Author Topic: Collage Football thread.  (Read 4295 times)

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
Re: Collage Football thread.
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2023, 08:52:59 PM »
Are you a Hawkeyes fan?

I'm thinking Iowa will be quite good this year, with an excellent defense (as usual) but also a drastically improved offense.  I would not be surprised if they win the Western division.  It is a very interesting year with so many changes for so many teams.

Yes I am.

Iowa should be better this year. For the last 2 years their offensive line was so bad it was laughable. Just pathetic. If Iowa doesn't win the West this year, it's their last chance. USC, UCLA, Oreogn, Washingto coming in next year and no divisions.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2023, 09:13:02 PM »
Yes I am.

Iowa should be better this year. For the last 2 years their offensive line was so bad it was laughable. Just pathetic. If Iowa doesn't win the West this year, it's their last chance. USC, UCLA, Oreogn, Washingto coming in next year and no divisions.

There's always wrestling.   
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline alskahawk

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2023, 12:42:57 AM »
There's always wrestling.

And women's basketball!

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2023, 06:38:52 PM »
Can we please start another thread called College Football 2023. I hate to see Collage Football every week.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2023, 08:17:03 PM »
Colleague Football 2023, roger.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2023, 03:39:53 PM »
Wow.  CU did good.  This should put a lot of confidence in the team. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2023, 10:21:34 PM »
I’m just glad the “LSU sucks” side of my personality won out over the “Team SEC Rulz” side! Goes to show how much things can change from one half to another much less an opening drive.

General takeaway from the Arkansas opener is that our run game is a bit less than desired.
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2023, 03:03:37 AM »
I watched a few games.

Michigan looked very good until swapping in 2nd+ string, then didn't do much on offense.  The passing game looked nice.  The running game needs more work.

Tennessee looked very good.  The offense looks good, and the defense looks better than last year.

Ohio State won, and the game was never in doubt. But they have stuff to work on.  They've got a couple of easier games to get things sorted until Notre Dame.

LSU getting blown out by FSU was a surprise to me.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2023, 11:48:44 AM »
I watched a few games.

Michigan looked very good until swapping in 2nd+ string, then didn't do much on offense.  The passing game looked nice.  The running game needs more work.

Tennessee looked very good.  The offense looks good, and the defense looks better than last year.

Ohio State won, and the game was never in doubt. But they have stuff to work on.  They've got a couple of easier games to get things sorted until Notre Dame.

LSU getting blown out by FSU was a surprise to me.

Not bad start for Mich w/o Harbaugh.  Never less,  they look like Big 10 champ contender and playoff competitors…….if they learn their lesson against TCU.

My buckeyes looked sloppy.  I know, first game of the season but they could have done better.   Biggest issue is QB.   In all I do see a two lost game year. 

PSU can make or break Mich and tOSU.  They are going after that big 10 championship and playoff appearance.
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2023, 04:49:01 PM »
Not bad start for Mich w/o Harbaugh.  Never less,  they look like Big 10 champ contender and playoff competitors…….if they learn their lesson against TCU.

They need to work on run blocking.  Passing game and defense looked good.  It is against a lower-division opponent, though.

My buckeyes looked sloppy.  I know, first game of the season but they could have done better.   Biggest issue is QB.   In all I do see a two lost game year.

Day has a marvelous track record with QB's.  Both Stroud and Fields looked not so polished in their first starts, and they became awesome.  I'm interested to see how it goes moving forward.

PSU can make or break Mich and tOSU.  They are going after that big 10 championship and playoff appearance.

Drew Allar looked pretty good.  He didn't look that good last year, so lots of improvement for him so far.  He looked pretty nimble for such a huge guy.  Penn State's defense didn't look as stout as usual.

Of course, all of this is just game 1.

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2023, 09:21:47 PM »
Go Gators!  We needed that W, to the chagrin of Herbstreit and Fowler.         
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2023, 12:37:12 AM »

Looked like there was about to be another braw at the end. 

I never under stand when two players start throwing punches at each other.  Both have helmet and gear on yet that act like they do not have any gear on.   What the bloody dose the one guy, who throws a punch, thinks he will achieved hitting the other guy? 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2023, 08:02:56 AM »

Nice surprise  :cheers:

USF loss to AL was a win imo..AL will rank lower

Eagler

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline shotgunneeley

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2023, 09:57:19 AM »
One of those years where anybody can beat anybody. Being a top-tiered team lasts  only as long as the next darkhorse. Like K said to J in Men in Black, skills mean precisely nothing.

BYU deserved the win against us. They outperformed us and didn’t buckle when we shot out to a 14-0 lead. Bleh play calling, our front line getting whipped, too many costly mistakes and penalties. Never fails if we are good there is always someone in the SEC better or if the rest of the SEC is struggling we still have to struggle harder.

:cheers: To the tenth year of low expectations - huzzah!
"Lord, let us feel pity for Private Jenkins, and sorrow for ourselves, and all the angel warriors that fall. Let us fear death, but let it not live within us. Protect us, O Lord, and be merciful unto us. Amen"-from FALLEN ANGELS by Walter Dean Myers

Game ID: ShtGn (Inactive), Squad: 91st BG