stuff going off but then suddenly this massive and relentless chain of explosions, whistles and concussive mortars started going off about a block away from me. I could see the smoke in the sky. White explosions and giant booms shook my place. I mean it scared me for a second when it started. The little dog that I'm taking care of kind of freaked out too. I went outside just to make sure nothing around me was going to catch on fire. It's on my security camera.
I sat there and watched it for about a minute. I should have gone in and got my cell phone to film it.

I really dislike anything to do with nanny state laws. But I draw the line when it affects other people.
You should be able to do pretty much whatever you want to do as long as you're not harming or disturbing others.

Your problem is not with fireworks. Your problem is that you live in an area where decades of voting for free crap has created a culture devoid on manners, mores, and morals. The society there has devolved into what it is. Laws are worthless there. Your prosecutors won't prosecute people for shoplifting. Or simple assault. Or for defecating/urinating on the street, or the sidewalk. You live in a festering cesspool, and you're complaining about fireworks.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2023, 09:46:44 AM »

Your problem is not with fireworks. Your problem is that you live in an area where decades of voting for free crap has created a culture devoid on manners, mores, and morals. The society there has devolved into what it is. Laws are worthless there. Your prosecutors won't prosecute people for shoplifting. Or simple assault. Or for defecating/urinating on the street, or the sidewalk. You live in a festering cesspool, and you're complaining about fireworks.

what city you live in. I imagine it's full of law abiding citizens and police are not needed.

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2023, 10:18:42 AM »

Not denying that California is marred from the policies of the ONE party that runs everything.

But I don't wake up in the morning and think "what a nice day. Too bad the liberals are ruining it"  Almost nothing, policy wise, affects me or my enjoyment of where I live.

The fireworks however....   They are not something subtle. The cause of them might be that illegals are here and they're the ones setting them off. Highly likely.  Also note - the laws against fireworks don't deter them one bit. Just like any nanny law. Gun laws are the same.

But my comments about the fireworks were not meant to be a discourse on their cause. I was simply complaining about the people who were setting them off. You said that people like me just didn't like freedom, basically. I merely responded that that you might feel differently if people were doing this over where you live.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2023, 10:24:50 AM by -gg- »
Icecreamonmars.com. ICOM for short.

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2023, 10:28:43 AM »
In other words. I am not against fireworks. I'm against people setting them off all day and night over my house.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2023, 07:15:06 PM »
In other words. I am not against fireworks. I'm against people setting them off all day and night over my house.

Sounds like they need to get jobs.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline -gg-

• Silver Member
      • IceCreamOnMars
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2023, 11:00:21 PM »
 I'm sitting outside drinking coffee and recording some of this with my field recorder. So it records pretty well on stereo. Maybe I'll post some of it good but I'm not going to let it record all freaking night.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #37 on: July 05, 2023, 09:11:29 AM »
For the first couple of years after they legalized them here people went nuts.  After a while though, the novelty wears off.  When I was a kid Mr. Horach hired kids to work in his candy store.  His rule was... eat all the candy you want.  What a great policy; the kids would go nuts with it and eventually (like after a week) just get bored.  After  a while the smell of the candy would kinda make you sick..  Conversely, the BEST way to get a human to DO something is to tell them they are NOT allowed.

I'm sure firearms are exempt from the above observation.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: July 05, 2023, 06:00:57 PM »
To those complaining about the nanny state, the cost of hospital stays by those injured by fireworks comes out of your pocket.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #39 on: July 05, 2023, 06:57:03 PM »
We are not Canada.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: July 05, 2023, 07:05:51 PM »
We are not Canada.

everything comes out of somebody's pocket.

semp

you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2023, 08:20:27 PM »
We are not Canada.
I knew there would be stupid replies.

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2023, 01:25:13 AM »
Well... You know what they say about asking stupid questions...

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2023, 08:43:06 AM »

everything comes out of somebody's pocket.

semp

The irony...

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2023, 10:05:02 AM »
Well... You know what they say about asking stupid questions...
I made a statement tho.