Author Topic: The Damned and Accounts  (Read 4433 times)

Offline Wolf

• Zinc Member
The Damned and Accounts
« on: March 29, 2024, 04:00:30 PM »
Im sorry but this ridiculous. Apparently several members of the Damned squad have multiple accounts. I'm not accusing them of cheating, as I've never seen them use them to spy. But my problem is their squad uses those accounts to switch sides purely to find dogfights, then they switch back to another country if a bigger fight ends up on another front.

It's bad enough that you have Skyrr with his magic energy-generating moves and judge with his laser-beam aim. And it's horrible enough that they wing together in the same squad with other skilled pilots like themselves. Its as much fun as dying repeatedly can be anyways. But now they switch to whatever side and furball wherever without any regard for anything else.

You cant predict where they will be, unlike other players that have 1 account. You have to constantly refresh the player roster. And if by the grace of God you land a hit on one of them or shoot them down, you know you're about to certainly die many times over as their squad hunts you down.

According to something said on 200, Judge and Skyrr already have almost 4000 kills between themselves this tour. Im sure this has nothing to do with accounts :rolleyes:

Is this type of gameplay allowed? Could someone clarify.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 04:02:59 PM by Wolf »
The one who cries the loudest are the alpha wannabees. They cry out because they aren't good enough to get the kills they feel they deserve unless delivered on a silver platter.

Offline mERv

• Silver Member
Re: The Damned and Accounts
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2024, 04:29:30 PM »
Dale has explicitly said that if you can't find a fight or have high eny to switch countries. Due to the limitations of side switch times your only option is to pay for other accounts. That is 100% allowed and encouraged by HTC. The rule is you are not allowed to have multiple accounts on different countries logged in at the same time.

Your issue... your gripe.... this is dumb. You can throw shade at the damned all you guys want but your issue is with Dale's decision on this. If you don't think this is fair why don't you try it? Come to the promised land and enjoy all the luxuries of having more than 1 account in AH :cheers:

Also you can just shoot them down no matter what account they are on :aok
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 04:38:20 PM by mERv »
"Its no problem to be the best, but to be so much better than the best is going to bring accusations." Haggarty
"Ever wonder why its always b-17s and B-24s. It allows him an extreme advantage over other players hence his bomber kill count, that and his lazer beam guns." Diaster

Offline ZE

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2024, 05:06:55 PM »
Wolf, I understand your concerns, but that's allowed in the game. Like mErv said, you can't be in different countries at the same time. Regarding the number of kills, - even though I'm not an expert - I believe they are just good pilots, working together many times; I have engaged them several times ( almost every time I die ), watched the movies and can't observed - with my limited expertise - any abnormal behavior of their planes or shots, which forces me to review my combat skills, be more careful and learn.   :salute
« Last Edit: March 29, 2024, 07:29:11 PM by ZE »

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2024, 05:45:56 PM »
Wolf, many of us know what bad behavior looks like.  Thank you for raising awareness.   

Also, do your best to not get caught up in useless arguments, as some may talk with positivity, it can come from nefarious or even naive points of view.

Some folks just try to cause trouble, and hide behind phrases such as looking to dogfight.  You'll know it when you see it. 

<S>
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2024, 07:56:00 PM »
Actually started watching more ACM videos around the web to get better after going against them the last few weeks. At least they want to fight and won't run.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2024, 09:14:26 PM »
Well....I certainly don't believe that members of a squad should be allowed to have multiple accounts for all 3 sides and allowed to usurp time switch rules by switching back and forth between accounts and countries within minutes. It really defeats the strategy aspect to the war. It promotes spying, unfair situational awareness, and used to target players by being able to track them no matter where they fight. Imagine how crappy the game would be if all squads did this. I don't believe it should be allowed.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2024, 10:01:34 PM »
I was actually surprised over the years at how many people have multiple accounts. I think there are many more then are admitted to. I've heard of guys running strat runs on one country from both of the other countries or report on country channel where the enemies CV groups are and such. It never bothered me as my style of play wasn't affected by this stuff for the most part.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2024, 06:23:37 AM »
Actually started watching more ACM videos around the web to get better after going against them the last few weeks. At least they want to fight and won't run.

This..

And if their multiple accounts help HT keep the lights on that much longer I am all for it

I am cheap as I have never had more than one account lol

Eagler
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2024, 07:47:06 AM »
Dale has explicitly said that if you can't find a fight or have high eny to switch countries. Due to the limitations of side switch times your only option is to pay for other accounts. That is 100% allowed and encouraged by HTC.

So, for $14.95 you can reduce the side switch time to 3 hours, and for $29.90 you can reduce it to 2 hours.  How much for unlimited ammo?   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2024, 12:27:48 PM »
So, for $14.95 you can reduce the side switch time to 3 hours, and for $29.90 you can reduce it to 2 hours.  How much for unlimited ammo?   :D

With three accounts side switch = 0 hours.   That's the point.   You don't get stuck on the side without a fight.  You can just swap to another login.

I approve.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2024, 01:55:40 PM »
With three accounts side switch = 0 hours.   That's the point.   You don't get stuck on the side without a fight.  You can just swap to another login.

I approve.

Only one of them trolls around under a shade and pretends they are someone they arent..  got any guesses?

Offline hazmatt

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2024, 02:55:37 PM »
Only one of them trolls around under a shade and pretends they are someone they arent..  got any guesses?
Silent AKA double00PKer?

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2024, 03:01:55 PM »

I approve.

So, the six hour side switch is just a marketing tool?
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2024, 04:46:59 PM »

More like an outdated nuisance.
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2024, 05:26:33 PM »

Just look at it as one of those "pay to upgrade" type thing. Pay and extra $15 a month and you dont have a switch time.