Author Topic: Collage Football thread.  (Read 4611 times)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
Collage Football thread.
« on: July 27, 2023, 07:59:49 PM »
23’ a month away in what may be an interesting season.

Before we start let’s see the latest news.  Oklahoma and Texas to the SEC in 24’ season which brings a total of 16 teams in the SEC.  Can they get any bigger?

In a shocking announcement, USC and UCLA will joined the Big 10 in the 24’ season.  I really do not know how this will play out for them but they sure as hell will not dominate tOSU, Mich, PSU.  And just like SEC, Big 10 will have a total of 16 teams.  Can another team(s) joined?  Well, latest reports Oregon interest, this may be a near contract, to joined the Big10.  Now this is a game changer.  And Washington too may joined.

In the latest new, Colorado university returning to Big 12.  And I thought Big 12 will be no more after Missouri, TA@M, Nebraska, Texas and OU leaving.  23’ season BYU, Cincinnati, Houston, and UCF will joined.  Then CU in 24’ season.  I can see 2 more teams joining in the next 2-3 years.

Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
Re: Collage Football thread.
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2023, 09:25:12 PM »
In other news, there's the SEC, then there's the patchwork lesser conferences.  College football is going down the drain and I say that as a SEC fan.
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2023, 12:16:19 AM »
 B10 teams have had trouble when they go west to compete in regular season games. The same with the west teams when they come east.

Most of the conference will have trouble competing with the new format. Indiana, Iowa, Wisconsin, Purdue, Northwestern, Nebraska, Minnesota, Michigan State, Rutgers, Maryland will for the most part be shut out of Indy. Wisconsin will most likely be the one to compete with Michigan/Ohio State/Penn State. Scheduling plays a big part in the success of those teams. It will be the same for USC/UCLA if they have to travel east to play Ohio State/ Michigan it could be tough on their season.

The fight will be Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2023, 10:48:10 AM »
Lol ummm Collage?
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2023, 06:03:31 PM »
In other news, there's the SEC, then there's the patchwork lesser conferences.  College football is going down the drain and I say that as a SEC fan.

I think the NCAA is going down, period. 
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2023, 04:56:53 AM »
NIL and allowing kids to jump ship.... poor additions to college football.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2023, 11:39:48 AM »
I was expecting to see a bunch of pictures arranged in an appealing manner.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2023, 03:03:17 PM »
I was expecting to see a bunch of pictures arranged in an appealing manner.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2023, 12:05:59 PM »
PAC-12 is as good as dead.   Remaining teams maybe joined Big West. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2023, 02:05:11 PM »
I love college football.  Very much looking forward to another season.

So many big changes.  Pac12 is dead -- with USC, UCLA, and now Washington and Oregon to the Big10 and Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah to the Big12.  Looks like the SEC, Big10, and Big12 will be the three main conferences, as there are rumors of Clemson, FSU, and maybe Miami looking for ways to leave the ACC.

In the Big10, the coaching changes at Nebraska (Matt Rhule) and Wisconsin (Luke Fickell) will be interesting to watch.  Also interested in seeing Iowa now with Cade McNamara from Michigan, who I think is very good, and tight-end Eric All from Michigan, a great TE.

I'm hoping my beloved Wolverines have a great season.

Hoping for a great season for the Vols, too.

And looking forward to many excellent SEC Shorts episodes.  :aok

Offline sparky127

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2023, 04:48:03 PM »
Yay sports!

Offline knorB

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2023, 06:36:55 PM »

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2023, 03:13:12 PM »
I love college football.  Very much looking forward to another season.

So many big changes.  Pac12 is dead -- with USC, UCLA, and now Washington and Oregon to the Big10 and Arizona, Arizona State, and Utah to the Big12.  Looks like the SEC, Big10, and Big12 will be the three main conferences, as there are rumors of Clemson, FSU, and maybe Miami looking for ways to leave the ACC.

In the Big10, the coaching changes at Nebraska (Matt Rhule) and Wisconsin (Luke Fickell) will be interesting to watch.  Also interested in seeing Iowa now with Cade McNamara from Michigan, who I think is very good, and tight-end Eric All from Michigan, a great TE.

I'm hoping my beloved Wolverines have a great season.

Hoping for a great season for the Vols, too.

And looking forward to many excellent SEC Shorts episodes.  :aok

Most of the West division of the B10 is in turmoil. Purdue, Wisconsin, Northwestern and Nebraska have coaching changes. Minnesota, Illinois lost top performers to graduation. Iowa new QB, revamped offensive line. Same ole bad play calling probably. Iowa's offense ranked 124th worst in the country. How there were 7 teams worse than Iowa's offense. 

Now next year, Oregon, Washington, USC and UCLA join the B10. The west coast teams are used to long fights from So Cal to Washington and vice versa. But how are they going to do flying to the Midwest in November? Going to be interesting!
                      Go Hawks!

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2023, 09:11:08 PM »
Go Hawks!

Are you a Hawkeyes fan?

I'm thinking Iowa will be quite good this year, with an excellent defense (as usual) but also a drastically improved offense.  I would not be surprised if they win the Western division.  It is a very interesting year with so many changes for so many teams.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
Oaktree

56th Fighter group