Author Topic: Reggiane Re.2005, Fiat G.55, Smaller Maps  (Read 192 times)

Offline Propilot

• Zinc Member
Reggiane Re.2005, Fiat G.55, Smaller Maps
« on: February 29, 2024, 06:43:09 PM »
I know it’s not happening, but I’d love to see the Fiat G.55 and Reggiane Re.2005 in the game. They were arguably as good or better than the C.205. German wartime tests with these planes versus a Fw-190A and Bf-109G also proved that they were comparable and competitive.

Additionally, I think a few of the maps in the MA rotation are far too large for the current player base. There are times where two countries will be fighting, but a third will be left out, forcing players to switch sides if they want action. This is especially apparent on large maps. Less bases and smaller maps will bring everyone together, making more action for all players online. This could also make the times where there are only 40-80 players more enjoyable.

Let me know what you guys think!

-Propilot/AeroAce

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
Re: Reggiane Re.2005, Fiat G.55, Smaller Maps
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2024, 07:06:14 PM »
Well the new aircraft is out of the question, so I won't reply to that.

You are 100% correct about maps in most people's eyes.

Someone had the idea of having the bases basically randomized throughout the entire map, without actual fronts we currently have.  That idea as great as it is, Is probably as realistic as a new plane.

Everyone turn auto switch on. :rofl

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2024, 08:41:38 PM »
Well the new aircraft is out of the question, so I won't reply to that.

You are 100% correct about maps in most people's eyes.

Someone had the idea of having the bases basically randomized throughout the entire map, without actual fronts we currently have.  That idea as great as it is, Is probably as realistic as a new plane.

Everyone turn auto switch on. :rofl

Lazer, while that is doable, not sure how functional it would be. First thing that comes to mind is how you deal with the strats on a map like that. Then how do you structure the base layouts in such a manner and still maintain the equality between countries. I would be very interested in hearing any suggestions or ideas you might have.  :salute
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2024, 09:02:22 PM »
The Fiat G.55 has been asked for since back in 2001

https://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,27101.0.html

I agree that a couple maps should be taken out of rotation for being too large.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2024, 09:41:17 PM »
Lazer, while that is doable, not sure how functional it would be. First thing that comes to mind is how you deal with the strats on a map like that. Then how do you structure the base layouts in such a manner and still maintain the equality between countries. I would be very interested in hearing any suggestions or ideas you might have.  :salute

Sometimes you guys put the strats in groupings.. couldn't that be mixed up as well?   Like a bundle of strats far back but for all 3 teams in 3 different areas?

I'm sure the hoarders would get upset with anything that rocks their lopsided boat.

Just spitballin..