Author Topic: Master of the Air miniseries, 8th AF action, and the next Scenario  (Read 3686 times)

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
Re: Master of the Air miniseries, 8th AF action, and the next Scenario
« Reply #45 on: January 03, 2024, 10:31:25 PM »
anybody takes my pony I"ll kill ya  :t :t :t :t

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #46 on: January 03, 2024, 10:46:53 PM »
Was wondering how many total pilots will be allowed in this one?

Seems to me the cork should come off the bottle if it fills up quickly. Just a thought
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2024, 12:04:58 PM »
Put a post in the IL2 forum for other sims. 13 views in the first 20 min lol. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/86954-aces-high-iii-%E2%80%9Cbig-week%E2%80%9D-scenario-feb-3rd-mar-2nd/

I am going to blast it on a few Reddit subs as we get closer. I did link to events page in a discussion thread in the IL2 reddit though.
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2024, 12:09:22 PM »
Put a post in the IL2 forum for other sims. 13 views in the first 20 min lol. https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic/86954-aces-high-iii-%E2%80%9Cbig-week%E2%80%9D-scenario-feb-3rd-mar-2nd/

I am going to blast it on a few Reddit subs as we get closer. I did link to events page in a discussion thread in the IL2 reddit though.

Appreciate it  :cheers:

A couple things to maybe correct - "continuing on Saturdays through...", and isn't really centered around Big Week as that was in Feb 44 - this is more so the bombing campaign in late 44 leading to the end of the war. No particular name for it I don't think, just don't want people to get the wrong idea of planeset timeframe.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 12:23:02 PM by Spikes »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2024, 12:20:33 PM »

Make sure you hit Hoggit.
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #50 on: January 04, 2024, 12:40:31 PM »
Appreciate it  :cheers:

A couple things to maybe correct - "continuing on Saturdays through...", and isn't really centered around Big Week as that was in Feb 44 - this is more so the bombing campaign in late 44 leading to the end of the war. No particular name for it I don't think, just don't want people to get the wrong idea of planeset timeframe.

Noted for future thank you. I made sure to put the B17 in the post because I’ve learned that IL2 players are pissed they have no four engine bombers to fly lol. Apparently it was not possible with whatever physics engines they use or something like that… but they are closing in on it for the coming years.

« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 12:53:05 PM by Dadtallica »
Back in 2022 after a loooooong break from 2010. Old name Ratpack, same for the BBS.

Squad I did the most tours with were the Excaliburs then The 172nd Rabid Dogs. Still trying to talk Illigaf, Coola, Oldman22, and Joecrow into coming back instead of being boring old farts!

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2024, 12:57:19 PM »
Noted for future thank you. I made sure to put the B17 in the post because I’ve learned that IL2 players are pissed they have no four engine bombers to fly lol. Apparently it was not possible with whatever physics engines they use or something like that… but they are closing in on it for the coming year.

DCS doesn't have any either, and a lot have clamored for a playable B-17 for years, so that would be an important differentiator to identify to all the DCS folks on Hoggit.  Plays off a know pain point.

I think HT should create a special MotA 1 month trial period bookended around the event.  Open the event up to trial players as a special case.  You won't often ever see WWII aviation moive tie-in possibility to a lot of people watching and getting the itch.  You might not see another one in AH's life span.  I wouldn't waste this once in a decade opportunity with half measures.  Especially if you have a flyable B17\multi-crew and the other competitors don't.

Carpe Diem.

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2024, 01:17:38 PM »
DCS doesn't have any either, and a lot have clamored for a playable B-17 for years, so that would be an important differentiator to identify to all the DCS folks on Hoggit.  Plays off a know pain point.

I think HT should create a special MotA 1 month trial period bookended around the event.  Open the event up to trial players as a special case.  You won't often ever see WWII aviation moive tie-in possibility to a lot of people watching and getting the itch.  You might not see another one in AH's life span.  I wouldn't waste this once in a decade opportunity with half measures.  Especially if you have a flyable B17\multi-crew and the other competitors don't.

Carpe Diem.

Never played DCS and don’t plan too. I will let someone who plays it speak there.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: January 04, 2024, 01:23:44 PM »
Never played DCS and don’t plan too. I will let someone who plays it speak there.

Reddit's r\Hoggit is a DCS centric, but not limited forum. 

It is THE venue for combat flight sims discussion.  If you don't post there, You're missing your potential target audience.

There are BMS, IL2, WT pilots there too.

[Edit]  If it were me, I'd do an additional vid really playing up the internal view of combat from inside the B-17.  Highlights an advantage AH has that the other sims catch currently match.

Cockpit, clipboard navigation, gunner positions, bombardier station.  All the things bomber fan's can't get in IL2 or DCS currently.

Like this. ;)

« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 01:31:18 PM by CptTrips »

Offline Dadtallica

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: January 04, 2024, 01:51:55 PM »
Reddit's r\Hoggit is a DCS centric, but not limited forum. 

It is THE venue for combat flight sims discussion.  If you don't post there, You're missing your potential target audience.

There are BMS, IL2, WT pilots there too.

[Edit]  If it were me, I'd do an additional vid really playing up the internal view of combat from inside the B-17.  Highlights an advantage AH has that the other sims catch currently match.

Cockpit, clipboard navigation, gunner positions, bombardier station.  All the things bomber fan's can't get in IL2 or DCS currently.

Like this. ;)

Looks you got it under control!

I’m only posting in places I know would accept it.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 04, 2024, 02:08:01 PM »
I’m only posting in places I know would accept it.

Shrug. That's your call.

Good luck.  Hope you get some interest.

:airplane:

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Animl - YouTube
« Reply #56 on: January 04, 2024, 02:47:50 PM »
We all predicted the dcs invasion on anything AH good.

We all know what he’s about, what is it 5 mentions now? Its like a fungus.

Even a Scenario announcement hijacked.
Make a new thread, let this one scroll

Don’t worry they/he can’t hijack my page. Ha!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2024, 02:56:52 PM by Animl-AW »
Master of the Air Scenario Video
https://youtu.be/rQiA2yMiZf0?si=QZEvHGf1Le0YlaHf

Animl's Windows 11 Gaming Tweaks
https://imgur.com/oEtVMfP[/

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: January 04, 2024, 02:57:29 PM »
We all predicted the dcs invasion on anything AH good.

We all know what he’s about, what is it 5 mentions now? Its like a fungus.

Even a Scenario announcement hijacked.
Make a new thread, let this one scroll

Don’t worry they/he can’t hijack my page. Ha!

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2024, 03:07:22 PM »

Carpe Diem.

Wish he would do this, ASAP.   And then just leave at a one free month after the scenario.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: January 04, 2024, 03:09:37 PM »
Wish he would do this, ASAP.   And then just leave at a one free month after the scenario.

Yep.  At first pitch it as a one time special thing that way you aren't locked in.

Then based off that experience strongly consider leaving it that way if it looks more productive.