Author Topic: Collage Football thread.  (Read 4614 times)

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
Re: Collage Football thread.
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2023, 10:09:30 AM »
I will forgive you this time for mistaking Florida for Florida State, but please never let that happen again.

I didn't confuse the teams. There was only one of the teams from Florida in that particular part of the conversation hence little possibility for confusion, at least on my part. How Florida of you to get confused however.  :D
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline RUSH1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2023, 02:57:12 PM »
I didn't confuse the teams. There was only one of the teams from Florida in that particular part of the conversation hence little possibility for confusion, at least on my part. How Florida of you to get confused however.  :D

Hmm, except it doesn't quite work like that. 
“Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.” - Ronald Reagan

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
« Reply #62 on: December 30, 2023, 04:42:00 PM »
Missouri has to get coach of the year? Tough game to watch unless you are a punter.  :devil  Impressed with the Ohio State defense. But how do you not give your back up QB more reps in practice? Especially with all the practice time before the game.  :headscratch:

Missouri will be even better next year it looks like.

Florida State is showing at the moment why they didn't get any respect in bowl selections.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 05:14:29 PM by Frodo »

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #63 on: December 30, 2023, 06:06:36 PM »
Not that I am a proponent of them being in the CFP, but hey did have like 30 something players unavailable for the game for one reason or another. I think if Travis didn't get hurt, the CFP committee would've absolutely considered them more seriously, but I think they rightfully excluded them considering the magnitude of an injury to the star QB. Sucks for the rest of the players, but the CFP isn't supposed to be teams who "deserve" to be there. It's supposed to be the best 4 teams, period.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CAV

• Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: December 31, 2023, 12:23:09 PM »

The FBS currently has ten conferences, you win your conference, your in the play off.  All others get to watch. Thats the playoff system I would like to see.

It will never happen... but that is the fairest way to do it.

CAV
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG301

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #65 on: December 31, 2023, 01:02:31 PM »
Should go by record..

Strength in scheduling games is another matter entirely

Yes FSU would have been a blow out...just like the bulldogs gave them but so be it..at least they would have been given the chance they earned going undefeated the entire season..

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #66 on: December 31, 2023, 06:03:31 PM »
They should definitely factor in strength of schedule.

Otherwise, it is best to schedule as many lower-division and weak teams as possible.  Which is not fun to watch.

I'd like to see an elo-type system for ranking.

Up to now, it has mostly been record with strength of schedule figuring in only secondarily.

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: December 31, 2023, 07:35:33 PM »
I think a top 8 tournament makes the most sense. Since you really can't have a lot of games. 3 final games for each team wouldn't be so bad. Plus it would add an extra game in potentially to avoid the 3 weeks of downtown. What I don't particularly like are teams who lose a lot of players during this time to trades and pro so the games aren't necessarily representative of their season, which can be disappointing for fans. A layman isn't going to understand that FSU is missing a bunch of players which created an even bigger discrepancy in skill.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: January 01, 2024, 07:54:58 PM »
Great game and win for Michigan! I'm glad they beat Bama. Certainly have a great shot and winning it all.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: January 01, 2024, 09:14:20 PM »
Son-in-law from Montana is a Griz fan. Daughter took this at the last game and they are coming to Frisco Texas for the game on Jan 7th. Amazing view.

https://ibb.co/V29bT79
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: January 01, 2024, 10:13:53 PM »

I will be interested to see the Vols vs. Iowa.  Iowa is such a strange outlier, I'm curious how it will go.

That was always going to be a blow out, even with Joe out.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2024, 05:19:33 AM »
That was always going to be a blow out, even with Joe out.

It sure was a blow out.

Iowa has zero (or almost zero) offense, but usually a very good defense.  I figured Iowa would get maybe 10 points max.  I was curious to see the Vols offense vs. Iowa defense.  Vols looked great.

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2024, 05:22:34 AM »
Both the Michigan/Alabama and the Washington/Texas games were exciting to the finish.

Since I'm a Wolverine who lived near Seattle and has family who are Huskies fans, I'm happy to see Michigan vs. Washington in the Championship.

I of course hope that my beloved Wolverines win.

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2024, 08:46:55 AM »
Both match up lived up to most ppl expectations, except SEC clowns.  Glad that to see Michigan  finally made it after +20 years(?).   And I do not think Washington never had an NC appearance.   I am sure I am wrong, so somebody correct me.

Leaning towards Washington to win, never less, we will see a great game.

Funny thought about this year CFP.   One team from SEC, other will joined the SEC next year.   One team from BIG10, the other will joined the BIG10 next year. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2024, 01:25:10 PM »
*nvm
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||