Author Topic: "No Active Speakers Were Found. Sounds Are Disabled."  (Read 2204 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: "No Active Speakers Were Found. Sounds Are Disabled."
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2023, 01:05:51 PM »
Here are some screenshots of what I have to change to get the sound to work in the MA.   It only SOMETIMES fixes the issue and then only for a single login.

CLICK TO ENLARGE IF NECESSARY.

The next login I have to to the reverse and select the PREVIOUS speaker option.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2023, 01:09:42 PM by Vraciu »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2023, 04:54:26 PM »
I tried a full reinstall of the game.  No dice.   Finally I did reinstalled updated drivers from the Motherboard OEM site.  So far so good.

If you don't know your board type and are using it for sound:

Hit the Windows + R keys on your keyboard to open Run. Type msinfo32 into the text box and click OK.

Select System Summary in the left panel. Information about your motherboard is listed next to the following three headings: BaseBoard Manufacturer. BaseBoard Product.
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2023, 07:33:21 PM »
Well, that didn't work.   The error is back.

I am exasperated.

:bhead
”KILLER V”

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2023, 09:48:32 PM »
To me it sounds like a windows issue. The game gets its sound options FROM windows. If there is nothing available then windows isnt reporting the sound options.

Another thing, years ago I seem to remember Skuzzy saying sound issues can be attributed to connections issues. Sound is on a different setup than the rest of the game. Not sure how it is setup, but sound becomes secondary to the rest of the game when it comes to connection.

As for solutions...... sorry I have nothing. Has your connection changed recently, or when this issue has cropped up? Windows updates are the devil. I never let them automatically update. I wait, and research updates before I let them install. If there are too many reports of issues with an update, I just wont install it. I try not to fix things that are NOT broken.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2023, 11:05:21 PM »
Agree with Fugi. I windows updated and also updated my RTX 2060 driver the day I had the issue and it was after playing for three hours too. I am using Win11 so my best guess is it’s a recent windows update that was dropped to both win 10 and 11. Is that possible? I have not had the issue since the one time.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2023, 08:21:15 AM »
Do you have sound enabled with your video card drivers? Could be an issue there possibly
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2023, 10:56:06 AM »
Good thoughts all.    Thank you.

So....   I have a Samsung monitor that receives sound but does not have speakers.  My other monitor is a VX238 with speakers.

My original setup had the standalone speakers connected directly to the motherboard speaker jack.   Worked great for years until about two weeks ago.

First thing I did was reinstall AH3.    Worked fine for the first game launch and entry into the MA.   Error came back on the second launch of the game.

Second step was to reinstall MB sound drivers.   Same result as above.

Lastly I tried plugging my speakers in through the Samsung monitor.   Same result as above.

I've disabled all the other sound options in various ways trying to isolate them so they aren't seen but the result is the same.

Short of reinstalling Windows or buying new speakers I'm out of ideas.

”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2023, 12:26:12 PM »
Do you have sound enabled with your video card drivers? Could be an issue there possibly

Maybe.  But even when I disable everything but onboard sound it still does the same thing.
”KILLER V”

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2023, 01:21:49 PM »
I've read about replacing the dedicated audio drivers (usually Realtek) to built-in Windows HD Audio drivers to be a solution. Worth trying at least. Just go into the Device Manager and delete the audio device, remember to check the box for removing the drivers as well. Reboot and you should have the Windows drivers installed.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2023, 02:16:23 PM »
Start rolling back windows updates and I bet you will find the one that whacked it maybe.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline GasTeddy

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: October 30, 2023, 02:50:49 PM »
I've read about replacing the dedicated audio drivers (usually Realtek) to built-in Windows HD Audio drivers to be a solution. Worth trying at least. Just go into the Device Manager and delete the audio device, remember to check the box for removing the drivers as well. Reboot and you should have the Windows drivers installed.

I have Windows drivers, version 10.0.19041.1, dated 06/12/2019. Voice via 43' HDTV. Tried standalone speakers connected directly to the motherboard speaker jack. Same results. What I find very weird is that problem exists only in MA, other arenas and offline work normally.
The Mad   CatMan!

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: October 30, 2023, 07:08:49 PM »

Well, those were what I had before so....   ????????   :bhead
”KILLER V”

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 30, 2023, 07:10:14 PM »
I have Windows drivers, version 10.0.19041.1, dated 06/12/2019. Voice via 43' HDTV. Tried standalone speakers connected directly to the motherboard speaker jack. Same results. What I find very weird is that problem exists only in MA, other arenas and offline work normally.

Same here.

Start rolling back windows updates and I bet you will find the one that whacked it maybe.

Yeah maybe so.    Ugh.
”KILLER V”

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #43 on: October 31, 2023, 01:40:45 AM »
Well, those were what I had before so....   ????????   :bhead
And now you have similar issues with the <Brand> drivers?

That's a good piece of advice, given that the issues started in the near past. Instead of uninstalling updates one by one I'd rather do a rollback using System Restore if it's available. For some reason it seems to have been off by default at some time point. Anyhow, if there's restore points available, roll back preferably behind the date when you noticed the issue. And even if the available dates are younger, going back as far as you can will reduce the amount of updates to be uninstalled.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Drane

• Nickel Member
« Reply #44 on: October 31, 2023, 06:55:10 AM »
Actually I noticed this update or last Windows updated my realtek drivers for sound and LAN even though I have hardware driver updates switched off???? Silly windows.

You may want to check the installed windows updates to see if audio drivers were updated recently.

If so, then try installing the latest motherboard audio driver from motherboard or computer support website.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2023, 07:03:05 AM by Drane »
92 Squadron RAF - Aut pugna aut morere - 'Either fight or die'