Author Topic: Insane accuracy?  (Read 2450 times)

Offline mph

• Zinc Member
Insane accuracy?
« on: July 06, 2023, 02:14:57 PM »
I'd like to point out that lately some bombers seem very very lethal
Might not be "cheating"
Dam sure not helping the game
This game is great, I find myself playing so much that my wife thinks I'm obsessed

The real problem is the huge maps with minimal players

Fair gameplay is important to the future of the game

The game needs players

This guy stands out to everyone that plays, the common perception is that he is using an "unfair advantage "
Call it what you will, but this is not helping the game

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
Re: Insane accuracy?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2023, 02:45:56 PM »
In all fairness, it's kind of hard to assess without knowing your skill level or see film, but bombers can certainly shred a plane if you get right on their 6 in a sweet spot. There are guys who have practiced bomber shooting for a long time, and it takes a fair amount of ACM understanding and patients to shoot them down.

I'm with you on the large maps, especially during off hours which make the gameplay very slow and hard to find action. I've been griping about it for a while. There are a few maps that should be taken out of rotation for the time being, especially if we expect to pick up additional players in the off hours. New players don't come here to jabo bases over and over again after a 5-8 minute flight just to get there. That gets old. People want a battle to be apart of.

"Fair" gameplay does not exist in AH. You have late war super E planes flown by really good vets who play a hundred hours a month. Everyone will gang your 109E from 15k alt if you are the only one. Leaving you no chance. That to me is what is hurting gameplay, but its "their $15 a month". There is no "fair gameplay" for the most part. Or you have the current bish in the AM making the game no fun for anyone but themselves, hurting gameplay for the rest of the day in some cases as both knits and rooks gang them, leaving poor fights for all 3 teams in some cases. With these huge maps, you have one team with no action at all, with no players, who create eny problems and that is no fun. If all 3 sides are able to meet each other with a small distance to fly, then you see good fights on all sides. You just simply cannot tell players how to play and there isn't much stopping them from playing easy mode and batting baby seals all day.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 02:50:14 PM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2023, 03:44:09 PM »
Ban bombers from firing linked fire while in external mode. Let them fire from their main plane, but that's it. 15 Laser Beams hitting you from 1k out is so gamey it goes beyond the usual quirks and exploits this game has.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2023, 04:33:36 PM »
I just shake my head when someone calls a player good who has to fly a super plane. YMMV
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2023, 05:17:20 PM »
 :x :banana: :banana: :neener: :bolt:

Mouse and keyboard for the win.

You don't like my accuracy deal with it. 10,000 hrs in bombers in this game

💪 GET SOME 💪

:salute

Ban bombers from firing linked fire while in external mode. Let them fire from their main plane, but that's it. 15 Laser Beams hitting you from 1k out is so gamey it goes beyond the usual quirks and exploits this game has.

That is a gross over-estimation of range accuracy. I'm not hammering planes until they are within 800. I don't fire until I see 1000m out because of how inaccurate it can be. Spraying and praying at that distance leads to running out of ammo when it counts.

Keep the whines coming. My toon gunners live off of them :cheers: :x
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 05:22:37 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2023, 05:46:55 PM »
:x :banana: :banana: :neener: :bolt:

Mouse and keyboard for the win.

You don't like my accuracy deal with it. 10,000 hrs in bombers in this game

💪 GET SOME 💪

:salute

That is a gross over-estimation of range accuracy. I'm not hammering planes until they are within 800. I don't fire until I see 1000m out because of how inaccurate it can be. Spraying and praying at that distance leads to running out of ammo when it counts.

Keep the whines coming. My toon gunners live off of them :cheers: :x

I acknowledge your skill level and what you do IS impressive. I just think that WHAT you do should not be possible in game. I said it was gamey and it is. More so than almost anything else I can think of. Its just a little better than hiding in solid buildings while in a GV. By all means, continue. Its your 15 bucks.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2023, 05:49:29 PM »
<scribble, scribble, scribble..>

10.  No defending your bomber with the gunner positions.

I think we are ready for Letterman.

