Author Topic: SHOW me another game..!  (Read 6568 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
Re: SHOW me another game..!
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2023, 04:09:20 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

(Image removed from quote.)

Don't blame me...........    he asked

Oh, well if it's going to be like that...;) 

(Not all flyable models.  Some AI.  Some flyable mods.  Marianas map as stand in for Vietnam.  I hope we get that map with the coming F-4)
Phenom makes the best vids.  A thing or two to be learned there.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2023, 07:00:06 PM »
IMO, any “sim” that uses AI in a “main arena” isn’t worth the bother. Scripted/staged battles is like watching tv re-runs. Like playing half-life again. It gets old real fast.

If its not spontaneous its a plastic factory.

None of these other games rate high on fun, or “a blast”.

They can go full detail because they don’t have many in any one server to worry about data flow. Ya also need a beast machine to run them.

HT can crank up the detail anytime he doesn't mind it requiring faster machines to run it, such as trees, haze, con trails, etc.  Ya dump 200-300 players in some of these other holy grail sims and their detail is going to have issues. It's called balanced.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 07:22:46 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #32 on: September 24, 2023, 08:55:50 PM »
Thanks for the info Brooke. A lifetime has happened since 2005. I wonder how the game has evolved based on your summary.

I don't know.  But they don't have scenarios, as only Aces High has those.  My flying is mainly in scenarios, and nothing else comes close for me.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2023, 10:54:29 PM by Brooke »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #33 on: September 24, 2023, 09:43:44 PM »
I don't know.  But they don't have scenarios, as only Air Warrior has those.  My flying is mainly in scenarios, and nothing else comes close for me.

You meant Aces High?
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: September 24, 2023, 10:54:52 PM »
You meant Aces High?

Lol!  Yes.  I fixed it.  Thanks, Animl.  :aok

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: September 24, 2023, 11:11:18 PM »
Show me anohter game such as this one that I've been playing for the past 20 years! (YIKES) dam I feel old saying that!

Show me another game that is similar to this one Aces High where I've made over the years some  very good personal friends!... I'll start off with gettiing to know Mars01! This man showed me how it was to really fly an airplane and actually teaching me to fly his true to life Pitts where it became day after day of him beating me to hell and back in his Pitts and showing me what 4-5g's really feels like in real life... I haven't had any similar experience in any online game and gained real life friends to where I would even get stupid drunk at the coolest places like "Woods Pitt" and never leave this wing joint sober!

Mars, Slapshot, Icer, Badboy!!!
I can only thank you Dale  for creating this Kindom that I played 100+ hours in a month tour and would do this tour after Tour!

Thanks! 

<S> Morph

23 years. Blink of an eye. So many good people known on here and IRL. Lost many of them over the years to old age, cancer, and just…life. Some of the dearest friends one could have.

A few come to mind: Dukemskt, Betty, Colombo, Earl…

God Earl, he could tell a story whether about flying in the B-29 over Korea or buzzing his girlfriends and later wife’s house.

So many great people.

To absent friends.

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: September 24, 2023, 11:58:48 PM »
So many great people.

To absent friends.

<S>!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: September 25, 2023, 07:08:33 AM »
23 years. Blink of an eye. So many good people known on here and IRL. Lost many of them over the years to old age, cancer, and just…life. Some of the dearest friends one could have.

God Earl, he could tell a story whether about flying in the B-29 over Korea or buzzing his girlfriends and later wife’s house.

So many great people.

To absent friends.

One of my biggest regrets in AH is never having flown in a bomber group mission led by Earl.  I understand he added a LOT of authenticity to every aspect of the flights.

:salute

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: September 25, 2023, 07:30:23 AM »

...So many great people.

To absent friends.

Dukemskt was part of the Musketeer Escadrille in AH which was from the FA Musketeer Escadrille squad back in my squad days..

Helped him with a website for his AH simcade he had setup for a while

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 26, 2023, 07:01:43 AM »
One of my biggest regrets in AH is never having flown in a bomber group mission led by Earl.  I understand he added a LOT of authenticity to every aspect of the flights.

:salute

Intercepting Pand, Earl and the other Devil Dogs in my German Iron (although rare due to the timezone difference) were a high point in my time flying AH.

Players could still gather to attempt these missions these days, though on a smaller scale.
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2023, 07:57:34 AM »
I gotta say, between 2008 and 2015 when I racked up huge hours of game time, I have never seen this guy fly.
One in my position would easily come to the conclusion that the delusional and unstable fantasist Animl had got another account under his control? :neener:

Morpheus flew steadily with the BK's prior to a severe motorcycle accident, which nearly cost him his life. His thought patterns & memory may have suffered as well. Cut the guy a little slack.

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2023, 09:41:49 PM »
WWII Online has a lot more depth, I have played AH for over 10 years and WWII Online for the past year or two on and off. I still love this game but
I am not going attack this game like some people do I wanted to have my say in here

I will admit that it has been more than a few years since I played WWIIOL.  What I remembered clearly is:  Strategic Bombing (going for research delay which is the only thing then) happened a lot in the early game, but in mid it died down quite a bit, and in late it was non-existent (for obvious reasons).  I asked more than a few times and the response was almost entirely the same:  Everything has been "researched", there is nothing else.  Bombers were relegated to tactical sorties in late game and I am not sure about you, but I VERY RARELY saw bombers flown outside of this in late game, and the ones I did see were alone or with one other.  It all boiled down to the FPS part in late that I've seen, a meat grinder.  It came down to who's command could juggle better.

AH it is 24/7.  For example: At any point I can hamper the ability for one side to take bases (at least on our front) by hitting the training facility, then proceed to hit the barracks at various bases along the front (or hell freezes over and there is coordination).  It took a LARGE amount of time (I don't do bomb'n'bail), but it is most certainly possible.  Unless the "factory" is brought back up, resupplying the fields is just a band aid on a gunshot wound since downtimes were quite high.

And yes, I am aware that forces did deplete in WWIIOL, but only Command had the ability to swap them around to keep fresh units on the front.

So how exactly does WWIIOL compare?  That being said...

You mentioned changes that were made.  What changes did they make that would put it on par with AH's strategic ability?

Note: I am not harping on WWIIOL.  I enjoyed it a fair bit, but it is not my "cup of tea".  It lacked the strategic side I find in AH, so I dropped it.  Not going to lie, I have been tempted to check it out again recently to see what has been going on.
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 29, 2023, 04:11:55 PM »
Oh, well if it's going to be like that...;) 

(Not all flyable models.  Some AI.  Some flyable mods.  Marianas map as stand in for Vietnam.  I hope we get that map with the coming F-4)
Phenom makes the best vids.  A thing or two to be learned there.

Speaking of the Phantom II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO9mDV7ZkVk
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.

Online Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 29, 2023, 05:23:25 PM »
Speaking of the Phantom II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VO9mDV7ZkVk

We will need Puma44 to evaluate the flight model for us.

- oldman

Offline AKIron

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 29, 2023, 05:30:00 PM »

We will need Puma44 to evaluate the flight model for us.

- oldman

Based on some purported real life Tomcat pilots have said with what Heatblur did with that I expect it will be pretty close. Much closer than any other F-4 sim to date.
Here we put salt on Margaritas, not sidewalks.