Author Topic: Frame stuttering/hourglass when using Oculus Quest mic  (Read 243 times)

Offline SpinDoc1

• Nickel Member
Frame stuttering/hourglass when using Oculus Quest mic
« on: July 10, 2023, 09:07:16 PM »
Hi all,

Been playing for quite some time now, and a newer'ish problem has cropped up. While in-game, if I key the mic (from joystick or from keyboard), the screen will freeze, and an hourglass appears for a brief second or two. When I release mic usually things go back to normal. However, it made it difficult if not impossible to communicate.

Is this a common problem for Quest users? Is it only in AH? If so, any recommendations on troubleshooting?

For settings, the Oculus mic is the only one I have on my PC, no other microphone peripherals. And in the AH settings, it's set to "windows configuration" at top, and then Oculus virtual device for the microphone.
AKSpnDoc
Spin Doc's Aces High VR Video channel! https://youtu.be/BKk7_OOHkgI

Offline Bopgun

• Nickel Member
Re: Frame stuttering/hourglass when using Oculus Quest mic
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2023, 09:34:54 PM »
Ahh, I had this issue too. I just use another Mic rather than then Oculus’s. Perhaps someone else has a work around
Ingame: StepSis

Stuck in the Washing Machine!

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2023, 06:59:44 PM »
In the AH Sound settings there's two Oculus options, one like 'Oculus MIC' and the other which is like 'Oculus virtual MIC'. Choose whichever you're not using and it should fix it. You will find when there are driver updates it occasionally reverts back to the bad one.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2023, 08:08:59 PM »
I remember this from when I had a RiftS. Oculus homogenized their software at some point so I got the virtual mic too even tho it was actually for the Quest. The virtual mic is for when using the Quest wirelessly. If you're hard wired, disable that in the device manager and you should be ok. If you're wireless, disable the regular one. Use one mic at a time. Make sure it's enabled default mic in windows sound settings and selected in AH sound settings.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group