Author Topic: Reverb G2 Frames Rate Mysteriously Tanked  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: Reverb G2 Frames Rate Mysteriously Tanked
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2023, 08:06:34 PM »
You’re a fighter pilot, you should be used to unintentional actions occurring without any intentional action on your part!  :devil

I am, I am!  Just frustrating bumping into myself all the time.🥴

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2023, 11:03:55 AM »
To me they look just like some red bleeding through the yellow...

First thing to test is to change the size of the buffer text. Some sizes just don't scale as good as others.

Another thing to test is to slightly change the colour of Event messages. Same reason, some hues just don't play well.

Increased the size of the text buffer slightly and that got rid of the red cross hatching.  Plus, made it easier to read.  Double win!  Thanks for the suggestion!  :salute

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2023, 11:01:54 AM »
Found the issue: drivers.  After checking both the headset and 3080 on the device manager, went to the Nvidia app, pecked around and found an option for clean reinstall of the drivers.  Did that and the frames rates in VR are now running normally.  Apparently, one of the last updates dropped something nasty in the punch bowl, cause the low frame rates.

Online BigR

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2023, 02:15:04 PM »
From one week to another with a four day pause in use, Nvidia driver update, frame rates have dumped from a consistent 70s - 80s, to 15s - 25s with constant screen jitters.  The 3080 has run with perfection after numerous updates.  Not sure if the most recent once is the cause, or something else is going on.  Planning on reinstalling the graphics card drivers today as a first step. Any ideas?

Additionally, this red cross hatching has started appearing in the text buffer.

pic uploads

Another thing to watch out for with this headset is that if you go to 2d mode and go afk for a prolonged period, when you come back the frame rate will tank and you will need to quit out of Steam, Steam VR and Windows Mixed Reality, then open them back up and relaunch AH.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2023, 10:23:27 AM »
Another thing to watch out for with this headset is that if you go to 2d mode and go afk for a prolonged period, when you come back the frame rate will tank and you will need to quit out of Steam, Steam VR and Windows Mixed Reality, then open them back up and relaunch AH.

Thanks!  Didn’t realize that could happen.  Another “I don’t know what I don’t know” item.   :salute

Online SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2023, 12:03:29 PM »
If I go into 2d for maybe 5 minutes my text boxes will be minimized and stuck up to the ceiling needing reconfigured. To not have this happen when I am afk I put a lens cleaner over the sensor making the headset go back to 3D and then remove when back and everything is as I left it.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2023, 04:57:10 AM »
With the frame rate mystery solved, any ideas on the red hatch marks on the text that appears on the “EVENT” text lines?  It’s been showing up for the last couple of weeks.

Are you using Challenger's last sound pak?   I do, and get these messages on the regular!
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2023, 09:41:39 AM »
Are you using Challenger's last sound pak?   I do, and get these messages on the regular!

Yes but, they’ve never been visible until the frame rate issue appeared.  Increasing the size of font resolved it.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2023, 05:04:15 AM »
Yes but, they’ve never been visible until the frame rate issue appeared.  Increasing the size of font resolved it.
Got ya! A month or so ago, Reaper24 posted a mission. Dieter and I noticed, with he Clipboard open to that sign in window...frs were in the teens. Close clipboard..back to normal. Then all the sudden...it never happened again.  Yeah, not very many Missions have been posted since then...but it hasnt happened since?  Next day..I had 12 Drivers needing updates, per my Driver Easy app, so...?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain