Author Topic: Monday Night Madness in the SEA2--7/17/23 At 8pm EST--BoB  (Read 982 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Monday Night Madness in the SEA2--7/17/23 At 8pm EST--BoB
« on: July 17, 2023, 05:03:23 PM »
Monday Night Madness

8pm EST in the Sea2 arena

Tonight--Battle of britain!!

Axis VS Allies night--Battle of Britain aircraft

well its the first monday of the month so we're doing

battle of britain. aircraft will include

spit1, hurri1, BF-109E-4, BF-110C-4

and as a twist ive added PT boats and the C202.

come in and check it out. its alway lots of fun!

If you're not that good, don't worry about it. we'll help you get better.

It"s great for training, for situational awareness and how

to become a better pilot. it will help you whip some butt in the MA! you wont be sorry.

vox is 223

Fuel Burn-- 0.5

Ack--81X

Just realized, ive been running monday night madness since atleast 2016.

not as much of a following, but still pretty cool!! just a fleeting thought

Monday Night Madness in the AVA--3/28/16 at 8pm EST in the AVA arena

Monday Night Madness in the AVA

Join us for fun and craziness in the AVA tonight, at 8pm EST for Monday Night madness.

close bases, fun fights, great camaraderie!

Midwar planeset and lots and lots of fun and laughs!

vox 151 for both sides!

Action bases A6(knights), A7 and A8(bishops)

Last week we had 25 players, lets try to beat that tonight!

see ya then, join us, you wont be sorry!!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
Re: Monday Night Madness in the SEA2--7/17/23 At 8pm EST--BoB
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2023, 07:39:37 PM »
No interest in playing where only cannon lethality settings are different from MA settings when mgs are left at normal, more so when it's not announced.

If this is the new norm, count me out. It's not fair to cannon planes, especially the 109e in the current BoB set up.  2x7.62mm when short clip cannon runs out?  This is what made me leave last week when I was hitting a 110 in an la5 to no effect (cannon was set at .30 then I think.)

MA  Environment/Arena Settings/Weapons  all are set to 1.00

MNM  Environment/Arena Settings/Weapons:

All other settings are 1.00 except for PlaneGunLethality(Hard) is at .50  <---- this is cannon ammo.

and in an effort to tweak base AA to minimize encroachment ground guns (aa) are set to .25 and .5

The common thread to my remarks are basically about fairness. 

(2 wks ago was 25 people, last week was about 5 of us - just sayin')
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 07:49:27 PM by Shane »
Surrounded by suck and underwhelmed with mediocrity.
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.
I'm not perfect, but I am closer to it than you are.
"...vox populi, vox dei..."  ~Alcuin ca. 798

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2023, 08:17:26 PM »
yes because i set it up so ONLY yours guns were at .50. everyone elses were normal. sheesh. its called experimentation. i try different things to see what the affects are.
no one else complained about it except for you. if you can't get your headshot and put the guy down in 2 seconds, you're not happy. i slowed everything down.

the affect was on the machine guns and the cannons. i had it at .3 last week. all I did was up it a little to see how it would work out. no one else was complaining, as they
could get shot up a little more before dying. you're such a good pilot, it shouldn't matter what the setting are. you seem to kill your prey no matter what. so its not as fast
as normal. that doesn't make it bad, that just makes it more of a challenge. take the challenge. everyone else did. i didn't see any complaints. at first it WAS too low so we upped it.

again just a little experimentation. im sorry if that takes your fun away. thats not what it was about. thanks for flying and i hope you have a great day!

