Author Topic: The Curse of Oak Island.  (Read 1387 times)

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: The Curse of Oak Island.
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2023, 03:00:59 PM »
Commercial breaks back then were shorter too. A 30 minute block during a series will have over 1/3 of it's time for commercials. Its noticeable when you watched a show previously on TV before and watch it again now you will remember that there are parts that were cut out
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 03:02:39 PM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2023, 07:17:43 PM »
Most "reality-based " tv trash these days is exactly this in one form or another..and ppl are gullible enough to swallow and follow this junk..

Eagler

I always said the same thing about American Pickers.  I loved the show, but most of that crap had to be planted, too.
-=Most Wanted=-
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

||||||||

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2023, 06:05:22 AM »
I always said the same thing about American Pickers.  I loved the show, but most of that crap had to be planted, too.

I read somewhere from either one of the show staff or someone they visited in the past that a good part of their finds were actually planted to increase ratings. Otherwise it would be a very drawn out and boring show with opening a barn and "nope, all worthless junk. We are leaving."

Show would of otherwise been cancelled halfway through the first season if they wouldnt of had any good action
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 06:07:04 AM by Meatwad »
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women