Author Topic: AH Film to YouTube  (Read 1301 times)

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
AH Film to YouTube
« on: February 04, 2024, 01:51:42 PM »
What’s the easiest way to clip AH films down to designated length and uploading them to YT? I searched the boards, but couldn’t find much helpful info. I’m also kinda stupid :D
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
Re: AH Film to YouTube
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2024, 02:26:24 PM »
What’s the easiest way to clip AH films down to designated length and uploading them to YT? I searched the boards, but couldn’t find much helpful info. I’m also kinda stupid :D

Very easiest way, just using “Chase” or “Use recorded views” in AHFV is to use Bandicam to capture the film playing in AH film viewer. Bandicut will allow you to make many cuts at once, join them together, and then upload it to YT. Others prefer other software, these are just what zi chose to get started in the fastest/easiest way. As a newbie that’s where I’d start.

Once you get this down you can expand on it infinitely with other more advanced software.

If you or Violator or anyone needs a walk-trough let me know. Others are willing as well.

I should make a video on this.

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2024, 04:05:38 PM »
Very easiest way, just using “Chase” or “Use recorded views” in AHFV is to use Bandicam to capture the film playing in AH film viewer. Bandicut will allow you to make many cuts at once, join them together, and then upload it to YT. Others prefer other software, these are just what zi chose to get started in the fastest/easiest way. As a newbie that’s where I’d start.

Once you get this down you can expand on it infinitely with other more advanced software.

If you or Violator or anyone needs a walk-trough let me know. Others are willing as well.

I should make a video on this.

I will try that. I’m just wanting raw footage I can share with some of my friends is all. Thank you!
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2024, 06:44:24 PM »
I will try that. I’m just wanting raw footage I can share with some of my friends is all. Thank you!

I think it's the easiest way for a beginner.
Just remember, BandiCam and Bandicut are separate apps. If it's not the quality you want, setting up the right codec can help. I've got Bandicam tweaked and still use it. I now do my editing and rendering in Vegas Pro 21.

Watch it, making good videos can be an addicting hobby. Basically because you can keep expanding. If you have VR, you're already a notch ahead of me.

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2024, 07:54:15 PM »
I downloaded Bandicam and cut to try it. Recorded an AH film full screen. Spliced a video together real quickly and uploaded it to YouTube easily. Only problem is the quality is just not there. Ugh.. I need to try that other download you sent me for the codec, but just don't have a clue about that stuff. I'll try with an Nvidia film, but I don't think the quality will be much better. So close....
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2024, 04:21:06 AM »
I downloaded Bandicam and cut to try it. Recorded an AH film full screen. Spliced a video together real quickly and uploaded it to YouTube easily. Only problem is the quality is just not there. Ugh.. I need to try that other download you sent me for the codec, but just don't have a clue about that stuff. I'll try with an Nvidia film, but I don't think the quality will be much better. So close....

Ok np you can re-do.
You prolly want to use the Lagarith codec and s cpl setting changes.
I’ll post them for ya when I get off work. Steely made me late lol
Good part, you have the basics down. Wtg!

My first sucked too. It will get much better.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 04:24:32 AM by Animl-AW »

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2024, 09:23:19 AM »
Ok np you can re-do.
You prolly want to use the Lagarith codec and s cpl setting changes.
I’ll post them for ya when I get off work. Steely made me late lol
Good part, you have the basics down. Wtg!

My first sucked too. It will get much better.
[/quote

Yeah that would be cool as I have no clue about Lagarith and how to use it.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2024, 06:10:10 PM »
The codec is easy, it just installs and you go to Bandicam in settings and set it to use external codec and select it. And that's that. There are setting tweaks to give more clarity. Lagarith is a lossless codec, so your videos will not degrade every time they are saved.

Since this was made I went back to 8-bit, which is default in settings. If someone decides to go 32-bit floating point, you may not see much difference, Use 8-bit for editing, 32-bit on last render only. Editing 8-bit seemed to have cleared up my sky banding issues. Not much gain with this stuff using 32-bit floating point

Lagarith Lossless Video Codec
https://lags.leetcode.net/codec.html

My Settings can be found here.
https://imgur.com/a/MHcdbcz
« Last Edit: February 05, 2024, 07:09:33 PM by Animl-AW »

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2024, 07:42:22 PM »
I'll put it this way.
If you can map your stick, you can do this. :)

Online DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2024, 09:04:02 PM »
Thanks man for the post and settings! I'll give that a shot when I have some time and see how it goes.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-

Offline HollyWood750

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2024, 06:25:44 PM »
Have you tried the NVIDIA recorder, Vio? I start the AH film viewer, go full screen and then start the nvidia recorder.  It's about the best quality I have found for my stuff.

HlyWd
« Last Edit: February 06, 2024, 06:27:55 PM by HollyWood750 »

Offline Banshee7

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2024, 07:58:19 PM »
Have you tried the NVIDIA recorder, Vio? I start the AH film viewer, go full screen and then start the nvidia recorder.  It's about the best quality I have found for my stuff.

HlyWd

I didn't even THINK of that.   :aok
Tours 86 - 296

Offline Animl-AW

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Tech Hangar
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2024, 08:22:46 PM »

I didn't even THINK of that.   :aok

There are various options, and a lot depends on how much you want to do with it.
Personally I won't do the full screen capture because I want access to the controls of AHFV while I screen capture. I run AHFV maximized, but not full screen and use a specific size rectangle to capture the window.

I tried the Nvidia thing,...  just wasn't fitting my style of doing things. If you're doing a straight in straight out video it's probably fine.

Bandicam has a setting to use Nvidia processing, which is what I use, combined with the Lagarith codec. It really depends on codecs available on your computer.

You'll get a different answer from anyone you talk to, everyone has found their owns ways that fit them best. I was just mentioning something to get yas kick-started. End result is, you're going to use a screen capture app. Some work straight out of the box and some need tweaking to get that clarity.

Offline Zacherof

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2024, 08:22:22 PM »
Is fraps not around anymore?
In game name Xacherof
USN Sea Bee
**ELITE**
I am a meat popsicle

Offline Professor_Fate

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2024, 08:48:43 PM »
I got bandicam&cut downloaded and selected Lagarith and set to Animl-AW's preferred settings.  But dang I recorded 7 minutes or so and it was a massive 24GB file.  How do I tone that file down some and still get a decent film quality? 
Jagdgeschwader 2 "Richthofen