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2023, 08:36:05 PM »
1) machine guns were set at 100% - cannons were at 30% then you bumped them to 50% - you want the screenshots?
2) no one else notices when things are off, especially newcomers, I do. many vets don't even know how to check settings. I do.
3) tweaking only cannon and not mgs is not a fair setup. unfair = not fun.
4) this is not about me. it's about fairness and transparency.
5) the challenge is unannounced - be upfront about it so people can decide - I'll pass when setups are tweaked to be unfair to a certain side or class.  no fun.
6) if you don't like cannons, remove those planes or tweak mgs down to the same lethality % (cannon and mg are different settings.)
7) if you die too easily, get better as the write up states.
8) be upfront with the settings instead messing with people.
9) unfair setups are not fun.
10) I appreciate your efforts (except when they're unfair.) mnn is generally a fun event.

yes because i set it up so ONLY yours guns were at .50. everyone elses were normal. sheesh. its called experimentation. i try different things to see what the affects are.
no one else complained about it except for you. if you can't get your headshot and put the guy down in 2 seconds, you're not happy. i slowed everything down.

the affect was on the machine guns and the cannons. i had it at .3 last week. all I did was up it a little to see how it would work out. no one else was complaining, as they
could get shot up a little more before dying. you're such a good pilot, it shouldn't matter what the setting are. you seem to kill your prey no matter what. so its not as fast
as normal. that doesn't make it bad, that just makes it more of a challenge. take the challenge. everyone else did. i didn't see any complaints. at first it WAS too low so we upped it.

again just a little experimentation. im sorry if that takes your fun away. thats not what it was about. thanks for flying and i hope you have a great day!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2023, 08:39:48 PM by Shane »
I'm always right, it just takes some poepl longer to come to that realization than others.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2023, 09:21:32 PM »
Haven't been able to make one in awhile, but thanks for keeping it going Jaeger.  Maybe next Monday I can get a hour to shoot at you guys or die trying.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2023, 01:24:58 AM »
Should we discuss his habitual HOing?

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2023, 02:20:51 AM »
Me?  This is the first I've heard anyone claim I HO, let alone it being "habitual." 

The only times I have HO'd are after being HO'd more than once during the event - and I always say something about it before it gets to that point, which isn't all that often.

The only other deliberate HO/ram was last week vs a 110 due the lethality being reduced without my knowledge (used up ammo on numerous hits making me wonder if my connection was spazzing out (blanks.) It was at that point I realized the lethality settings had been changed, remarked on it, and left.

And here we are with claims of "habitual ho-ing"   :headscratch:

Should we discuss his habitual HOing?
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 03:14:58 AM by Shane »

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2023, 06:46:20 AM »
Guns need to be left alone...mine were turned down too it seemed or it was just the very crappy brit guns  :joystick:

I left as last night was not fun at all and no one was moving to balance the sides

Brits plane were at a disadvantage enough with the 8 to 4 sides and their crappy carb lawn mower engines

Hoping next week is back to normal settings and balanced sides

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2023, 08:18:32 AM »
I don't know that it was lopsided, at most I think I saw 8lw-5raf around the time I just sat on runway then it tapered to a stable 6-5 (still on runway until event end.)

That you mentioned the hurris and spit1's were struggling gave me an opportunity to go back and find the arena settings.

I was mistaken in claiming it affected only cannon and not mg planes; it still creates an imbalance, especially with a normal MNM setup.

Here are the lethality setting descriptions (2011, so they may have changed):

PlaneGunLeth
Armored - Unused
Hard - Adjust Lethality of everything other than .50 cal and 5"
Soft - Adjust lethality of .50 cal and 5" guns

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,324199.msg4236141/topicseen.html#msg4236141

Arena settings can be viewed in-game.  Clipboard/Options/Arena Setup and the particular lethality settings we're discussing can be found additionally Environment/Arena Settings and the "Weapons" tab/table.

I'm okay with experimenting as long as the changes are made known and fair - it was messing with my head until I realized the lethality settings had been tweaked.