It's a lot of firepower, but the trade-off is he can only shoot all guns in one direction.  That is a massive disadvantage compared to how the B-17 was designed so that each gun could cover a different sector simultaneously. 

If you can't work with a wingman from different sides you have to be really careful with a skilled gunner.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 05:56:09 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2023, 05:58:28 PM »
<scribble, scribble, scribble..>

10.  No defending your bomber with the gunner positions.

I think we are ready for Letterman.

Yes, completely change what I said and pretend I made an argument that I didnt. You must be in politics. Read it again if you care to actually engage in a debate instead of coming here with snarky comments that dont add anything.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2023, 05:59:02 PM »
Yes, completely change what I said and pretend I made an argument that I didnt. You must be in politics. Read it again if you care to actually engage in a debate instead of coming here with snarky comments that dont add anything.

You got shot down and now you're mad.

So you compare Merv defending his buff with the guns supplied to exploiting a modeling glitch in a building by GV.

Those are not comparable.  Call Hitech.  Maybe he can explain it to you.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 06:15:42 PM by CptTrips »
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2023, 06:07:34 PM »
I acknowledge your skill level and what you do IS impressive. I just think that WHAT you do should not be possible in game. I said it was gamey and it is. More so than almost anything else I can think of. Its just a little better than hiding in solid buildings while in a GV. By all means, continue. Its your 15 bucks.
fair enough brother <S>
« Last Edit: July 06, 2023, 06:22:26 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2023, 06:12:44 PM »
I cant say for sure if he cheats, I just know that he is several times better than the old bomber gunner experts.  Even as one of the best bomber killers in the game I actively avoid him because I believe that he is cheating.  Best I can recommend is just avoid him. 
The justification for him being so good is that he uses a mouse....but all gunners use the mouse.  999000 was great but was no where near these levels.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2023, 06:23:24 PM »
I cant say for sure if he cheats, I just know that he is several times better than the old bomber gunner experts.  Even as one of the best bomber killers in the game I actively avoid him because I believe that he is cheating.  Best I can recommend is just avoid him. 
The justification for him being so good is that he uses a mouse....but all gunners use the mouse.  999000 was great but was no where near these levels.
pretty lame. I don't cheat. A guy just can't become the best at something in this game without that accusation flying around  :x

You are below me hagtard. Thank you for the compliment :ahand

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #12 on: July 06, 2023, 06:27:23 PM »
Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations.   Dont pretend like you dont live off them, just enjoy your trolling. 
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #13 on: July 06, 2023, 06:56:02 PM »
I'm not the smartest clown in the circus...but

I would assume the calculation of a target moving towards you and the rounds towards the target, closes that 1k gap quick, depending on how fast the target is approaching. Same with HOs. IF the target was heading away from the firing gun it would be the opposite, depending on speed.

two cars heading towards each other both going 35mph when passing it's the same as 70.

2 cents from the village idiot.
Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP

Offline RELIC

• Nickel Member
      • http://DFA-Squad.org/
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2023, 07:09:24 PM »
Last camp I killed him 11 times with no losses.  5 of those were in a Pony B with all those massive guns... 
This isn't intended as a "look at me" post - that is Finetime's wheelhouse  :rofl  Now he's shot me down a few times too, but he's not unkillable and frankly I like the challenge of shooting down his buffs.

I learned ages ago how and when to hit buffs after 999000 schooled me several times.  That said, 999000 was IMO a class act who never went out of his way to grief other players gameplay.  Gameplay which, IMO, would be a better if people would stop crying cheat and Finetime would stop trying to hit HQ.  But blah blah blah... obla-de oblah-dah I need another scotch.

DGSII Scenario-2012  352nd FG/487th FS
P-51D "Cold Gin"
Noseart