Author Topic: We need not panic.  (Read 1434 times)

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
We need not panic.
« on: July 09, 2023, 04:46:50 AM »
The planet is fine

JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Online Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: We need not panic.
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2023, 06:43:06 AM »
According to certain people, its not fine and we must dump trillions of dollars into this invisible boogeyman and force people to switch over to green energy which will do nothing on a planetary scale. Not counting that most solar panels that are EOL end up in landfills instead of recycled, windmill blades being buried instead of recycled, and the destructive mining methods used for electric car batteries. But you arent supposed to know or ask about that because its not allowed to be spoken about
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 06:48:09 AM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2023, 07:04:34 AM »
They can't tell me for sure if it will rain this afternoon but they can tell us that we will all die if we don't let them waste billions of $$$$ paying back so called green energy companies political donations...

See big Al Gore and others for confirmation

Not sure how anyone believes anything any of our corrupt leaders mumbles to us these days..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2023, 08:45:32 AM »
I'm just trying to figure out what happened 7695 ago, and again 7043 years ago. What big industry did they have back then that caused global warming?

Surely it wouldn't be the sun moving in cycles relative to the earth. Nope can't be it. It must have been the aliens UFO ships flying all over the place! Yup! That's it!  :rolleyes:

The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2023, 08:59:28 AM »
I'm just trying to figure out what happened 7695 ago, and again 7043 years ago. What big industry did they have back then that caused global warming?

That’s the same question I’ve always wanted to ask Al Gore.

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2023, 09:12:08 AM »
That’s the same question I’ve always wanted to ask Al Gore.

I'm sure if you gave him a kind donation of $500, he would surely inform you.  :D

BTW, this is both sad and hilarious, but you can see the level of fear and paranoia this has brought on children and sadly, adults.

World leader Gretta Thunberg was also incorrect in her estimate as well, but you see "they" need children in fear so "they" can control. It's why I don't like their leadership anymore.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2023, 09:49:27 AM »

Surely it wouldn't be the sun moving in cycles relative to the earth. Nope can't be it. It must have been the aliens UFO ships flying all over the place! Yup! That's it!  :rolleyes:

volcanoes?

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline nopoop

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2023, 10:00:58 AM »
Volcanos seem to be overlooked with the climate crowd. Probably (my volcano guy is on Vacay until the 17th) 40 volcanos erupting currently. Never hear a peep about their contribution to climate.

Ask algore to check his stone tablets...
nopoop

It's ALL about the fight..

Offline Bixby

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2023, 10:16:25 AM »
I'm still trying to find out what happened to the impending Ice Age we were warned about in the 1970's.

My Climatology professor was warning us to get ready. Hmmm?

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2023, 10:28:39 AM »
Volcanos seem to be overlooked with the climate crowd. Probably (my volcano guy is on Vacay until the 17th) 40 volcanos erupting currently. Never hear a peep about their contribution to climate.

Ask algore to check his stone tablets...

remember Mt pinatubo? that was 1 imagine more like it.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2023, 10:34:26 AM »

volcanoes?

semp

Volcanoes would actually cool the earth, if thousands went off simultaneously, as the heavy smoke would reflect the suns rays back to space and potentially make it very cold for a while. Much like the dinosaurs if a meteor hit. I'm not entirely sold on that theory though. Now, thousands of huge meteors maybe. If there is even record of that. There was a lot more water in areas so perhaps they would cause major flooding from title waves and wipe them out.

IMO, it's more about the sun's cycles. There could have also been a massive solar flare that almost reached earth creating massive heat wave. But I'm not sure they would be able to know that.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2023, 10:36:16 AM by DmonSlyr »
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: July 09, 2023, 11:18:41 AM »
Global warming is a natural recurrence.  So is the deep freeze (ice-age).
It may take millions of years to happen, but the cycle will continue.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2023, 11:24:51 AM »
Volcanoes would actually cool the earth, if thousands went off simultaneously, as the heavy smoke would reflect the suns rays back to space and potentially make it very cold for a while. Much like the dinosaurs if a meteor hit. I'm not entirely sold on that theory though. Now, thousands of huge meteors maybe. If there is even record of that. There was a lot more water in areas so perhaps they would cause major flooding from title waves and wipe them out.

IMO, it's more about the sun's cycles. There could have also been a massive solar flare that almost reached earth creating massive heat wave. But I'm not sure they would be able to know that.

well back in high school they thought us there's a like where the sun rays get trapped in the atmosphere and bounce back to earth creating warm er climate.

semp

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2023, 12:07:02 PM »

well back in high school they thought us there's a like where the sun rays get trapped in the atmosphere and bounce back to earth creating warm er climate.

semp

Suns rays don't get trapped. They beam and reflect until they lose energy. Heavy cloud cover reflects most of the suns rays, which is why it's not as hot or sunny on a cloudy day. At night, heavy cloud cover will actually heat the climate because it traps infrared heat from the earth. In anycase, more elements in the atmosphere cool the earth, especially more water vapor. It's why dry deserts are hotter than tropical climates even though tropical climates are closer the equator. Also, heat rises, so as soon as it reflects off the earths surface. It starts going up. Once it gets high it loses energy and cools. Any elements trapped in molecules get released from the molecule shrinking as it rises and break down. It's why the upper atmosphere layers don't have as many elements the higher you go.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 09, 2023, 12:21:31 PM »
And the Lost Squadron gets deeper every year.