Guns need to be left alone...mine were turned down too it seemed or it was just the very crappy brit guns  :joystick:

I left as last night was not fun at all and no one was moving to balance the sides

Brits plane were at a disadvantage enough with the 8 to 4 sides and their crappy carb lawn mower engines

Hoping next week is back to normal settings and balanced sides

<S>

Eagler
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 08:24:53 AM by Shane »

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2023, 10:06:36 AM »
or when things are not working as expected, you can just assume im messing with the settings and ask me. im pretty good about answering. thats what real adults do.

sno and i were on 223 with everyone else and had been discussing the changes so that everyone knew we messed with settings. again if you want to know something, just ask. i happily answer everyone!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2023, 10:10:42 AM by captain1ma »

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2023, 10:26:05 AM »
Sure, let me ask what's up with Puma's assertion?  It's not like you to let something like that go by without directly addressing it.

again if you want to know something, just ask. i happily answer everyone!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2023, 12:29:23 PM »
Hoing has already been discussed..

It is frowned on in MNM but newbies still do it occasionally but then Jaeger1 usually sets them straight

If Shane or I ho you it is a mistake usually caused by the difference in headset views or fog of war but not on purpose

Side balancing should be forced imo from the start

<S>

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2023, 04:47:27 PM »
I once was flying my 38J in MNM and all the sudden... I had 3 engines    :O  ..... Never put it past Jaeger to mess with those who partake of the Frozen Margaritas........

:cheers:

80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2023, 08:16:57 AM »
ive been ho'ed by the best. personally i dont partake, but even i accidentally ho and usually apologize on Vox 223 for it. shane has been known to ho more then most. not that he's trying to, but it happens frequently. i just make an announcement in the arena and people try to be more careful. thats all that needs to be said and people are more aware of it, including shane. not point fingers, just pointing out it does happen.

Im surprise that shane, being one of the better sticks in the game is squawking about me messing with gun settings. considering his ability to wipe people out at a whim, im a little disappointed that he's taken that stance. if i had known those gun settings affect cannons, i wouldve set it to 0. then it wouldve been a gunfight only. im good with that!

as for side balancing, i apologize for that Eagler, i shouldve got on that a little faster. right after you left, it evened right out as people watch side balance more then i do sometimes. people are pretty good about changing sides once its pointed out that the sides are off balance.

Offline Shane

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2023, 09:05:20 AM »
whoa  hold up...  i nose on but don't fire and occasionally get a collision.   As Eagler said, i don't intentionally HO unless I've been HO'd too many times that night and you see me saying so.   

I notice a lot of players in real turny planes that I'm coming in on, like to hard pull nose back into me to use the no HO safety net.  I may be firing before they totally flip around on me because once they do, I hold.  Other times they'll be cutting across under me, not a ho. 

If you think I ho you, say something and I'll definitely save film. I have a lot already where I don't HO so it's nothing like you're making it out to be.

I'm asking you to prove this assertion because I fully disagree with it - I'm pretty sure I know what a HO is and what aspect it is. Call me on it so I can check.

As for the gun settings, it's about being transparent and fair with them.  Not everyone is on ch223 or can hear vox.  If you're gonna mess with settings, do it beforehand and announce not on the fly unless it's to fix something. And if ur gonna mess with (gun) settings, mess with all equally.  If I wanted to fly around shooting to no effect, I'd go to the TA. Eagler didn't seem to care much for it either - was he even aware the settings were tweaked?

ive been ho'ed by the best. personally i dont partake, but even i accidentally ho and usually apologize on Vox 223 for it. shane has been known to ho more then most. not that he's trying to, but it happens frequently. i just make an announcement in the arena and people try to be more careful. thats all that needs to be said and people are more aware of it, including shane. not point fingers, just pointing out it does happen.

Im surprise that shane, being one of the better sticks in the game is squawking about me messing with gun settings. considering his ability to wipe people out at a whim, im a little disappointed that he's taken that stance. if i had known those gun settings affect cannons, i wouldve set it to 0. then it wouldve been a gunfight only. im good with that!

as for side balancing, i apologize for that Eagler, i shouldve got on that a little faster. right after you left, it evened right out as people watch side balance more then i do sometimes. people are pretty good about changing sides once its pointed out that the sides are off balance.