Author Topic: AH Game Development Question  (Read 1431 times)

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
AH Game Development Question
« on: September 08, 2023, 06:53:16 PM »
Hi all,

I was encouraged by a few in-game friends to pop in and say hello.  So, I've been banging around in AH lately and noticed a couple of newer game changes, namely the auto-side assigning.

This may be a question only Dale can answer, and I know he's had a rough summer (hope he's doing well), but are bugs and changes still being worked on in AH

Basically, I'm wondering if it is worthwhile to still post bugs and/or wishlist items.

My best to any of you who remember me; I hope you are all still having fun in AH!  I'll try not to pop you with the 88 (too much) while I am using my limited skills playing with a mouse and KB.  :)

<S>
KP
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
Re: AH Game Development Question
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2023, 10:10:10 PM »
Good to see you again Kingpin.  :aok

The only "bug" I know of  is the 3 story building being accessed by gv's, if you know the trick. As far as I know nothing has been done about to date. But to be fair, it will not be an easy fix, from what I can see.

As far as changes, the closest items you'll see, are new skins and new maps. Dale is running the show by himself now, so I doubt we will see any new aircraft or vehicles.

Would love to see you back in the game, and maybe give me some pointers on the 88's. :devil
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2023, 11:41:06 PM »
Great seeing you bud.  :cheers:

Not much in the way of development that can be seen.  :joystick:

I think most are hoping to see hitech get back on that horse when he gets things settled down in his life.

:salute
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2023, 12:24:36 AM »
Aside from player community skins being added occasionaly, there is no game developement taking place.  From a development perspective, this game is dead.

"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2023, 12:35:10 AM »
Dale already stated that he is not going to invest anymore time to progress this game.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline TryHard

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2023, 01:44:52 AM »
Dale already stated that he is not going to invest anymore time to progress this game.

Coogan

This is a damn shame :(

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2023, 01:50:57 AM »
This is a damn shame :(

I agree.  I would like to see this game continue on for a long time.

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2023, 04:12:37 AM »
I agree.  I would like to see this game continue on for a long time.

Coogan
"Dale already stated that he is not going to invest anymore time to progress this game."?  Where did you hear/see that? I am right there with you.  I would like to see this game continue. " I spend more time with you Fellers, than I do with Blood Kin :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2023, 07:01:44 AM »
Without development,  low numbers and too large of maps it's still the best $15 a month I spend

Get vr and have a blast!

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2023, 08:22:00 AM »
Without development,  low numbers and too large of maps it's still the best $15 a month I spend

Get vr and have a blast!

Eagler

Yep, I agree. It’s a shame Dale doesn’t have any help, and it’s sad to think about this game dying one day.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2023, 08:26:54 AM »

Coogan

I would like to know where you saw hitech say that.
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2023, 09:03:33 AM »
I would like to know where you saw hitech say that.

He posted it on the Home Page some time ago.

Coogan
Game Id's:

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2023, 09:03:54 AM »
Yep, I agree. It’s a shame Dale doesn’t have any help, and it’s sad to think about this game dying one day.

Everything dies eventually.  AH has had an incredibly unique product life cycle.  It's maintained a following long past when other games would have gone kaput.  Especially after all meaningful development has apparently stopped for years.

However, as long as it is acceptable to you as-is at the current moment, I don't think it's going anywhere for a while.  The population has reached a floor.  The rate of loss seems to have flattened considerably.  Those who are left are lifers so further decline is gated by player mortality.

And at this point there is no reason for him to shut it down.  There are no further costs to cut.  Even if he had to go out and find a job, just leave it running in a closet.

I hope it continues for a long time, not for the Melee, but for the Scenarios.  That is a unique experience that still has not been duplicated elsewhere.  It would be a loss to the sim world for that candle to go out.  If nothing else but as a example that newer sims should look to, and a goal to aim for.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2023, 09:29:23 AM »
He posted it on the Home Page some time ago.

Coogan
No, he didn't.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2023, 10:22:02 AM »
I'd love to buy AH and keep it going. A pipe dream of mine. I'd just need to hire a coader. Wouldn't change much. I'd fix match play, remove some maps and continue to add new ones, and adjust radar back to where it was, but just make it harder to take down radar, and perhaps adjust some other things like the clipboard without tabs on the online selection screen, and ask for help from the community. Id probably add other payment options like $50 packages or other marketing incentives, something like that. Promote special events much harder. That being said, this game doesn't have to die. Infact one commercial on a mainstream channel would be a huge boost id recon, even in the short term. Very little people in the grandscheme have heard of this game. Hitech could possibly eventually put this game into a free to play list with those hundreds of other classic games, or something like that so it stays available for ever. I don't know how that works but it could be a possibility.

Still a very fun game to play and still better than WT and IL2 IMO for its own reasons.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion