Author Topic: How do I set up Ah for vr?  (Read 401 times)

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
Re: How do I set up Ah for vr?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2024, 05:53:34 PM »
Got that working now.  I guess clicking on the lft mouse button while the dot is on it was the one thing I did not try.

For whatever reason, my Virpil buttons only somewhat work.  The throttle has the movable controls show up in AH but none of the buttons for some reason.  Configuring this thing is a squeak.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2024, 09:58:52 PM »
The Virpil  has a removable handle correct?  You havent flown in a while so maybe the connections between the handle and the base are crappy. Un screw the handle, clean the contacts with an electronics type cleaner. Worst comes to worst you can use a good grade of iso-pro alcohol. Be sure all conntacts are clean and all spring mounted pins/plates are free for movement and clean as well. Reconnect the stick to the base and tighten down and retest.

Button pushes are all in the handle, axises are all in the base except for rotaries and such that you might have on the handles.

Offline rabbidrabbit

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2024, 05:30:33 AM »
Thanks for the tips.  Yes the Virpil has a removable handle. That is how I fixed one problem.  The software requires you to connect then update the base first then add the stick to the base and update it then using the two, create a profile.  I initially put the two parts together and detected and went forward.  Now that I did them both in sequence the buttons now work.

On the throttle, the config software sees it and I could update it.  The 2 throttle and flaps sliders work fine but none of the buttons etc work for some reason I have not figured out yet. 

Offline SNO

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2024, 09:47:29 AM »
Glad you are getting closer to having it all sorted out and working.
☩Schnee☩
Jagdgeschwader 11

Das-Beste-kommt-erst-noch

Offline SunKing

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2024, 02:03:53 PM »
I have not played the game in a decade but am considering firing it up again.  For VR I'm running a Vive Pro 2 with Index controllers.  A decent machine with Virpil Hotas.  Do I install AH in Steam then fire up Steam VR and go from there?

Me too.