Author Topic: New force feedback options soon?  (Read 227 times)

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
New force feedback options soon?
« on: June 22, 2024, 03:57:18 PM »
I think this looks pretty intriguing coming out of Flight Sim Expo. I've read the old MS Sidewinder force feedback had about 2Nm of force whereas this one is pulling 9Nm. I'm guessing it'll have similar increase in wallet force feedback as well.

The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline edge12674

• Nickel Member
Re: New force feedback options soon?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2024, 01:13:49 PM »
Pre-order just went up.  A reasonable price for high-end.  Availability of 4 to 6 weeks is sooner than I expected.

https://mozaracing.com/product/moza-ab9-base

TShark
"If you are alone and meet a lone Zero, run like hell...You're outnumbered" - Joe Foss USMC 26 kills

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2024, 03:15:49 PM »
Pre-order just went up.  A reasonable price for high-end.  Availability of 4 to 6 weeks is sooner than I expected.

https://mozaracing.com/product/moza-ab9-base

And they claim 12Nm, which sounds really good. I'll wait to see if they're compatible with my VKB and for a flood of reviews to land on Youtube and whatnot. I see it's IL-2 and DCS ready and I bet it'll work with AH.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2024, 02:46:22 PM »
I have one of the lower tier MOZA steering wheel/pedals sets as my driving gear (R3 bundle) - it was a bit less $$ than FANATEC equivalents, and was available while the Fanatec stuff was backordered.  VERY impressed with the quality of the Moza product.  I pre ordered their FFB because I generally check out all the new sim gear, but I'm really hopeful that this new Moza base/stick is as good as their base tier wheel/peds for driving games are.

One thing is that the stick is a very reasonable price for a new metal grip/stick IMO, so hopefully they make some other options out of metal-ish materials like VKB/Virpil do.  Be nice to get an F15/F18 grip and maybe some commie stuff too.

Offline Skyyr

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2024, 03:28:55 PM »
I'm ordering it along with their grip and z-axis adapter; but I'm going to hold off until the first round releases and issues are identified. Not going to be a beta tester for a $1k stick setup.
Skyyr

Tours:
166 - 190
198 - 204
218 - 220
286 - 287
290 - ---

nrshida: "I almost beat Skyyr after he took a 6 year break!"
A few moments later...

vs Shane: 28-9

"Some men just want to watch the world burn."

Offline xanax

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2024, 04:06:08 PM »
I'm ordering it along with their grip and z-axis adapter; but I'm going to hold off until the first round releases and issues are identified. Not going to be a beta tester for a $1k stick setup.

Good call.

I'm sure Gman will put it through its paces and have some good insight.
The Damned
Founded 1988

Offline streakeagle

• Silver Member
      • Streak Eagle - Stephen's Website
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2024, 06:41:02 PM »
WinWing showed a photo of a force feedback joystick base, too.
i5(4690K) MAXIMUS VII HERO(32 Gb RAM) GTX1080(8 Gb RAM) Win10 Home (64-bit)
OUR MISSION: PROTECT THE FORCE, GET THE PICTURES, ...AND KILL MIGS!

Online Mayhem

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.damned.org
« Reply #7 on: Yesterday at 09:04:49 PM »
I have one of the lower tier MOZA steering wheel/pedals sets as my driving gear (R3 bundle) - it was a bit less $$ than FANATEC equivalents, and was available while the Fanatec stuff was backordered.  VERY impressed with the quality of the Moza product.  I pre ordered their FFB because I generally check out all the new sim gear, but I'm really hopeful that this new Moza base/stick is as good as their base tier wheel/peds for driving games are.

One thing is that the stick is a very reasonable price for a new metal grip/stick IMO, so hopefully they make some other options out of metal-ish materials like VKB/Virpil do.  Be nice to get an F15/F18 grip and maybe some commie stuff too.

G-Man you ever going to open that game Controller museum of yours? Asking for a friend (Damned Renegade)
"Destination anywhere! So Far Gone, I'm almost There."
The Damned! (Est. 1988) Damned if we do - No fun if we don't!
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)