Author Topic: a Request  (Read 1933 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
a Request
« on: November 04, 2023, 01:44:09 PM »
Could HTC delegate to someone the ability to reset tour on the second day of a new month? We have a recurring problem with getting new tour starting on time. What's to be done when Dale cannot do it for whatever reason.
AkCaine

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: a Request
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 02:08:46 PM »
Not worry about score?
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 02:22:34 PM »
Not worry about score?
you mean there is a score here?? Lol
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2023, 03:54:04 PM »
Wow, he made it four days!!!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2023, 04:17:15 PM »
Kidding aside, Caine's request doesn't seem unreasonable.  I wonder if reseting scores for a new tour could be automated somehow?

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2023, 06:01:48 PM »
It means nothing who cares. You’re still #1 at cv hoarding.  :D I bet most don’t even know how to comprehend the scoring. 

I certainly don’t even know how to interpret most of it. Wtf is my bombing percentage of 4.284829475827? I mean I know it’s not like lol.

I wish it tallied up the number of objects you destroy. Like hangers, bunkers etc…
« Last Edit: November 04, 2023, 07:01:59 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2023, 06:18:08 PM »
Kidding aside, Caine's request doesn't seem unreasonable.  I wonder if reseting scores for a new tour could be automated somehow?

Hitech said he could do t, but its a lot of work.

1 run script
2 announce arena
3 reset
4 run script

5 run ranker
6 run script to archive and it updates web page.

To automate those steps is a lot of work.

HiTech

Ironically its in this thread where he said it.

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,399907.msg5301461.html#msg5301461

I love the title of the thread  :devil

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2023, 09:18:02 PM »
Paying attention doe$ matter.

Even if $mall.
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 09:05:04 AM »
Could HTC delegate to someone the ability to reset tour on the second day of a new month? We have a recurring problem with getting new tour starting on time. What's to be done when Dale cannot do it for whatever reason.

What is considered "on time"?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2023, 12:54:30 PM »
What is considered "on time"?
[/quote
           Tour is supposed to start first day of the month. So, I would say whatever time scores reset on the first.
AkCaine

Offline Tracerfi

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2023, 01:04:22 PM »
Wow, he made it four days!!!
I expected him to make a thread as soon as the clock turned over to November 1st. It is almost like he could call HTC and inquire about it instead of clogging up the forums with this.
You cannot beat savages by becoming one.

He who must not be named

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2023, 02:33:22 PM »
I expected him to make a thread as soon as the clock turned over to November 1st. It is almost like he could call HTC and inquire about it instead of clogging up the forums with this.

....which of course would be a great "reminder" for Hitech.   :P

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2023, 02:36:29 PM »
I want him to tell us why it matters
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2023, 04:19:50 PM »
I want him to tell us why it matters

I think it's just another way to play the game. Personally I like to track my numbers. Not so much against other players, but to me, month after month. Adding days or weeks to one tour not only messes up the tour, but also shortens up the he next month throwing off my graphs.

I like to track my kill to deaths, and my hit percentage. Is it the end of the world when it gets delayed, no but it does mess up a part of the game up for me.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2023, 06:37:31 PM »
I think it's just another way to play the game. Personally I like to track my numbers. Not so much against other players, but to me, month after month. Adding days or weeks to one tour not only messes up the tour, but also shortens up the he next month throwing off my graphs.

I like to track my kill to deaths, and my hit percentage. Is it the end of the world when it gets delayed, no but it does mess up a part of the game up for me.

Ok sure but if you’re doing all that you can formulate your way out of it.